Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost in thought... The long run. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-05-10 11:18 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Lost in thought... The long run.
I feel like I have no problem entertaining my mind during the run (with plenty of what you guys described).
My problem is with longer swims: what do you think about during 30 minutes of swim that feels longer than two hours long run??
I once tried to do some math problems, and my form completely broke... So no more intellectual stuff. But it really makes me wonder about others' thoughts.

2016-05-10 11:32 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by marysia83 I feel like I have no problem entertaining my mind during the run (with plenty of what you guys described). My problem is with longer swims: what do you think about during 30 minutes of swim that feels longer than two hours long run?? I once tried to do some math problems, and my form completely broke... So no more intellectual stuff. But it really makes me wonder about others' thoughts.

In the pool, for me, it was (I haven't been in the pool in over a year) a combination of lap count and paying attention to form. Sometimes my lap count would be in the form of alphabet and I would use that to pray for people who's names started with those letters

2016-05-10 11:42 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by marysia83 I feel like I have no problem entertaining my mind during the run (with plenty of what you guys described). My problem is with longer swims: what do you think about during 30 minutes of swim that feels longer than two hours long run?? I once tried to do some math problems, and my form completely broke... So no more intellectual stuff. But it really makes me wonder about others' thoughts.

In the pool, for me, it was (I haven't been in the pool in over a year) a combination of lap count and paying attention to form. Sometimes my lap count would be in the form of alphabet and I would use that to pray for people who's names started with those letters

Omg that's a great idea! I am freaking out I will get lost in lap counting in my upcoming tri (they said we'll have to count our own laps, ugh...). I'm gonna do the letters and names )))
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost in thought... The long run. Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

I thought I was losing my mind

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 1166 Posts: 12

2011-05-15 8:02 PM the bear

I think I just lost my scooter mojo...

Started by cthoops
Views: 661 Posts: 8

2009-09-02 9:33 AM Pector55

I think I lost me wedding ring. Pages: 1 2

Started by graceful_dave
Views: 2005 Posts: 30

2009-05-12 8:39 PM Spanner

"Long" lost brother

Started by Kupe du Monde
Views: 550 Posts: 7

2007-03-15 10:20 PM surfwallace

What do you think of on long runs? Pages: 1 2

Started by runningwoof
Views: 2567 Posts: 50

2006-12-05 10:00 PM Det
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Why it’s so hard for us to talk about losing at a simple game? Sports are supposed to be about building positive character, supposed to be about fairness, equality, and striving for excellence.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : June 11, 2007
author : Total Immersion
comments : 3
Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussion on the walk/run technique, run injury and cadence, barefoot running, staying aero on long climbs and HIM preparation
date : September 3, 2006
author : AMSSM
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 2
My main concern is obviously the running but my priority is weight loss. I really need any advice on how to get ready.
date : March 5, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.

date : October 2, 2005
author : acbadger
I recognize that my 45 minute jog Wednesday night does not really count as a ”long” run, but for me it was! Yesterday I felt fine…but man, today the legs are SORE.