General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! New here! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-23 7:24 AM

Subject: Hello! New here!
Hi all, I am entering my 3 season of triathlons and stepping it up this year! I Started training for my first sprint triathlon in the spring of 2014 and completed the sprint tri that September. Last summer, I completed 2 more sprint tris (these were ocean swims this time). This year I actually won (I have no idea how, I never win anything!!) a free entry to the 1/2 Ironman in Atlantic City in September, so I'm committed to doing that now, and actually pretty excited to train for that now! So while I'm not entirely new to triathlons, I am definitely going to be a newbie to a 1/2 IM. I've also registered myself for an Olympic tri 6 weeks before the 1/2IM, as a little pre-race race to prep. I took a beginner's masters swim class for the past 8 weeks, and have just graduated up to the masters swim class. Swimming is by far my biggest weakness. I've also had a torn tendon in my foot (3 years ago while doing my last long training training run before marathon, hence my switch to triathlons because recovering from that foot injury required less running but still staying active), so while I can run for long distances and at a decent pace, it tends to get painful. Generally I'm here for advice and support and to talk with others also in training since I don't have a training buddy in real life!

2016-03-24 9:40 AM
in reply to: SikkiMith

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Hello! New here!

Welcome, and congrats on the entry to the 1/2 at AC!  I've race the Olympic at AC a few times and it is a fun time.  Good luck with your training and keep that foot healthy!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! New here! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hello. New to tri's and loving it

Started by dkbikes4life
Views: 706 Posts: 4

2012-04-13 11:50 AM yarislab

Hello! New here

Started by Sharyn5
Views: 1029 Posts: 9

2010-03-12 6:19 PM Sharyn5

Hello! New and hooked

Started by MizzouTiger
Views: 543 Posts: 2

2009-05-14 7:05 AM Bearintheair2000

Hello; New Guy from Staunton VA

Started by verga
Views: 854 Posts: 5

2009-05-05 2:50 PM shenvalleybiker

Hello! New to the Tri World...

Started by sacco
Views: 1180 Posts: 8

2004-04-02 1:40 PM montyb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.