General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA - if your tri requires a wrist band, check it! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-12 2:52 PM

User image

Subject: PSA - if your tri requires a wrist band, check it!

Raced Oceanside a couple weeks ago, like all WTC races they give you a wristband with your number on it for ID and more importantly to get your bike out of transition post race.    Checked in, got my wristband and everything else.  Happened on a friend in the expo, asked what my number was and I looked at the wristband to get it... wait.... that doesn't seem right.  My race number was 1962 and the wristband said 1959 (there were several mix ups in this number range).

Went back to check in and got a replacement band (actually they just gave me another one, crossed out the number and wrote in my number with a sharpie, all of which washed off during the race BTW, and had to explain this on leaving transition).  If I had not checked though I might have been screwed trying to get my bike out of transition.  I am sure it would have been resolved, but what a PITA to deal with when you're sweaty and tired.

So check those wristbands because bag stuffers screw up sometimes!

2016-04-12 3:01 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Subject: RE: PSA - if your tri requires a wrist band, check it!

Good catch, I would have missed that completely.  I probably would have questioned them on just crossing it off and using a sharpie because anyone could. 

A mix of this and the body marking thread, I do a small local race every year and usually skip the body marking.  Two years ago I couldn't get out of transition after the race because of it.  I think I had ripped my bike number off also.  It took me a good 20 mins to convince the guy to let me leave with my bike.  I am all for transition security but this is a little race and the transition area is wide open.  In fact like an idiot I was one of the few people who actually walked out the exit.

2016-04-12 3:14 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano

Good catch, I would have missed that completely.  I probably would have questioned them on just crossing it off and using a sharpie because anyone could. 

A mix of this and the body marking thread, I do a small local race every year and usually skip the body marking.  Two years ago I couldn't get out of transition after the race because of it.  I think I had ripped my bike number off also.  It took me a good 20 mins to convince the guy to let me leave with my bike.  I am all for transition security but this is a little race and the transition area is wide open.  In fact like an idiot I was one of the few people who actually walked out the exit.

Yeah, I asked when she did it, "this is not going to be an issue?" because as you said, anyone could do that.   She said no, and I asked for her name so I could drop it if anyone gave me a hassle.   Of course, when checking out of T2 after finding it all smudged off and explaining it I couldn't really remember it and just mumbled some name.  They seemed to take it a little too readily, but I got out of there.

2016-04-12 3:15 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Katy, Texas
You should have checked out what sort of bike 1959 had first.
2016-04-12 3:48 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Originally posted by 3mar You should have checked out what sort of bike 1959 had first.

Good point..   But I love my bike so maybe just taken the wheels  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA - if your tri requires a wrist band, check it! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pewaukee (Wisconsin) Tri Requires Swim Test before Toeing the Line

Started by Swimbikeron
Views: 1891 Posts: 25

2013-07-17 5:44 PM Ridgeway

Time required to transition to Tri bike

Started by Tripilot
Views: 1979 Posts: 16

2012-12-15 8:14 PM rnp70

Wrist pain on new tri bike?

Started by Slobberchops
Views: 2368 Posts: 5

2012-06-19 9:33 AM rdrbme

PSA #1xx - check your pedals

Started by D.Z.
Views: 785 Posts: 9

2009-08-02 9:21 PM Atlas_Shrugged

TRI wrist bands?

Started by CBarnes
Views: 873 Posts: 4

2006-06-13 6:11 PM Tri-It
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 24, 2006
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Wrist Curl-Palm Down strength exercise instruction with picture and video.