BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 98

2016-04-25 11:29 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux

Originally posted by juniperjen

Originally posted by DaveL
Originally posted by StaceyK Ah teenage jobs. What's the worse one you ever had? Mine was working Sundays at the local burger joint. Not a bad job on the whole but scraping lettuce and other food off the ceiling after kids parties wasn't fun. And dealing with the guys who had been drinking all day at the bar over the road was interesting. It taught me some good lessons.
Haying at a farm - essentially its lifting heavy hay bales onto a wagon, hot days and you have to wear long sleeves and pants to protect your skin which scratches you up anyways. After seriously sucking wind all day I discovered that my arms were bright red and pocked everywhere. I am, as it turns out, very allergic to hay and have allergy induced asthma. That eneded my career in farming. Race report for Paris to Ancaster offroad race is up http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

My DH is also quite allergic to hay - and found out while haying. I grew up in a rural area but thankfully never got to experience that. :D 

I had a few jobs - other than babysitting I worked at a family friend's dog/pet grooming/boarding business. I got to clean up a lot of poo. But i also got to play with fun puppies. One summer there was even a litter of adorable lab puppies that i got to take care of. They can be gross but soooo cute!

I also worked at a convenience store for several years. I can still make change like a pro. It was good work but there were definitely annoying things about it. Like when there hadn't been a customer for hours and then a whole bunch come in right before close. 

But in university i worked at a paintball factory for a summer on the continental shift rotation. It is not as cool as it sounds. I inspected, sorted and packed paintballs for 12-hour shifts wearing workboots, a hairnet and paper lab coat. I was constantly in trouble for not getting enough done. (because I actually looked at the paintballs instead of passing them all, sigh). One night i was on packaging all night and all i saw when i got home was bags of paintballs coming off a conveyor. 

good memories ... 

Am I the only one old enough to hear the Green Acres theme song with all of this talk about being allergic to hay?

2016-04-25 11:45 AM
in reply to: tomsimper

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by tomsimper I am struggling to get my HR up on the bike and wanted to know if this is due to the way I am riding as had no issue on the turbo trainer? I go in a gear where I can feel enough resistance when peddling but cadence isn't probably that high but can certainly feel it in my legs. Should I be looking at dropping a few gears so I can spin the pedals quicker to make it more efficient. Also what is the best way to get quicker on the bike, a friend who rides a lot says head for the hills, which is ok as I have plenty near me or as I am new to riding is it better to just get miles in the legs?

Often a quicker cadence is recommended over heavily pushing the pedals slowly, or mashing, because it helps keep the legs fresher and able to ride longer more comfortably, but each person is different and some people don't feel the same fatigue mashing as others do.  Quick spinning engages different muscles than hard, slow mashing. 

And yup, as TJ said, hills are a great natural challenge and they should get your HR up!

2016-04-25 11:46 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by StaceyK Ah teenage jobs. What's the worse one you ever had? Mine was working Sundays at the local burger joint. Not a bad job on the whole but scraping lettuce and other food off the ceiling after kids parties wasn't fun. And dealing with the guys who had been drinking all day at the bar over the road was interesting. It taught me some good lessons.
Haying at a farm - essentially its lifting heavy hay bales onto a wagon, hot days and you have to wear long sleeves and pants to protect your skin which scratches you up anyways. After seriously sucking wind all day I discovered that my arms were bright red and pocked everywhere. I am, as it turns out, very allergic to hay and have allergy induced asthma. That eneded my career in farming. Race report for Paris to Ancaster offroad race is up http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

My DH is also quite allergic to hay - and found out while haying. I grew up in a rural area but thankfully never got to experience that. :D 

I had a few jobs - other than babysitting I worked at a family friend's dog/pet grooming/boarding business. I got to clean up a lot of poo. But i also got to play with fun puppies. One summer there was even a litter of adorable lab puppies that i got to take care of. They can be gross but soooo cute!

I also worked at a convenience store for several years. I can still make change like a pro. It was good work but there were definitely annoying things about it. Like when there hadn't been a customer for hours and then a whole bunch come in right before close. 

But in university i worked at a paintball factory for a summer on the continental shift rotation. It is not as cool as it sounds. I inspected, sorted and packed paintballs for 12-hour shifts wearing workboots, a hairnet and paper lab coat. I was constantly in trouble for not getting enough done. (because I actually looked at the paintballs instead of passing them all, sigh). One night i was on packaging all night and all i saw when i got home was bags of paintballs coming off a conveyor. 

good memories ... 

Am I the only one old enough to hear the Green Acres theme song with all of this talk about being allergic to hay?

oh now that's good!!  And also bad because it's stuck in my head...

2016-04-25 12:01 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

Some of you may know I've been struggling with seat (and to a lesser degree bike) comfort on my tri bike, Rico, ever since bought him in 2013.  I've been fit by 3 different people with limited to no success.  This past Saturday I had fit #4 with person #4.  I confess I didn't have a ton of confidence going into the fit because I had no success with the others, so what is guy #4 going to do that is different from what they tried?  Well, it turns out the answer is: A LOT!

It is a Body Geometry fit and we took a little over 2 hours on Sat. but didn't finish, mainly because he needed to order a new seat (no surprise) and recommended a new base bar which I agreed to, which also needed ordered.  (I'm also ordering a new brain bucket that has nothing to do with the fitting).  It turns out I have all sorts of physical limitations/issues that make fitting me very challenging.  In short, I think it really means I'm a freak of nature, not necessarily in a good way!  

I'd go in to listing all my challenging problem areas but I don't think anyone has that much time.  Instead, I'll share the one that at the time surprised me the most, but then made about 50 light bulbs go on with 'a ha' moments that explain a lot: my right leg is considerably longer than my left.  This causes a whole host of issues that totally make sense both with regard to bike fit and also in my 'normal' life.  Along with my other myriad issues, he asked me how I even rode the bike as long as I did. Thursday we'll hopefully finish things up, but I sense with all my 'issues' it make take a few more visits to get things dialed in.

My optimism has grown considerably that he can get me comfortable on my bike!  One other possibility that we are going to try to avoid is I may be on the wrong sized bike.  He's going to try to make Rico work for me but I may need a smaller bike.  I'm right at the border, apparently, for tri bike sizes.  I'd rather not have to replace Rico.

2016-04-25 12:13 PM
in reply to: tomsimper

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by tomsimper

I am struggling to get my HR up on the bike and wanted to know if this is due to the way I am riding as had no issue on the turbo trainer? I go in a gear where I can feel enough resistance when peddling but cadence isn't probably that high but can certainly feel it in my legs. Should I be looking at dropping a few gears so I can spin the pedals quicker to make it more efficient. Also what is the best way to get quicker on the bike, a friend who rides a lot says head for the hills, which is ok as I have plenty near me or as I am new to riding is it better to just get miles in the legs?

This is most likely rule #5 at play here, but also your bike fitness probably just isn't there. Heading for the hills is a good idea because you can't make them easy.
2016-04-25 12:16 PM
in reply to: DaveL

User image

Seattle

Daaang, I've heard it referred to as bucking hay and I've done it. That is some HARD work 

2016-04-25 12:18 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

I had a really, really good race over the weekend. I was incredibly happy with the effort. Also, a coworker came with me and did the 5K AND it was at a renewable energy facility (wind and solar) which I was able to totally nerd out on. I will try and get a report written up here soon. 

2016-04-25 12:18 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

Some of you may know I've been struggling with seat (and to a lesser degree bike) comfort on my tri bike, Rico, ever since bought him in 2013.  I've been fit by 3 different people with limited to no success.  This past Saturday I had fit #4 with person #4.  I confess I didn't have a ton of confidence going into the fit because I had no success with the others, so what is guy #4 going to do that is different from what they tried?  Well, it turns out the answer is: A LOT!

It is a Body Geometry fit and we took a little over 2 hours on Sat. but didn't finish, mainly because he needed to order a new seat (no surprise) and recommended a new base bar which I agreed to, which also needed ordered.  (I'm also ordering a new brain bucket that has nothing to do with the fitting).  It turns out I have all sorts of physical limitations/issues that make fitting me very challenging.  In short, I think it really means I'm a freak of nature, not necessarily in a good way!  

I'd go in to listing all my challenging problem areas but I don't think anyone has that much time.  Instead, I'll share the one that at the time surprised me the most, but then made about 50 light bulbs go on with 'a ha' moments that explain a lot: my right leg is considerably longer than my left.  This causes a whole host of issues that totally make sense both with regard to bike fit and also in my 'normal' life.  Along with my other myriad issues, he asked me how I even rode the bike as long as I did. Thursday we'll hopefully finish things up, but I sense with all my 'issues' it make take a few more visits to get things dialed in.

My optimism has grown considerably that he can get me comfortable on my bike!  One other possibility that we are going to try to avoid is I may be on the wrong sized bike.  He's going to try to make Rico work for me but I may need a smaller bike.  I'm right at the border, apparently, for tri bike sizes.  I'd rather not have to replace Rico.

We love you just the way you are

My chiro found that I have a similar issue. I have a lift I'm supposed to wear in one shoe but...

I got a new brain bucket over the weekend. Because the purple one for Fi doesn't match the new, still unnamed, ride. Her brand name is Ruby, but she's blue so that won't work.

2016-04-25 12:23 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
BREAKING NEWS! SABOTAGE!!!!

Seriously I cant believe it. When I came to the bottle neck and downed trees I figured it was due to a wind storm and perhaps the organizers left them there just to be more "authentic" Turns out Nope -disgruntled neighbours.

crazy!

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6512174-saboteur-tries-to-block...

An otherwise spectacular day of racing was marred by an act of sabotage at Sunday's Paris to Ancaster race.

A section of the course near the small community of Harrisburg was partly blocked by trees that appear to have been intentionally cut down and pushed onto the rail trail. The obstacles created a backup of riders as they were forced to dismount and push their bikes up, over and through the logs and branches.

Race organizer John Thorpe said that section of the route was surveyed on Saturday afternoon and was clear of obstruction, but the trees were down by the time the first group of racers arrived Sunday morning. The cuts to the tree trunks were straight and clean, consistent with a chainsaw.

"Somebody went in and sabotaged it," Thorpe said. "It's a real concern because it's a safety issue. It's frustrating."

Alan Lo came in from Collingwood to compete with his friend Audrey Stukas in the tandem division but the pair saw their hopes for a podium finish dashed by the traffic jam that cost them almost 30 minutes.

"We didn't know was going on. There was a long lineup and we were pretty upset by the delay," he said. "But when we got there, you could see what had happened. They seem to hate us, I don't know why — we only use the trail one day out of the year."

The course causes delays for some motorists, and the more than 2,500 cyclists who take part do dominate the trails on race day. But Thorpe says that after 23 years and counting, most people in the area are used to it.

"The community of Harrisburg has been great, it's just one or two individuals who don't like us very much," Thorpe said. "We have over 20 private landowners that we have a great working relationship with — they all enjoy the race."

The rest of the day's events were an unqualified success. The 70-kilometre race was won by 17-year-old amateur phenom Gunnar Holmgren of Orillia, who outduelled professional rider and 2014 champion Anthony Clark on the final climb for the win.

Clark, who rides for Squid Bikes in the United States, also finished second in 2015. He took the defeat in stride.

"I love this race thank you for always letting me be a part of this race it's amazing," he tweeted. "Canada rules."

Ellen Noble of Aspire Racing took the women's event, defeating last year's champion, Ellen Van Loy, by more than six minutes.

The 70-kilometre and 40-kilometre versions of the race were completely sold out, and Thorpe said the newly added 20-kilometre route was well received and is here to stay.

"The 20-kilometre was fantastic, people had a ton of fun doing it. I think it's going to be a growth area for us."

Going forward, Thorpe says, organizers will check potential trouble spots along the course the morning of the race, and he plans to talk to police about what more can be done.

Lo said the delay may have cost his team a medal — they finished fourth in the tandem category — but he'll be back again next year.

"It was still a good day. The weather was perfect and we rode up the big finishing hill on a tandem. So that was pretty cool."

Has anyone ever run into this sort of stuff before?

Edited by DaveL 2016-04-25 12:43 PM
2016-04-25 12:24 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by JBacarella
Originally posted by CRFTX2001 It's finally the weekend! I've been really busy with school projects and tests and homework all week. But it was all worth it because.....Today is my 15th birthday! To celebrate, I rode my bike for three hours . Here's the race report: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... Tonight I'm going to dinner with my family then coming home and opening gifts. Also, I applied to my first job yesterday! I want to work at a local bike shop that I go to for all of my cycling needs. I'm assuming they hire minors because one option on the application sheet section for education was a high school student. I'm hoping all goes well, but I won't be surprised if I'm turned down.
Happy Birthday Conner! It's good to see another April Birthday. I'm just a few days older I turned 15+35 on Thursday haha. Congratulations of applying for your first job and good luck. You will never get a job if you don't apply, it's important to put yourself out there, like you did. My son, who really is 15, is looking for a Summer job too. Last year he worked as the Big Boy bus boy and it was a living Hell. I think he will end up scooping ice cream, this year.
Ah teenage jobs. What's the worse one you ever had? Mine was working Sundays at the local burger joint. Not a bad job on the whole but scraping lettuce and other food off the ceiling after kids parties wasn't fun. And dealing with the guys who had been drinking all day at the bar over the road was interesting. It taught me some good lessons.

i had 2 jobs in high school ( besides babysitting) and they both were bad in their own way, so I don't know that I can pick one as the worse.  The first was working at my friend's family sink packing/ shipping company.  We'd go there after school a couple days a week and weekends and spend a few hours in the unair conditioned ( remember I live in Florida) warehouse where we'd uncrate sinks and then box them individually, so they'd could be shipped to retail stores. Sliding those MFers into the box was not fun - if you weren't deft enough the edge of the sink would cut up your fingers!! The could part was we were on own own, created our own work schedule and quota and could crank the music

The second job was at a fast food restaurant called Irvings for Red Hot Lovers.  Red hots are Chicago style hotdogs. You can imagine the comments I received walking around in a shirts with a picture of a hot dog and the name of the store

Dear lord, gonna have to keep that tidbit in my back pocket! 

2016-04-25 12:32 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by DaveL BREAKING NEWS! SABOTAGE!!!! Seriously I cant believe it. When I came to the bottle neck and downed trees I figured it was due to a wind storm and perhaps the organizers left them there just to be more "authentic" Turns out Nope -disgruntled neighbours. crazy! http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6512174-saboteur-tries-to-block... Has anyone ever run into this sort of stuff before?

Wow, NOT COOL and quite dangerous!  Never experienced it personally but heard other anecdotal stories about race course or trail sabotage.  

Unrelated note: I mentally am having trouble with the name of the race, the Ancaster part.  I live near Lancaster, PA, and my brain keeps wanting to put an 'L' in front of the town in your race.  Interesting, there's also a Harrisburg near my Lancaster...

2016-04-25 12:33 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by DaveL BREAKING NEWS! SABOTAGE!!!! Seriously I cant believe it. When I came to the bottle neck and downed trees I figured it was due to a wind storm and perhaps the organizers left them there just to be more "authentic" Turns out Nope -disgruntled neighbours. crazy! http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6512174-saboteur-tries-to-block... Has anyone ever run into this sort of stuff before?

bums me out

2016-04-25 12:34 PM

User image

Seattle

Yanti, so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I was just thinkin' of you btw. I was watching this surfing documentary set in Indonesia.

Oh BTW, I'll be headed to Asia next week! Beijing->Hong Kong -> Singapore -> Thailand -> UAE

Edited by Asalzwed 2016-04-25 12:36 PM
2016-04-25 12:37 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

We love you just the way you are

My chiro found that I have a similar issue. I have a lift I'm supposed to wear in one shoe but...

I got a new brain bucket over the weekend. Because the purple one for Fi doesn't match the new, still unnamed, ride. Her brand name is Ruby, but she's blue so that won't work.

More twin proof!

The new bike needs a name!  I love how you are matching your helmets to your bikes!  I almost did with the new one I ordered, but I'm just not that much of a red person. Rico is red, grey and white but I've always worn yellow helmets.  I kind of wanted to order a red one to match him, but couldn't quite do it.  New one is mainly white with yellowish-green, more my style.

2016-04-25 12:44 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by DaveL BREAKING NEWS! SABOTAGE!!!! Seriously I cant believe it. When I came to the bottle neck and downed trees I figured it was due to a wind storm and perhaps the organizers left them there just to be more "authentic" Turns out Nope -disgruntled neighbours. crazy! http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6512174-saboteur-tries-to-block... An otherwise spectacular day of racing was marred by an act of sabotage at Sunday's Paris to Ancaster race. A section of the course near the small community of Harrisburg was partly blocked by trees that appear to have been intentionally cut down and pushed onto the rail trail. The obstacles created a backup of riders as they were forced to dismount and push their bikes up, over and through the logs and branches. Race organizer John Thorpe said that section of the route was surveyed on Saturday afternoon and was clear of obstruction, but the trees were down by the time the first group of racers arrived Sunday morning. The cuts to the tree trunks were straight and clean, consistent with a chainsaw. "Somebody went in and sabotaged it," Thorpe said. "It's a real concern because it's a safety issue. It's frustrating." Alan Lo came in from Collingwood to compete with his friend Audrey Stukas in the tandem division but the pair saw their hopes for a podium finish dashed by the traffic jam that cost them almost 30 minutes. "We didn't know was going on. There was a long lineup and we were pretty upset by the delay," he said. "But when we got there, you could see what had happened. They seem to hate us, I don't know why — we only use the trail one day out of the year." The course causes delays for some motorists, and the more than 2,500 cyclists who take part do dominate the trails on race day. But Thorpe says that after 23 years and counting, most people in the area are used to it. "The community of Harrisburg has been great, it's just one or two individuals who don't like us very much," Thorpe said. "We have over 20 private landowners that we have a great working relationship with — they all enjoy the race." The rest of the day's events were an unqualified success. The 70-kilometre race was won by 17-year-old amateur phenom Gunnar Holmgren of Orillia, who outduelled professional rider and 2014 champion Anthony Clark on the final climb for the win. Clark, who rides for Squid Bikes in the United States, also finished second in 2015. He took the defeat in stride. "I love this race thank you for always letting me be a part of this race it's amazing," he tweeted. "Canada rules." Ellen Noble of Aspire Racing took the women's event, defeating last year's champion, Ellen Van Loy, by more than six minutes. The 70-kilometre and 40-kilometre versions of the race were completely sold out, and Thorpe said the newly added 20-kilometre route was well received and is here to stay. "The 20-kilometre was fantastic, people had a ton of fun doing it. I think it's going to be a growth area for us." Going forward, Thorpe says, organizers will check potential trouble spots along the course the morning of the race, and he plans to talk to police about what more can be done. Lo said the delay may have cost his team a medal — they finished fourth in the tandem category — but he'll be back again next year. "It was still a good day. The weather was perfect and we rode up the big finishing hill on a tandem. So that was pretty cool." Has anyone ever run into this sort of stuff before?

Wow, that's messed up! What is WRONG with people these days?!

2016-04-25 12:48 PM

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario

I love how you are matching your helmets to your bikes!  .

I hate to admit it but this did factor into my decision when I got my last bike. My mountain bikes are both red and I have a white, red and black helmet. The new CX bike is black white and red so it all ties in nicely.

2016-04-25 12:57 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

So glad that there seems to be light at the end of your bike fitting tunnel! I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to dump Rico

2016-04-25 12:58 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

good memories ... 

I hadn't, but now ... thanks!

2016-04-25 12:59 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

i had 2 jobs in high school ( besides babysitting) and they both were bad in their own way, so I don't know that I can pick one as the worse.  The first was working at my friend's family sink packing/ shipping company.  We'd go there after school a couple days a week and weekends and spend a few hours in the unair conditioned ( remember I live in Florida) warehouse where we'd uncrate sinks and then box them individually, so they'd could be shipped to retail stores. Sliding those MFers into the box was not fun - if you weren't deft enough the edge of the sink would cut up your fingers!! The could part was we were on own own, created our own work schedule and quota and could crank the music

The second job was at a fast food restaurant called Irvings for Red Hot Lovers.  Red hots are Chicago style hotdogs. You can imagine the comments I received walking around in a shirts with a picture of a hot dog and the name of the store

Haha, thankfully that job was so long ago that I never have to list it on any type of applications  

2016-04-25 1:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Asalzwed

bums me out

Some people can be such idiots! 

2016-04-25 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Haha, thankfully that job was so long ago that I never have to list it on any type of applications  

If you had top secret it would be on there

Edited by rrrunner 2016-04-25 1:21 PM

2016-04-25 1:22 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

good memories ... 

I hadn't, but now ... thanks!

I have one of those brains that comes up with a song lyric for most anything

2016-04-25 1:33 PM

User image

Seattle

And here is my race report

I couldn't wait for official photos and stuff since I may have a busy week. I imagine if they got the finish line photo it's NOT going to be pretty! 

2016-04-25 1:39 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

If you had top secret it would be on there

thank goodness my secret level only extends so far!

2016-04-25 1:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Happy birthday Connor, and good luck with the job!

Best/worst high school and then college job - general laborer (aka, ditch digger) which morphed into pouring and finishing concrete (which, though back breaking, was way more cool).  It certainly beat dancing the pole - not a lot of money in that for me (and the coins hurt when thrown on stage). 

Vandalism of a course is criminal, IMO (or should be).  Bummer to experience that.

Sean - let the taper madness begin (in a week).  Trust your plan.

I actually raced last Friday, rather than just participating.  Held a VERY high HR for me throughout, so I'm happy about mentally still being able to suffer.  Time was OK, too.  Beat my target by a couple minutes and took second in AG (gotta love these SMALL races).  Kim took third in hers. 

My Achilles didn't balk, so I am very, very happy about that. 

Miiiiiiiight even sign up for a tri here at the end of May, but want to try swimming once or twice more first (not sure about ribs just yet).

M

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  

of 98

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 21, 2014
author : Tre_bor
comments : 3
The running aspect of an Ironman triathlon is a marathon. Most people take on a marathon as a single event and the training for this uses up a lot of their time. Here are some tips for the run.

date : December 9, 2013
author : Tre_bor
comments : 7
So you want to become an Ironman?! Are you sure...? It's not a light undertaking. I will attempt to help you make it through without making too many rookie mistakes.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.