General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First Tri! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-16 10:29 AM

Middleton, Wisconsin
Subject: First Tri!
I just signed up for my first sprint triathlon in June! I am doing a 12 week training program and after the 12 weeks I will focus on getting faster and going longer distances! Right now I'm training indoors and when it gets warmer here in Wisconsin I will start running and biking outside as much as possible! Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

2016-01-16 3:04 PM
in reply to: alm52386

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: First Tri!
Congrats! We're happy to have you here at BT.
Check out our training articles under Articles > Training and you should find a lot of great stuff. We recently improved our article search (use the site search box) to make it easier. There's a good article I wrote about buying a used bike, and a series of things first-timers need to have, vs things people will try to sell them even though they don't need them. :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First Tri! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Today - First post & First TRI

Started by Renicksc
Views: 725 Posts: 2

2013-03-11 1:17 PM Swimbikeron

First time on and first tri

Started by sbyrstall
Views: 739 Posts: 3

2012-07-30 8:18 PM sbyrstall

FIrst tri is next month - training for first marathon

Started by triOK
Views: 1011 Posts: 8

2006-05-16 10:20 AM mroylance

G'day...first post, first tri..

Started by divemed06
Views: 897 Posts: 5

2005-04-28 9:57 AM athena

My First Post on my First Tri

Started by ronanlee
Views: 1759 Posts: 16

2004-02-28 10:54 PM malvey
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 18, 2012
author : Khorwohock
comments : 14
I have always wanted to do a triathlon to keep myself fit, and now I had my chance.

date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : October 9, 2007
author : She-Ra
comments : 12
I never imagined that 350 yards broken down into 7 REALLY long lanes would be so big! I gasped out loud and told Grady that maybe I had underestimated the swim.
date : February 7, 2007
author : Angie M
comments : 4
In the past 18 months, I have delivered two babies, had meningitis, broken my pelvis, had two surgeries, worked full time, AND completed my first triathlon!

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
comments : 0
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.