of 3

2016-03-18 10:22 AM
in reply to: gsmacleod

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: OTC drugs during race?
Originally posted by gsmacleod

Originally posted by 3mar

I looked up every variation I could find listed as D3 and none showed up on the banned substance list. So if it's not banned, and he sees improvement (could be placebo, maybe he is deficient, whatever) then I don't see an issue.

That being said, the willingness to cheat though...that I just don't get. He is saying that he believes it is cheating (even if it doesn't appear to be) and knowingly does it anyway. What's the point in that? That's just lame. If you're going to cheat your way there, just take a flight to Kona, hang around and get your picture taken at the Ironman village and tell everyone you made it. I'm sure you could find a place on the internet to buy a finishers medal. Same result. If you cheat to get there, then you didn't get there. Period.

Yeah - they doubled down - so now I'm left at this point:

Shane

This reminds me of the one year I ran track in high school. I was terrible and ran with the slowest of the slow kids (and I was the slowest among them). There were four of us and the other three were only in track because they had to (parents). The coach had us train together because we couldn't keep up with the rest of the team. Anyway, he had us do a loop around the block near the school and while the other kids would do longer loops but end up at the same point. Every day, these kids would "cheat" by (what they thought) was cutting the course. I didn't partake for two reasons; 1 I don't like cheating and 2 well...I knew geometry, and apparently they didn't. See below. haha

(Capture.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Capture.JPG (18KB - 16 downloads)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OTC drugs during race? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

OTC Orthotic Inserts in running shoes

Started by Swimbikeron
Views: 2196 Posts: 7

2013-03-27 8:58 AM Jtiger

Race nutrition (night before/day of/during race)

Started by rjrankin83
Views: 1100 Posts: 11

2012-06-22 3:16 PM rjrankin83

training and racing without enough sleep / sleeping during races

Started by BigDH
Views: 1502 Posts: 7

2012-04-28 6:42 PM billgeist

Pre-Race and During the race nutrition

Started by bmjehle
Views: 2269 Posts: 9

2010-08-11 3:49 PM Nipper

Not racing during a race

Started by mnewton
Views: 999 Posts: 10

2006-02-01 10:24 AM Nakima
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters

date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique
date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m

date : January 20, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Feeling bloated during training and racing is a common concern with endurance sports like triathlon. More salt or more water? Read more!
date : March 14, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Part two covers protein after workouts, caffeine usage during racing, the reason for muscle fatigue and general nutrition guidelines.

date : April 5, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on training for a 5k open water swim, Ironman race swim placement, hammering on the swim during a race, TI swimming, importance of kick sets and rotation.
date : July 11, 2007
Recent studies have demonstrated that moderate to mild levels of caffeine (less than 300mg) do not promote dehydration during exercise.

date : May 16, 2005
comments : 0
Could these fevers be related to my training and increased fatigue? Is there anything I can do to help prevent future occurrences? Or could it just be allergies combined with increased fatigue?