General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-04 5:07 AM

Subject: Hi
Hi all,
I'm new here, I know this is not the right place to ask this, but I need to take a decision immediately. My father is a dementia patient and due to some personal reasons, I'm not able to take care of him. So I’m thinking of contacting any elderly care home in Calgary for help. After the death of my mom, he’s staying alone in his house and I wonder what should he do if his health condition becomes worse. While browsing, I had noticed that Diamond Personnel an elderly care near his house is providing both independent and assisted living services. I already contacted them and they ensured me that they will provide 100% nursing care. But I'm confused..should I proceed with this or look up for another one? Please help me take a decision.

2016-02-04 11:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Hi

Hi,  You're right this probably isn't the best place to ask your questions (in terms of getting answers) and it is not easy to answer you.  I looked at your profile and it says you are in Ontario but it sounds like your father is in Calgary.  That certainly complicates things if that is so.  I'm in BC and I'm sure Ontario, Alberta and BC have different ways of doing things.

Don't feel bad about putting your father into a home he will think the new home is his home.  And, he will be safer and cared for in a way that you are not capable of. Try to contact "Continuing Care" in Calgary and ask for detailed guidance on what to do and what help you can get.  Continuing care will assess him and determine what he can or can't do.  You can also check out this website:

www.health.alberta.ca/services/continuing-care-system.html This site should give you guidance and contact information.  The place you contacted may be where he will wind up but you need help to make the right decision.

Do you have "Enduring Power of Attorney" for your father?  If not you should arrange this immediately.  If your father is too far gone (due to the dementia) it will be a lot more complicated.  Then you'll need to talk to a lawyer.  You could Google "Enduring Power of Attorney in Alberta" to see what is involved.

This is the bare minimum of information but it should get you started and put you in touch with people who do this all the time.  Good luck.

Edited by wenceslasz 2016-02-04 11:57 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New here, hi hi!

Started by Lynn00
Views: 994 Posts: 3

2013-05-13 4:15 PM Lynn00

hi hi!

Started by campycantri
Views: 1305 Posts: 4

2010-03-21 11:05 PM biggoofy

hi hi hi

Started by woohoo83
Views: 1286 Posts: 3

2008-09-10 1:15 AM mchally

Hi, Hi, Hi, really new to triathlon.........

Started by newadventures
Views: 1240 Posts: 14

2006-05-23 9:17 PM mroylance

Hi, my name Sean and I'm a newbie.....Hi Sean!

Started by soupaman
Views: 1800 Posts: 11

2004-02-19 2:55 AM JaWaLav
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 27, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussion including HIM's, heart-rate monitors, water running, TT's, high kicks, hi vs low volume training and nutrition for weight loss.