Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Medical software Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-01 5:30 AM

Subject: Medical software
Hello, guys! I don't know if this thread fits in here, Anyway I just need some inputs about EHR or electronic health records. My husband is a doctor and they said that EHR lets you access the patient's health record instantly thru your mobile phone or tablet. Do you guys already heard about it? It is safe and reliable?? Thanks!

2016-02-01 11:54 AM
in reply to: Myra Trabert

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Medical software

Originally posted by Myra Trabert Hello, guys! I don't know if this thread fits in here, Anyway I just need some inputs about EHR or electronic health records. My husband is a doctor and they said that EHR lets you access the patient's health record instantly thru your mobile phone or tablet. Do you guys already heard about it? It is safe and reliable?? Thanks!

As part of the ACA there is a requirement for all medical institutions to switch over to electronic medical records (EMR or EHR).  The theory is that too many mistakes were made due to sloppy handwriting and there was no communication between various offices which also led to mistakes.

Nothing is foolproof, but the EMR systems out there have to be very secure due to all of the healthcare related privacy laws.  I wouldn't get too worked up about them from a security standpoint, and focus on the benefits.  I do enjoy being able to schedule an appointment or check on test results online or via a phone app.

As for what software to use as a Doctor, you're husband will need to evaluate several different vendors to see which ones make the most sense for his practice.  There are a lot of factors that come into play such as what systems you currently use and what other offices you may be affiliated with.  If they're using software X, then you don't want to necessarily use software Y because it may not integrate as well.

Here's a list of several:
http://www.capterra.com/infographics/top-emr-software

I run an IT company and most of our medical customers around here are running Allscripts

2016-02-07 8:32 PM

It actually depends on your service provider. You should find an efficient and reliable one.
2016-02-09 6:04 AM
in reply to: tuwood

There are a lot of factors that come into play such as what systems you currently use and what other offices you may be affiliated with.  If they're using software X, then you don't want to necessarily use software Y because it may not integrate as well.

Here's a list of several:
http://www.capterra.com/infographics/top-emr-software

I run an IT company and most of our medical customers around here are running Allscripts

Thanks for your suggestion, it's quite helpful. We're currently not using any system YET since my husband has not fully decided on which EHR software to use. He's not really that tech savvy and he's 50 something now so he's looking for a tool that's easy to use and comprehend. The clinics near ours use Meditouch instead of AllScripts so would we have an issue in case we use AllScripts for my husband's clinic? His colleague also made him check out Meditouch reviews online for additional info but he's still thinking it through. We surely could use your advice since you run an IT company.
2016-03-13 5:33 PM

User image

Having worked in the medical field for the last 5 years, I can tell you there are lots of EHR systems out there. Some bad, some horrible and some completely unusable. EHR software is written by computer programmers with minimal medical knowledge or exposure. The user interface does not sync well with clinical work flow. Hospitals and clinics seem to purchase whichever system is cheapest or runs the best marketing. The most annoying part is that many different EHR programs out there are unable to communicate with each other. Information needs to be manually reentered every time. Sorry, I'm done ranting.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Medical software Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Medical Software for BB's

Started by NavyTRIChief
Views: 858 Posts: 5

2009-09-24 2:30 AM Slugger

Payroll Software

Started by EllenG
Views: 859 Posts: 7

2008-04-12 10:54 PM tcovert

Project Manager Software Recommendations Needed

Started by mnewton
Views: 657 Posts: 7

2007-03-28 2:14 PM mpet555

financial software

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 444 Posts: 2

2007-01-20 2:25 AM Birkierunner

Computer help, reloading my XP software

Started by shadowfax
Views: 581 Posts: 11

2006-12-15 1:46 PM vortmax
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : May 21, 2007
comments : 2
Not all cramping is training-related. The causes of muscle cramping and the diagnosis of restless leg syndrome including some medical and non-medical treatments.
date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.

date : November 27, 2005
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 1
It is inadvisable for some people to begin an intensive exercise program without first consulting a health professional for advice, monitoring, and in some cases, tests.
date : October 2, 2005
Knowing where the fluids are, how they will fit on your bike, how much to reach for, and when to reach for it should be understood prior to ever setting foot on the course.

date : July 17, 2005
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems
date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.

date : January 24, 2005
New athlete injury Q&A with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.