General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » here we go! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-23 9:23 AM

Subject: here we go!
Got a high blood pressure diagnose in march of 2015. There I was with 37 yrs old, with overweight, junk food eater, etc. Had to do something and my wife helped me a lot.

After proper medical examinations, after learning again to eat, and after realising that could not exercise on my own, hired a personal trainer. He got me into running (functional exercises, they call it) and when i knew was running almost every day...

Have to admit that got hooked into it. So much hooked that had an overtraining diagnose last december, and a blister too: 30 days off.... 2016 comes by. Then tendon on the left foot is hurt at home doing "housecare things". More 15 days off...

Back on running again since last week, monday will start swimming (there is a complex of swimming pools, and academy just near by my home) and running on alternate days.

Since that running almost every day got me into overtraining, the run/swim/run/swim will solve that problem (i think). But will also need (1) to pump some iron twice a week to prevent other problems and (2) train on bike later on... but to that i think that some advice are very important, besides my personal trainer tips.

Having said that, here I am to lurk and learn...

Cheerz from South Brazil!

Jean Rovaris

2016-01-24 6:31 AM
in reply to: rovaris

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: here we go!

Welcome to BT and triathlon, Jean!

Don't worry, there are lots of crazy people here who have made all the same mistakes ... maybe even me

Definitely check out our Mentor Groups--that's a great place to get advice and support. Link is at the top of this forum and also the main Triathlon Talk forum.

2016-01-24 11:32 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Welcome to the site! The forums are great for personal interaction, and we have a TON of articles if you are researching how to do things, or how to do things better.

2016-01-25 5:21 AM

tks a lot! 1st swimming class today after a loooooong time.
journey starts today... see where it goes.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » here we go! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Going to give it a go, can't wait!

Started by TheEnemyWithin
Views: 605 Posts: 2

2014-09-02 10:20 PM IndoIronYanti

Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!?

Started by dwaugh
Views: 845 Posts: 3

2012-08-10 7:15 AM dwaugh

OK, here goes ... I'm going to do this

Started by surgeandsettle
Views: 1016 Posts: 5

2008-05-23 8:53 AM surgeandsettle

Injured but still going.. and going and going!

Started by jlessing
Views: 959 Posts: 5

2008-04-30 12:22 PM elheffe99

I think I"m actually going to go through with it!

Started by somarye77
Views: 644 Posts: 5

2006-02-19 6:20 AM RGRBILL
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Because I'm not that fast going slow is, well, really slow - especially when I'm trying to train by heart rate. It feels like I'm going backwards. Is this normal?

date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.
date : November 24, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
Do I swim an extra 1000 yards or show up on time to my son’s soccer game? Those small decisions become larger components in this emo/physio battle of decision and will. "Should I go pro?"

date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.
date : February 10, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
The backstory of becoming a pro, joining a team and working with sponsors

date : January 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 2
Going for broke in a race, as a pro or an amateur, can mean failure or exhilaration -- or both.
date : March 9, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
"I'm 'good' at breakfast and lunch, but after I get home from the gym at night, I end up devouring everything in sight. On weekends, my eating is even crazier." Sound familiar?

date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.