Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Beginnerguitarist.com Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-10 7:17 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Beginnerguitarist.com
My 20 year old son has just ordered an "entry level" electric guitar and amp from Amazon. I hear him picking out some recognizable rifts but he is doing so by ear. Looking for recommendations for a beginner's book maybe with CDs/DVDs on guitar basics. Considering his propensity to jump from one thing to the next not looking to spend a lot of money. Is there a Guitar for Dummies?

2016-02-11 12:52 PM
in reply to: CBess

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Beginnerguitarist.com

I've heard (but not investigated for myself) that YouTube has instructional videos for guitar and other musical instruments.  I'm not sure what to recommend as far as books, sorry.  Good luck to your son!

2016-02-12 11:48 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

, Kronobergs lan
www.justinguitar.com

Simply the best

Cannot recommend this site enough.
2016-02-13 11:03 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Depending on what his goal is. If classic guitar, then lessons are prefered, at least at the beginning. Does he have any music background? I mean, does he know the notes. It would help him identify the notes on the guitar.
If he just wants to know the chords, the sinmple research on Internet or any basic book. Keep it simple. Once he gets an idea of the chords, he will master it quickly.
If it is more towards electric guitar, then there are plenty of youtube videos. He can either search for basics and exercises for hands and fingers, as well as searching for a specific song he wants to master.
2016-02-14 11:58 AM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
We got Rocksmith (xbox 360) for my son a couple of years ago. He's actually coming along pretty good. I think his main problem is that he's fooling around with Trumpet (HS Band), Piano, Guitar and Bass Guitar. He's passable on all 4, but he just can't choose
2016-02-16 7:38 AM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by WebFootFreak

We got Rocksmith (xbox 360) for my son a couple of years ago. He's actually coming along pretty good. I think his main problem is that he's fooling around with Trumpet (HS Band), Piano, Guitar and Bass Guitar. He's passable on all 4, but he just can't choose

A bit like somebody fooling around with swimming, biking, running without being able to choose one?

i can relate to that. I play drums, guitar, ukulele and vocal chords (I sing). I am not very good but I may not be better if I concentrated on one instrument. Or maybe I would but we will neve know because I don't intend to give up any of them, they are all fun. I want to add one, actually, I'd like to learn the piano.

2016-02-17 10:20 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
He comes by it honestly. My list (in chronological order):

Accordion, Harmonica, Sax (Alto, Sorpano, Tenor), Piano, Baritone TC, French Horn, Mellophone (F Horn mouthpiece, tho) and Clarinet.

I picked up an old garage sale trumpet so he and I could learn together... but the trumpet mouthpiece never felt right. Too wide/shallow.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Beginnerguitarist.com Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

match.com meets active.com--go get 'em, single tri people!

Started by deepbluesea
Views: 772 Posts: 7

2006-01-10 11:37 AM Mottyl

wheresgeorge.com

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 686 Posts: 2

2005-09-05 3:26 PM madkat

dontdatehimgirl.com

Started by clflgrl
Views: 1228 Posts: 15

2005-08-25 12:10 PM clflgrl

Active.com

Started by newbiedoo
Views: 998 Posts: 19

2005-08-12 11:15 AM newbiedoo

Fitday.com

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 602 Posts: 3

2005-07-22 10:52 PM nuke_angel
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Looking to rent or try-before-you-buy race wheels for your next triathlon? Coach AJ checks out the service at RaceDay Wheels.

date : August 1, 2006
author : TriathlonRadio
comments : 2
In this first BT podcast, we interview JeepFleeb on his start into triathlons, powercranks and his weightloss journey.
date : March 5, 2006
author : DominiqueL
This company has quietly introduced the Inflatable Foot Rinse. It’s lightweight, portable, and solves all of the issues inherent in the ubiquitous plastic bucket.

date : October 30, 2005
author : Ron
D3 Multisport and BeginnerTriathlete.com have combined forces to bring high quality training programs to athletes of all abilities, especially new and beginner triathletes.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Team BT
Working only on technique will not make a swimmer much faster; some work must be done at speeds and efforts that could cause technique to deteriorate.