General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Get some Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-18 11:54 AM

User image

Subject: Get some
Hello from Jacksonville, FL. I just found this forum, so I figured I would sign up and see what it has to offer. I am active duty Navy and have run the Marine Corps Marathon (2011), Disney World Marathon (2012), and Cox Providence Rhode Island Half Marathon (2012). All three of those were done while I was on shore duty and had the time to train prior to going back to a ship. Four years late, I am back on shore duty and ready to hit the ground running again. My wife and I ran the Disney and the Cox races together and really enjoyed it. This time around, we have signed up to run the Turtle Crawl Sprint Triathlon in May and the HITS Full Ironman in Naples, FL in January. Additionally, I signed up for the Savannah Century ride in September to get a good feel of the distance on my bike before the triathlon in January (I have always been a mountain biker and recently started road biking about 25 miles every Friday morning). Our nutrition is pretty well on point (to include tracking our macros and meal prepping) and we are both fit individuals who already bike, run, swim, and lift every week. Now we just have to push the mileage up over the next 8 months or so. What I am interested to read about on this forum is what other people have done that worked for them (training, equipment (bike trainer or not, etc.), and in race nutrition). Thanks.

2016-04-21 11:25 PM
in reply to: zip04

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Get some
Welcome! Sounds like you have a great fitness background for tri. Lots of great resources here. Given the time gap, might want to look at mixing in an additional race or two between the May and January. An Oly or HIM might be a good stepping stone, just for race logistics to get used to the flow. Enjoy!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Get some Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Getting Back to Getting Fit

Started by opeleroy
Views: 780 Posts: 2

2010-07-14 6:16 PM bfoyle

Slow but getting faster. Big, but getting smaller

Started by unixtool
Views: 708 Posts: 4

2009-09-02 6:43 AM unixtool

Just getting started.

Started by sojourner
Views: 1439 Posts: 12

2004-03-10 7:55 AM Lara

Getting Started in Texas

Started by Tiger Phil
Views: 1060 Posts: 8

2004-02-02 8:48 AM cameronw

getting on board

Started by getting fit to tri
Views: 1149 Posts: 8

2004-01-13 8:04 AM owie
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 21, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
Part Three: What's Reality Got to Do with Anything Old?

date : September 16, 2011
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.
date : August 19, 2011
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.

date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : September 15, 2008
author : lcthomas74
Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.
date : July 8, 2008
author : amyro1234
Ever since I was 11 years old and first heard the word "triathlon" mentioned, I have made it my vow to do one. But what 11 year old does triathlons?”

date : April 9, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
Males should be screened from their twenties onward with a fasting lipid profile to assess overall cardiovascular disease risk.