Other Resources The Political Joe » What lives matter? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-15 11:01 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: What lives matter?

So I've been thinking about Trump's appeal.  It's kind of funny, because in a normal election year I don't think the guy could carry a bottle of water, but here we are....he's a virtual lock to win the GOP nomination, and maybe, god help us, the Presidency. 

People are pissed.....don't underestimate that.  They are sick of the protests, the constant finger pointing, being called racists, etc.    To be more clear, since I've already said that this election seems to have a racial overtone to it....it's white people who are pissed...and they are giving the proverbial finger by voting for Trump.   I think they have it a bit wrong..

Black Lives Matter....I've lived the protests the past 2 years.  At times it's maddening to listen to, but of course they matter.  The common retort is that All Lives Matter, or Cops Lives Matter, or even White Lives Matter.  The BLM leaders say that they aren't saying other lives don't matter, so the All Lives Matter response is a matter of not understanding what BLM means.  I think they have it a bit wrong too.

You know what movement I'd like to see?

ALL LIVES DO NOT MATTER!

That includes all black lives, white lives, indian lives, mexican lives, muslim lives, gay lives, trans lives.....and on and on.  They don't all matter.  Some of them are not worth a damn and don't matter at all..... and if they end who gives a crap?  I'm trying to figure out why we can't ALL get behind that?  If you hurt other people, or use violence to get your way, then your life does NOT matter.  Go to hell.  I don't care if you get killed or put in prison.....and I'll gladly help...who wouldn't?

And what difference could it possibly make what flavor of life they are?  There are people across the spectrum who's lives simply do not matter.....and we'd all be better off without them.  Here's an idea.......don't be that person if you want your life to matter.  Otherwise, shut up and quit defending EVERYBODY.  Some people simply don't deserve defending.....it has nothing to do with flavor....it has everything to do with how they treat their fellow man, their humanity.

The hatred of people who are just living their lives and not trying to hurt others has to stop.......and that's how you stop a guy like Trump.....because he's playing all of us.  Yes, it's racially charged.....that's what happens when you lump individuals with the worst of any group....you lose the best voices.

THOSE are the lives that matter.

/rant

Edited by Left Brain 2016-03-15 11:19 PM

2016-03-16 10:49 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: What lives matter?

You know I'm not excited for any candidate.  I am going to write in Left Brain in November. 

2016-03-16 4:53 PM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Pro
Tejas
Why do you hate live? s
2016-03-16 5:03 PM

User image

You mean like Trevon, here in Florida

2016-03-16 6:23 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

right brains matter too

2016-03-16 10:06 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
No lives vs Hillary, I vote No Lives

2016-03-17 4:12 PM

User image

Elite
LB, I liked this post...with the exception of lumping Trump into it at the end.
Trump's "playin" aint 1% as influential as what you are seeing from the media.
They've been consistently terrible at hyping the wrong statistics.
They've been unfair to law enforcement at just about every turn.

2016-03-17 4:47 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy LB, I liked this post...with the exception of lumping Trump into it at the end. Trump's "playin" aint 1% as influential as what you are seeing from the media. They've been consistently terrible at hyping the wrong statistics. They've been unfair to law enforcement at just about every turn.

Forget the media......they're idiots and you and I (and our peer groups) know it.  The protest movement is 100% social media fueled......believe it.  It's like taking the stupid crap that the media hypes and putting it into a blender, then running it on high, then taking what comes out as the gospel truth.....then that mix gets rolling on social media and in another 24-36 hours it doesn't resemble anything that comes close to reality.......but IT IS.  It becomes it's own reality.....scary really. 

Trump knows this....and he uses it.  The problem is, it attracts giant morons from all walks of life who are pissed off by half truths and outright lies that they see on their phones via twitter, FB, etc.

I wouldn't have included Trump, because you are right, he's not the issue...........but for a lot of really stupid people he represents all that is wrong in the eyes of the movements like BLM, and all that is right in the eyes of fringe groups like the KKK, white aryan nation, etc.  It's a very toxic mix because it's based on hatred, from BOTH sides, and fueled on half-truths. (I purposely leave out the folks who support Trump for his stand on actual issues like economics, immigration, etc.)

I'll say it again......the polarization that Trump represents is mostly race based......as misguided as that is.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-03-17 4:50 PM
2016-03-18 3:09 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy LB, I liked this post...with the exception of lumping Trump into it at the end. Trump's "playin" aint 1% as influential as what you are seeing from the media. They've been consistently terrible at hyping the wrong statistics. They've been unfair to law enforcement at just about every turn.

Forget the media......they're idiots and you and I (and our peer groups) know it.  The protest movement is 100% social media fueled......believe it.  It's like taking the stupid crap that the media hypes and putting it into a blender, then running it on high, then taking what comes out as the gospel truth.....then that mix gets rolling on social media and in another 24-36 hours it doesn't resemble anything that comes close to reality.......but IT IS.  It becomes it's own reality.....scary really. 

Trump knows this....and he uses it.  The problem is, it attracts giant morons from all walks of life who are pissed off by half truths and outright lies that they see on their phones via twitter, FB, etc.

I wouldn't have included Trump, because you are right, he's not the issue...........but for a lot of really stupid people he represents all that is wrong in the eyes of the movements like BLM, and all that is right in the eyes of fringe groups like the KKK, white aryan nation, etc.  It's a very toxic mix because it's based on hatred, from BOTH sides, and fueled on half-truths. (I purposely leave out the folks who support Trump for his stand on actual issues like economics, immigration, etc.)

I'll say it again......the polarization that Trump represents is mostly race based......as misguided as that is.

I definitely can't argue with you there as far as the media/social media's portrayal...but I still believe a vast majority of GOP voters are just fed up with the establishment, hence the success of a guy IN the establishment who is hated by the establishment (Cruz) and an outsider (Trump).
As we all know, there are racists on both sides of the political divide. I try to view the glass as half-full as I think racists are a dying breed and just a small portion of the pie out there.

That said, it is that season again...as President Obama correctly described it, "silly season." The ultimate nominees will be villified by the other side to the nth degree. It's the same as it's always been. Politics. It's a filthy game...I am always amazed people decide to get into this line of work.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » What lives matter? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Affordable Care Act LIVES!!!

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 645 Posts: 3

2015-06-28 3:47 PM tuwood

Just when you think life can't get any worse

Started by BrianRunsPhilly
Views: 1037 Posts: 3

2013-08-16 10:17 AM Pector55
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 16, 2014
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Work ethic has a lot to do with how far you can take your talents. The best athlete doesn’t always win, but the best athlete who works the hardest, usually does.

date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!
date : July 10, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Eating To Win, Eating To Live. A collection of heart-healthy recipes that fuels Ironman training. Also some pre-race thoughts before Ironman Coeur d’Alene.

date : September 4, 2005
author : Michael
comments : 5
But just when I was beginning to think that life is consumed by only darkness, just out of my sight, there it was...A glimmer of light.
date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.

date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
“Too bad there’s not anything like this for triathletes.” There are a million books and articles on how to train. One of the toughest parts of triathlon training is how to fit them into everyday life.
date : April 17, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 5
I was humbled last year. My body shut down on me just before two World Championship events. I was originally in top form to medal in both, but my strength was sapped from me.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Sometimes life just isn’t fair! We all have situations come up from time to time that test our dedication to triathlon training.