General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Colorado Early Season Open Water Swim Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-15 3:24 PM

Centennial, Colorado
Subject: Colorado Early Season Open Water Swim
I am doing my first full distance at the HITS race in Grand Junction this May. I am looking to get some open water practice in before the event. My sighting needs work and I tend to zig-zag around during the swim. I see the ponds at Chatfield open May 1st for swimming with Colorado Masters. I also see that the scuba beach at Aurora opens April 1st. Has anyone swam at Aurora this early? Are there any other open water options this early in the year?

2016-03-16 5:43 PM
in reply to: Wrightjoseph

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Subject: RE: Colorado Early Season Open Water Swim

I haven't swam at Aurora that early but I can tell you that even in July it's one of the chillier reservoirs.  I would bet the water is in the 50s in early April.

2016-06-04 7:37 AM
in reply to: Wrightjoseph

User image

I know this thread is a bit dated, but on the topic of open water swimming.  COMSA released this on Chatfield a few weeks ago.  Open Water at Chatfield Has anyone heard how it's actually going at Chatfield?  Are they getting enough volunteers?

2016-06-06 11:47 AM
in reply to: soares3711

User image

Veteran
Denver area
I swam there on Saturday without any issues. I do suggest checking the volunteer schedule before you head out there, just to make sure the slots got filled and the swim is still going.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Colorado Early Season Open Water Swim Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Early Open Water Swim Practice

Started by PAtriman
Views: 2118 Posts: 9

2013-05-02 4:14 PM tangobravo

Options for Open Water Swimming

Started by moneyman
Views: 918 Posts: 4

2007-02-23 5:02 PM moneyman

Open Water Swim Clinic at Aurora Rez

Started by workoutbunny
Views: 879 Posts: 4

2006-07-06 9:50 PM Pearl Dad

Open Water Swimming???

Started by velocomp
Views: 2156 Posts: 10

2006-06-14 7:04 AM velocomp

BT-CO open water swim (LATE)

Started by joeinco
Views: 851 Posts: 2

2005-07-19 9:04 AM COgirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.