General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 49th parallel Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-18 8:32 PM

Subject: 49th parallel
Hello,
New to triathlon. Looking for some good swim workouts that I can laminate and have by the pool. Little background. Recently lost 90lbs still a Clydesdale (not by much). Never done a tri. Good swimmer ( originally a California beach kid). Trying an Olympic for my first. Self coaching with a friend that scolds me when I'm over training. Good guidance always accepted.

2016-01-19 12:06 AM
in reply to: Perier4

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: 49th parallel
Originally posted by Perier4

Hello,
New to triathlon. Looking for some good swim workouts that I can laminate and have by the pool. Little background. Recently lost 90lbs still a Clydesdale (not by much). Never done a tri. Good swimmer ( originally a California beach kid). Trying an Olympic for my first. Self coaching with a friend that scolds me when I'm over training. Good guidance always accepted.

Hi Perier, welcome to triathlon and BT!

That's a good friend

If you're already comfortable swimming and can do front crawl, I highly recommend Sheila Taormina's Swim Speed Workouts. They're not expensive and they come with a waterproof coating. They're virtually indestructible.

But it's not the cover that counts--IMO there's just not a better or more effective swim program. They're not random workouts, but they build in a progression.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 49th parallel Rss Feed