Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What?!? No Super Bowl Thread? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-06 8:38 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Subject: What?!? No Super Bowl Thread?

Kind of surprised there hasn't been a Super Bowl thread!

I am pulling for Denver.  I know, the line is Carolina by 6.  I think if the Denver 'D' can contain Newton and the Broncos can stay within 7 at half-time, Denver has a chance 'cause Carolina can't seem to play in the second half.  If the Bronco's can't contain Newton, it's gonna be a LONG day.  They have to get pressure with their 3-4 and their secondary has to have a career day.

Nobody thought they could beat New England and defensively they did things to NE that hadn't been done in years.  I don't think Brady had been on his backside so many times this decade.  Hoping they can pull off the same magic tomorrow.

I say Denver in a nail biter. 

What say you BT?  Who's gonna win?

2016-02-06 10:14 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: What?!? No Super Bowl Thread?
Carolina not only wins, they cover.
I could not believe this spread opened at 3 1/2.
To those who laud the Broncos D...have they seen Carolina's D?

Carolina's D will feast on a team that can't run the ball to save their life.

My crystal ball sees one unit that will be exposed in this game...
It won't be either team's d-line, linebackers, or secondary...it won't be the glory positions (with the possible exception of an old Peyton Manning)...
it will be Denver's O-Line.

As much as I'd like to see Peyton get a ring and retire, I want to see Thomas Davis (he of 3 ACL tears and recoveries, along with a forearm he broke 2 weeks ago that gave him 12 screws and a plate! and he's STILL playing tomorrow!) win this game.

Enjoy it BTers!
2016-02-08 4:59 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

It won't be either team's d-line, linebackers, or secondary...it won't be the glory positions (with the possible exception of an old Peyton Manning)...

As much as I'd like to see Peyton get a ring and retire, I want to see Thomas Davis (he of 3 ACL tears and recoveries, along with a forearm he broke 2 weeks ago that gave him 12 screws and a plate! and he's STILL playing tomorrow!) win this game.

Enjoy it BTers!

About the greatest prediction ever!

Shane
2016-02-08 10:32 AM
in reply to: gsmacleod

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

GO BRONCOS!!!! 

Takeaways from an admittedly biased Denver fan:

- Talib needs to go
- I'm happy for Peyton
- Overall not the prettiest super bowl win, but I'll take it
- John Elway looks really yellow
- Too many bowel commercials (and toenail fungus?? Come on!)
- Coldplay got showed up at their own halftime show by Bruno Mars and Beyonce (and I probably like Coldplay better than either, so I'm not being biased there!)

2016-02-08 6:42 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by gsmacleod

Enjoy it BTers!

About the greatest prediction ever!

Shane

Oh man! Folks could make a fortune betting the opposite of what I predict.
It's a good thing I do not gamble.

btw, Bruno and Beyonce certainly have packed on some pounds...that said, Bruno's still got it, Beyonce sadly, does not.
Bruno was fantastic, Beyonce not so much.
Coldplay? I guess if ya like your rockers prancing around like they're on Glee, Coldplay's your band.
2016-02-09 6:36 AM

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia

Well, I'm a Peyton Manning fan and I figured it was just going to be a repeat of the Seahawks vs Broncos so clearly I'm in the same boat.

btw, Bruno and Beyonce certainly have packed on some pounds...that said, Bruno's still got it, Beyonce sadly, does not.
Coldplay? I guess if ya like your rockers prancing around like they're on Glee, Coldplay's your band.

You mean you don't want all your songs to sound the same?

You going to catch GNR this summer?

Shane

2016-02-09 10:04 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Stacers

GO BRONCOS!!!! 

- Talib needs to go
- I'm happy for Peyton
- Coldplay got showed up at their own halftime show by Bruno Mars and Beyonce (and I probably like Coldplay better than either, so I'm not being biased there!)

Talib has been really showing his thug side recently. Maybe Oakland will take him.

I'm happy for Peyton as well. But I really really really hope he decides to go out on that note (not unlike Elway)

The commercials, in general, were terrible.

I heard that Fleetwood Mac is the 2017 half-time show so maybe we can get back to quality shows.

2016-02-09 12:00 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by Stacers

GO BRONCOS!!!! 

- Talib needs to go
- I'm happy for Peyton

Talib has been really showing his thug side recently. Maybe Oakland will take him.

I'm happy for Peyton as well. But I really really really hope he decides to go out on that note (not unlike Elway)

The commercials, in general, were terrible.

I heard that Fleetwood Mac is the 2017 half-time show so maybe we can get back to quality shows.

So next year we can watch the "highlights" of this year's halftime show???

2016-02-10 3:11 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by gsmacleod

Well, I'm a Peyton Manning fan and I figured it was just going to be a repeat of the Seahawks vs Broncos so clearly I'm in the same boat.

You mean you don't want all your songs to sound the same?

You going to catch GNR this summer?

Shane

Oh man, if they are anywhere within 500 miles, ABSOLUTELY!
It will be my 8th GNR show...the 2nd with Axl, Slash, and Duff performing together.
Mrs. CD definitely worries...but I've made it back alive every time.
2016-02-19 6:52 PM

User image

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Carolina not only wins, they cover. I could not believe this spread opened at 3 1/2. To those who laud the Broncos D...have they seen Carolina's D? Carolina's D will feast on a team that can't run the ball to save their life. My crystal ball sees one unit that will be exposed in this game... It won't be either team's d-line, linebackers, or secondary...it won't be the glory positions (with the possible exception of an old Peyton Manning)... it will be Denver's O-Line. As much as I'd like to see Peyton get a ring and retire, I want to see Thomas Davis (he of 3 ACL tears and recoveries, along with a forearm he broke 2 weeks ago that gave him 12 screws and a plate! and he's STILL playing tomorrow!) win this game. Enjoy it BTers!

I figured the same prediction as you did...but I figured since both defenses were so good, it was safer to play the under.  

Carolina's D actually played just as good, if not a better game than Denver.  It's just that Denver made two defensive plays that either scored or directly resulted in a TD.

Carolina also didn't do themselves any favors trying to run an offense where Cam drops back in the pocket and doesn't get rid of the ball quickly.  That just plays right into the hands of a defense with a strong pass rush.  I think if they play the game again, and another 3 more times after that as a best of 5, Carolina likely wins 3 out of the next 4, and possible that 2 of their 3 wins are blowouts because Denver's offense couldn't do anything but try to run clock.  But that's the beauty of the game...Any given Sunday...

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What?!? No Super Bowl Thread? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Super Bowl Viewing Thread

Started by ADollar79
Views: 840 Posts: 17

2010-02-04 5:53 PM ADollar79

Super Bowl Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by ADollar79
Views: 1790 Posts: 38

2008-01-24 8:54 AM runnerx

The Super Bowl, ain't so super

Started by De Cracker
Views: 894 Posts: 17

2007-02-05 9:48 AM kellc09

Official "Pick a Lane" Super Bowl Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by hangloose
Views: 1670 Posts: 55

2007-02-04 4:43 PM jimbo

Super Bowl Mea Culpa

Started by dontracy
Views: 1115 Posts: 7

2005-02-02 10:09 AM dontracy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 16, 2014
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Do we really need chia, spelt, and quinoa? Is anything wrong with old-fashioned peanut butter, broccoli and brown rice?

date : December 30, 2013
author : Ron
comments : 1
We have new 10 and 20 week training plans for the New Year! These mini sprint plans are very conservative and will get any person thinking of training for a triathlon ready to cross the finish-line.
date : July 13, 2009
author : Ontherun
We review three unique floor pumps: Pedro's Super Prestige, Topeak JoeBlow Ace and the Campbell Hausfeld cordless rechargeable inflator. Also discussed are Presta and Schrader valves.

date : October 7, 2008
author : didds
Cotswold super sprint - UK. Lots of bodies colliding, I swam half over someone, got kicked by some bloody breaststroker, and as a mob we poured towards the first buoy.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Since I didn't have much time and since it's a super sprint, am I OK just go to at the training relatively hard through Thursday or even Friday?