General Discussion Triathlon Talk » S or M Specialized S-Works Evade? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-02 12:17 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: S or M Specialized S-Works Evade?

I'm looking at getting a new helmet for out training, looking at Specialized S-Works Evade because can get it in colors that match my bike!   That said, I'm a measured 56cm, the small is 51-57cm, Med 54-60.  Haven't looked at any LBS yet to try on, but IIRC non are Specialized shops so I may have to travel.

Anyone know how these helmets fit?  Would the small not fit/look right being I would be on the edge vs the med?

2016-02-02 1:42 PM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Exton, PA
Subject: RE: S or M Specialized S-Works Evade?
Originally posted by Donto

I'm looking at getting a new helmet for out training, looking at Specialized S-Works Evade because can get it in colors that match my bike!   That said, I'm a measured 56cm, the small is 51-57cm, Med 54-60.  Haven't looked at any LBS yet to try on, but IIRC non are Specialized shops so I may have to travel.

Anyone know how these helmets fit?  Would the small not fit/look right being I would be on the edge vs the med?

I have a specialized helmet(don't know the model) and went with the measurement which put me in a small. It fits very well, so if you measure as a small go for the small. You can always return it right?
2016-02-03 1:17 PM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Durham, North Carolina
I was bored so I just measured my head and got between 54-56 cm. I'm not sure if I measured properly or not. I have a medium evade and I think it fits great. I got it 1 year ago so I can't remember why I chose medium over small, but I did try them on at the shop. Maybe they didn't have small? Either way medium fits me great and its very adjustable. I'm sure either would work, but I would recommend med. I also have their tri version with magnetic straps and I love them.
2016-02-03 6:31 PM
in reply to: Lupy

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by Lupy I was bored so I just measured my head and got between 54-56 cm. I'm not sure if I measured properly or not. I have a medium evade and I think it fits great. I got it 1 year ago so I can't remember why I chose medium over small, but I did try them on at the shop. Maybe they didn't have small? Either way medium fits me great and its very adjustable. I'm sure either would work, but I would recommend med. I also have their tri version with magnetic straps and I love them.
I was wondering if maybe the small would sit too high vs a med.  I also have more of a narrow/oblong type head not a round one and some helmets look really wide on me.

Guess I should just find a shop to check them out, road trip... 

2016-02-04 6:52 AM

User image

Exton, PA

Originally posted by Lupy I was bored so I just measured my head and got between 54-56 cm. I'm not sure if I measured properly or not. I have a medium evade and I think it fits great. I got it 1 year ago so I can't remember why I chose medium over small, but I did try them on at the shop. Maybe they didn't have small? Either way medium fits me great and its very adjustable. I'm sure either would work, but I would recommend med. I also have their tri version with magnetic straps and I love them.
I was wondering if maybe the small would sit too high vs a med.  I also have more of a narrow/oblong type head not a round one and some helmets look really wide on me.

If both small and medium fit your head, the medium will probably look like a big mushroom cap sitting on top of you body
2016-02-04 9:24 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
My general rule of thumb if I'm right on the line between sizes

On helmets that don't cover the ears, size down.
On helmets that do cover the ears, size up.

It's worked pretty well for me in the past. The only time I ever bought a helmet that didn't fit was when nashbar was closing out Giro Selectors... they only had smalls and I was on the cusp. Now I have a giro selector I can't get on my head over my big ears.

2016-02-04 11:42 AM

User image

Durham, North Carolina

I'm not 100% sure on helmet position so there is a good chance I'm wrong. I have a feeling that all of these promised aero gains are just as easily lost by not adjusting where it sits on my head properly.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » S or M Specialized S-Works Evade? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

*ss crack problems

Started by dprocket
Views: 1743 Posts: 16

2015-04-02 11:19 AM TJHammer

Climbing a hill on an SS vs a tri bike

Started by mtx
Views: 1211 Posts: 7

2012-05-20 9:31 AM morey000

What does "SS" mean in this cycling workout?

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 5663 Posts: 12

2012-03-27 8:08 PM guppie58

SS/Fixie Frame

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 1351 Posts: 12

2011-10-31 10:07 PM wgraves7582

SS commuter recommendations?

Started by jesswah
Views: 1722 Posts: 17

2008-08-18 9:14 PM Spokes
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 28, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I was just recently diagnosed with MS, but I'm also very accepting and ready to move forward - especially in my triathlon training and I would love input and training tips.