General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Doping Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2016-02-08 12:35 PM
in reply to: 3mar

nashville, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Doping
I totally understand your frustration. And I tell you I totally admire the guys on here who say they could care less about what other people are doing. I wish I could say that all I care about is having a good time and competing against myself. Yes I am competing against myself, but I'm also competing against all of you. I work pretty darn hard to make the small gains that I do. So if there are guys competing against me that are doping, yeah that's pretty frustrating. If I made significant improvements year to year, but I never climbed the rankings, I would not be happy. Some of you would be very satisfied as long as your making improvements. But honestly if my improvements are not resulting in me placing higher in my age group, I'm not happy. I wish that were not my motivation, but it is. No, I couldn't care less about the hardware that I receive, but I care ALOT whether I beat the guy that beat me last year.

2016-02-08 12:59 PM
in reply to: mchadcota2

User image

Seattle

I think we can all agree that we would all would like a race that is fair. And it's frustrating when people cheat.

But getting frustrated to the point of not wanting to compete, especially when you don't know for a fact who is cheating and who isn't just seems like a waste of time to me. 

I really love the example marcag gave. Cheaters or not, you can use everyone to push yourself to be the best you can be. 

And I hear you, OP, about a race being a very specific set of variables that you are all up against that day and you would like to be able to compare your finish against others because certainly time isn't the only consideration. Sometimes the course is long, sometimes there's a ton of elevation gain etc. etc. I think we all get that. But I think you just have to assume everyone is clean until proven otherwise. 

I had a race where I was knocked out of the top 10 OA because a woman in front of me cheated. Blatantly. And posted on social media about it even. It frustrated me for sure. But when I really thought about it, me getting that 10th position instead of the 11th doesn't change a single thing about my own performance that day. 

2016-02-08 3:12 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I'm reminded of GatorDeb a bit while reading this.

She used to make the craziest dang threads.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Doping Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Latest doping scandal has "old school" flavor.

Started by gullahcracker
Views: 1067 Posts: 5

2006-07-05 10:09 AM hangloose

Doping controls in Pro Triathlon

Started by kenail
Views: 611 Posts: 2

2006-06-30 9:27 AM running2far

AP: Report exonorates Armstrong of doping

Started by huengsolo
Views: 801 Posts: 6

2006-06-01 9:56 AM huengsolo

UCI has no doping evidence against Armstrong