General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does anyone know where I could find out about a nutribullet? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-13 8:39 AM

User image

Subject: Does anyone know where I could find out about a nutribullet?
Maybe some recipes and reviews

Edited by Goggles Pizzano 2016-02-13 8:41 AM

2016-02-13 10:13 AM
in reply to: #5166952

, New York
Subject: RE: Does anyone know where I could find out about a nutribullet?
I have one. It does what I need it to do, although some foods remain a little 'gritty' (seeds in berries etc), but obviously it's not a Vitamix! I found I used it a lot when I first purchased it, and less so now, but that is a reflection on me and my needs, not the product.
2016-02-13 11:21 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Excellent thanks. Now I just have to find a blog about nutribullet. Oops just noticed all the spam was removed.

Edited by Goggles Pizzano 2016-02-13 11:23 AM
2016-02-14 1:42 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Hate mine. Lots of hype, but it has no blades, just some dull things that supposedly smash foods open. Just use a blender or anything with sharp blades.
2016-02-14 4:55 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Originally posted by MuscleMomma

Hate mine. Lots of hype, but it has no blades, just some dull things that supposedly smash foods open. Just use a blender or anything with sharp blades.

Have had one for a couple of years now. No problems with it. A good recipe is peanut/ almond butter, cashew milk, and bananas.

The other thing I like about the nutribullet is that a replacement blade can be ordered for about $10. Only had to do that once.
2016-02-15 9:45 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

I've been happy with mine, had it 1.5-2 years?  I use it for smoothies/drinks mainly, but have also made a great balsamic salad dressing with it.  A few of my fave recipes:

• banana, PB2 (powdered peanut butter - works so much nicer in blended drinks), almond/cashew milk, choc protein drink mix.  
  • mixed frozen fruit, almond/cashew milk, chia seeds (I add spinach if I've got it around), sometimes a little protein powder
  • frozen blueberries, bananas, almond/cashew milk, usually a little protein powder
  • this one may sound weird, but it's very refreshing in the summer especially.  Frozen watermelon chunks, coconut water, a few frozen blueberries.
  • frozen cherries, vanilla almond milk, some banana (again, protein powder optional)

2016-02-15 11:45 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Farmington, Connecticut
I've had mine for about 2 years. Works fine, though I'm wearing out the blades. Will have to buy a replacement set.

I've made some of the smoothie recipes posted by others and enjoyed them. Here's a few more that I really like:

- Frozen peach slices, almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1T almond butter. (This one is my favorite)
- 1/2C water, 1 ice cube, 1/4 avocado, big squirt of lime juice, cup of honeydew melon(or use mango), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop choc protein powder, frozen bing cherries, almond milk or cow's milk.

I often throw in other stuff too: spinach, kale, hemp seed, flax seed, chia seeds, etc. depending on my mood.
2016-02-16 4:42 AM

User image

Veteran
Newcastle, England

You have to be careful with theses (and any type of blender) as it converts intrinsic sugars to extrinsic sugars, specificity Non-milk extrinsic sugars NMES).

Fruit juice contains NMES and should count only once as part of the five portions of fruit and vegetables we should eat every day.  We should look to limit the consumption of food that contains NMES, as they imbalance the diet, can cause tooth decay.

On the flip side: Intrinsic sugars are those that are present naturally within the cellular structure of food. (and before pulsing/blending) These sugars are found in foods such as whole fruit and vegetables. Foods containing intrinsic (or milk sugars) do not need to be avoided. 

2016-02-16 11:58 AM

Augusta, Georgia
I have had one for about a year now, and like it. It is nice having the smaller containers so you don't have to pull out the big blender to make a smaller drink. It is very easy to store and I would recommend getting one.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does anyone know where I could find out about a nutribullet? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I don't know what I am doing....

Started by Flapjack
Views: 1294 Posts: 7

2011-02-21 9:00 PM Flapjack

Anyone doing/done the Santa Rosa Island Tri or Destin Crab Trap Tri

Started by pilotzs
Views: 1646 Posts: 5

2013-05-28 5:00 PM tacetman

IM done...what do we do know

Started by cctri
Views: 2103 Posts: 22

2009-08-07 9:26 PM jackedaniels

I don't know if I'm doing it right....(HIM Training)

Started by merlin2375
Views: 1262 Posts: 5

2009-04-27 7:42 AM merlin2375

Anyone know anything about the Powerman series

Started by lincsguyus
Views: 600 Posts: 1

2004-09-14 1:50 PM lincsguyus
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 29, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Character attributes and temperament of successful triathletes.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 0
Everything you want to know (and then some).