General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tight Singlet Suit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-12 2:40 PM

User image

Chicago, Colorado
Subject: Tight Singlet Suit
Hi all,

Former collegiate swimmer, so I'm used to suits being very very tight. I have a Zoot tri suit that I wore for a season and after getting wet, it was pretty loose. I've lost some weight since my last tri and am hoping to get a new suit and have it feel more like a racing swim suit than my Zoot. Any suggestions for a suit that stays tight and is fairly compressive? No long distance in my immediate future so that isn't a concern.

Thanks!

2016-04-12 6:36 PM
in reply to: cjohns716

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Tight Singlet Suit
2XU makes nice compression one-piece suits. Not a former college swimmer in my case, but I did swim on age group and high school teams so understand about the tight suit thing. A loose suit or, worse yet, tri top, flapping around in the water just drives me nuts! I have worn my 2XU suit for all distances from sprint through half-ironman, and it's comfortable (at least for me) for all three events. Sizing runs considerably smaller than Zoot (at least it does for women)--a Zoot small is a bit big for me, but I wear a medium 2XU suit and it fits well.
2016-04-17 3:39 PM
in reply to: cjohns716

User image

Chicago, Colorado
Subject: RE: Tight Singlet Suit
Ok after doing some reading, trying a few suits on, and more reading, I'm strongly considering the Castelli Free San Remo sleeveless or the HUUB DS sleeveless. Full distance is a ways into the future so I'm not overly concerned about sleeves. I'd rather be able to wear the suit under my wetsuit without having to worry about putting anything on in T1.

I've seen some initial concerns about the Castelli not being super durable on account of the very thin fabric on top. Does anyone have any experience with this? It will probably be used for 3-5 races per season, with maybe 2-3 bricks (I can use my old suit for most of the bricks but in the name of "nothing new on race day" i'd like to do the last few before the race with the suit). I can't afford to be buying a $200 suit each season, so hoping to get 3 or more seasons out of whichever suit I choose.

If my concerns about the Castelli can't be alleviated, I've heard great things about the HUUB, including its durability. The issue there is I haven't been able to find a medium for sale anywhere. Would love to hear any thoughts on this suit as well, or any others you feel I should be considering for tight, low stretch, sleeveless suits.

Thanks all!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tight Singlet Suit Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Suit is too tight

Started by slowpokee
Views: 1091 Posts: 4

2013-08-03 7:05 PM peteweb55403

1 piece tri suit vs 2 piece tri shorts and singlet

Started by Patrick33
Views: 3426 Posts: 3

2011-05-07 6:20 PM fowlmood

Wet suit too tight!

Started by xhlb69x
Views: 2634 Posts: 10

2010-08-16 11:27 PM popsracer

Tri suits-How tight should they be?

Started by Meats
Views: 13470 Posts: 10

2010-07-02 1:31 PM huerto

tri suit too tight?

Started by snurf_tri
Views: 3234 Posts: 5

2009-08-01 9:54 PM dbrawders
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Tightness in the calves is a common complaint amongst triathletes and runners. There are many potential causes of this problem and this article will address some treatment options.

date : June 17, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I can run and swim with no problems but when I get on the bike my hamstring starts to tighten up. I had my bike fitted in January and the problem seemed fine until I got out on the roads recently.
date : March 10, 2009
author : t3coach1
Looking to shave some time off and improve your swim efficiency during your races? We review the Rocket Skin Suit by Rocket Science Sports.

date : January 5, 2009
When I was only a runner, I didn't have this issue. But now, going into my third year as a triathlete, my calves and occasionally my Achilles are tight and painful throughout most of my mileage.
date : October 15, 2008
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.

date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 1
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.
date : March 6, 2008
Often pain occurs with the first steps of the day or at the beginning of a run when that tight fascia gets stretched and microtears occur. But pain can also develop with prolonged standing and worsen.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.