Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Subaru 5150 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-28 10:56 PM

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
Subject: Subaru 5150
Anyone considering this race?

I'm not too sure about where the swim is located(always thought that side was a bit dirty with the float planes and still water) or the looped bike course, but the run portion will be awesome.

Also waiting for the Games coming to Vancouver in August. They haven't released any course information yet, but I'm looking forward to finding out more about this event! It hasn't been advertised much yet considering how big the event is going to be.

2016-03-01 4:34 PM
in reply to: RunnyBunny

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Subaru 5150

I am planning on doing it.  Swim has to be better than last year, when a buoy broke loose.  I was sighting it off to my left, then further to my left, then further to my left ("man am I ever drifting right") when all of a sudden it is moving to my right as a paddle boarder had grabbed it and was attempting to replace it....  Too much current at Jericho for my liking .  Not keen on the bike loops either, but definitely makes it more spectator friendly!

2016-03-01 10:03 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
Originally posted by IronOx

I am planning on doing it.  Swim has to be better than last year, when a buoy broke loose.  I was sighting it off to my left, then further to my left, then further to my left ("man am I ever drifting right") when all of a sudden it is moving to my right as a paddle boarder had grabbed it and was attempting to replace it....  Too much current at Jericho for my liking .  Not keen on the bike loops either, but definitely makes it more spectator friendly!

Awesome. I've decided I'm going to do it too! It should be a great event. I never liked the current at Jericho either. It was hard to pace how many strokes until the next buoy. I always found it felt like I swam forever to the first only to swim by the second in a matter of seconds and then have to swim even further to get back! It definitely will be a spectator event!
2016-03-02 4:53 PM
in reply to: #5169644

User image

Victoria, British Columbia
I'm signed up too. I have never swam there before...how strong a current is it? I'm new to bc triathlon and excited for this event!
2016-03-02 5:54 PM
in reply to: LollyR

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
Originally posted by LollyR

I'm signed up too. I have never swam there before...how strong a current is it? I'm new to bc triathlon and excited for this event!

TThere isn't much of a current at all in Coal Harbour. It's fairly protected. The only downside is that because there is no current, the water kind of just sits there.

Jericho beach on the other hand for iron girl I August will have a much stronger current. The run on this event will be nice because the trees will actually provide some shade. Same goes for the ride. Will have to be careful coming down the hill from top of the park. I have a feeling people will be racing through there and there will be crashes if people aren't mindful of the other riders. Should be fun though!
2016-05-02 10:10 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Port Moody, BC
and there will be crashes if people aren't mindful of the other riders. Should be fun though!

The crashes or the race in general?

Edited by hazmaster 2016-05-02 10:11 PM

2016-05-04 11:46 AM
in reply to: hazmaster

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
Ahhh, I've got some injury on top of my right foot! I'm hoping not a stress fracture. Eeeeeek.

I might have to switch to the aqua bike, but I will be there! It's kinda nice they have an aqua bike option for those with running injuries. Penticton has this option this year, which is awesome. I hope to sign up for that race next year if the work schedule allows!

Heading to Sasamat lake soon to start some outdoor swims. Possibly this weekend Has anyone been yet? I feel so slow right now in the pool. I'm going to have to look at some swim clinics if i want to get faster.

Happy Training guys.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Subaru 5150 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Subaru Western Series

Started by ibrack
Views: 1295 Posts: 2

2012-03-12 8:46 PM SmBkRn450

Subaru Western series

Started by SmBkRn450
Views: 1571 Posts: 8

2011-05-12 3:49 PM ostmpfl

Subaru Vancouver Tri July 4th-Wetsuit or Not?

Started by tinpusher
Views: 937 Posts: 3

2010-03-17 1:58 PM Ronin

Subaru Half IM & Sprint Sept. 14th

Started by SmBkRn450
Views: 1497 Posts: 22

2008-09-18 3:47 PM hazmaster

Subaru Ironman Series on TV tonight

Started by meepx2
Views: 1131 Posts: 6

2008-06-05 11:46 PM hazmaster