Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My no soda, no carb challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-02-28 9:06 AM
in reply to: tuwood

Subject: RE: My no soda, no carb challenge
I've dropped 30 lbs in the last year by going to a more or less Paleo diet. I get my carbs from the whole fruits and vegetables I eat. I don't count calories or weigh portions. Breakfast is almost always a big pile of sauteed vegetables with a chicken sausage thrown in and a couple of eggs on top. Lunch is usually a big salad with either chicken or fish thrown on. Dinner is meat / protein with a lot of vegetables. My wife and I eat a lot of fish. I do throw in fruit and nuts for snacks. I very rarely do wheat anymore and I eat taters rarely. I feel good. I drink beer very rarely anymore but I am guilty of drinking too much wine. Less if I am on the road; more at home. I never drink sugary or artificially sweetened pop any more. It's water or non-sweetened ice tea or coffee.

Carbs are not bad if they come with the fiber that un-altered fruits and vegetables pack. The more your food is processed (I don't mean cooked, but processed) the more likely that it is stripped of the fiber that helps you digest carbs at the right speed. This keeps your insulin in check.

I am doing the Coeur d'Alene HIM in June and I want to drop another 10 lbs. I am 6'1" and currently run between 197-200 lbs. I want to get to 190. I am going to have to give up my beloved wine to see if I can drop the weight.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My no soda, no carb challenge Rss Feed  

of 3