General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Holey Bike Shorts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-09 10:25 AM

Subject: Holey Bike Shorts
I'm relatively new to an ISM Adamo saddle and really liking it but have been noticing a lot of abrasion on inside thigh of bike shorts and even wore a hole through a pair. Anyone have similar experience or recos for bullet proof bike shorts? Just got a pair of Desoto Forza tri shorts but haven't given them a test ride yet.

2016-02-09 1:18 PM
in reply to: PRHTri

User image

, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Holey Bike Shorts
Man I love my DeSotos, but noticed that they really are not holding up well in the pool. Oh and let's not talk about sizing. If you wear a medium size up to a large. LG's have worn pretty well but have turned see thru in about 2 years of riding. I don't think any of my Pearl's have seen much wear and tear but I only have about 1 year on them. I think maybe the pool and the chems just wear out shorts quicker? I haven't had a new pair of Sugoi's in a while, it may be psychological but the Sugoi's I had, had pockets and all I could think about was them flapping open during my swims. I doubt they do, probably just in my head.
2016-02-09 1:57 PM
in reply to: ToxicDonkey

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by ToxicDonkey

Man I love my DeSotos, but noticed that they really are not holding up well in the pool. Oh and let's not talk about sizing. If you wear a medium size up to a large. LG's have worn pretty well but have turned see thru in about 2 years of riding. I don't think any of my Pearl's have seen much wear and tear but I only have about 1 year on them. I think maybe the pool and the chems just wear out shorts quicker? I haven't had a new pair of Sugoi's in a while, it may be psychological but the Sugoi's I had, had pockets and all I could think about was them flapping open during my swims. I doubt they do, probably just in my head.

I don't wear my tri shorts in the pool unless it's a pool triathlon, or some equipment testing before race day.

They do not hold up well to chlorine at all, so I swim pretty well exclusively in chlorine resistant swimwear like the speedo endurance+ line.

My first pair of jammers just got replaced after years of use, only cause they've finally gotten a bit too stretched out from use.
2016-02-09 5:30 PM
in reply to: dfquigley

User image

Originally posted by dfquigley

I don't wear my tri shorts in the pool unless it's a pool triathlon, or some equipment testing before race day.

They do not hold up well to chlorine at all, so I swim pretty well exclusively in chlorine resistant swimwear like the speedo endurance+ line.

My first pair of jammers just got replaced after years of use, only cause they've finally gotten a bit too stretched out from use.

What he said. Grab bag training suits for me.
2016-02-09 7:35 PM

Nothing survives chorline for long, I wouldn't waste pairs of tri-shorts by wearing them to the pool.
2016-02-10 1:47 AM
in reply to: PRHTri

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
One trick with Adamo seats....pull in the front fork with a couple of zip ties.

This has been a problem for me with Adamo saddles. The fork rubs on the thighs.

I've been very successful in using zip ties to eliminate the rubbing problem. My seat is Prologue.

hope that helps.

2016-02-10 7:57 AM
in reply to: metafizx

User image

Durham, North Carolina
Originally posted by metafizx

One trick with Adamo seats....pull in the front fork with a couple of zip ties.

This has been a problem for me with Adamo saddles. The fork rubs on the thighs.

I've been very successful in using zip ties to eliminate the rubbing problem. My seat is Prologue.

hope that helps.

I squeezed mine in a bit because it was too wide. It did help, but I eventually gave up on that saddle. Zip ties idea sounds good too.

+1 on not wearing tri shorts in the pool, and +1 on de soto being awesome!
2016-02-10 2:09 PM
in reply to: bigevilgrape

User image

, South Carolina
Hey can you shoot me a link to the grab bags for swim gear? Are they the euro speedos or are they more conducive to the family Y pool? if you know what mean?
2016-02-10 2:13 PM

User image

, South Carolina
nm found them on Speedo's site. Thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Holey Bike Shorts Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim in bike short/Bike in swim shorts

Started by Porfirio
Views: 984 Posts: 4

2012-04-27 9:21 AM Porfirio

Bike shorts over tri shorts for HIM???

Started by ChrisM
Views: 2068 Posts: 22

2007-04-01 3:07 PM ChrisM

Running shorts under bike shorts

Started by NewburghBrett
Views: 1368 Posts: 9

2006-11-21 8:20 AM KSH

Bike shorts or tri shorts for IM

Started by zaboo
Views: 1416 Posts: 10

2006-09-01 9:49 AM swbkrun

bike shorts/tri shorts

Started by l0wnsl0
Views: 1567 Posts: 15

2006-02-20 11:40 AM cbost2678
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 7, 2013
author : GaryRM
comments : 1
Underwater Audio short-cord swim bud review.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : December 10, 2009
author : stubberoo
comments : 0
The first time out and 50 meters in my oxygen was in very short supply. I realized that all that running didn't do much for this sport.
date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : August 20, 2008
author : newhomeowner
comments : 16
If you’re reading this because you’re still not sure, sign up for just one triathlon – a short sprint.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Downloadable race-day checklist for your triathlon preparation. Everything you need to bring from your bike to drinks.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle