Other Resources The Political Joe » So I've got this one kid........... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-05-06 10:45 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: So I've got this one kid...........

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Hook'em

I watched the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction show on HBO this weekend which included:  Deep Purple, Chicago, Steve Miller, and Cheap Trick.  I'd recommend it for your daughter, but the language of the presenters (particularly Kid Rock and Kendrick Lamar) might not be appropriate for younger viewers.

All of this talk of classic rock has got me thinking about seeing the Steve Miller Band who is playing in Austin this summer.

LOL - I walked in on her last night while she was doing homework......Cheap Trick on the turntable.

Thanks for the heads up.....I'll let her know.

Kid Rock inducted Cheap Trick and he dropped the F-bomb every other word.

2016-05-06 2:00 PM

User image

Veteran

I can see an impending battle brewing now that she can crank her music.  Her twin sister is a country music fan, and her brother is a hip hop fan.  This will end poorly for them.

Well sure - it's 2 vs 1 vs 1 - you and your daughter win. Democracy in action!
2016-05-06 2:23 PM
in reply to: CycloneVM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by CycloneVM

I can see an impending battle brewing now that she can crank her music.  Her twin sister is a country music fan, and her brother is a hip hop fan.  This will end poorly for them.

Exactly....and we are contemplating a complete ban on country and hip hop.

2016-05-06 2:27 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Do you mean nationwide? Or just in your house? I really hope you mean nationwide.

I was out getting lunch today and the sandwich place was playing the "Watch Me Whip/Watch Me Ne-ne" song. I don't think I've ever heard it all the way through--- just snippets here and there, and, anyway, I think I might have brain damage now.
2016-05-06 2:38 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Do you mean nationwide? Or just in your house? I really hope you mean nationwide. I was out getting lunch today and the sandwich place was playing the "Watch Me Whip/Watch Me Ne-ne" song. I don't think I've ever heard it all the way through--- just snippets here and there, and, anyway, I think I might have brain damage now.

Oh....dude.....I went round and round with my son a few weeks ago because he wanted to tell me how Kanye is a modern day prophet and musical genius.  I have never wanted to, or been tempted to punch one of my kids in the face..........until that exact moment.  Even as I type this, part of me is sorry I didn't. 

2016-05-06 3:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Do you mean nationwide? Or just in your house? I really hope you mean nationwide. I was out getting lunch today and the sandwich place was playing the "Watch Me Whip/Watch Me Ne-ne" song. I don't think I've ever heard it all the way through--- just snippets here and there, and, anyway, I think I might have brain damage now.

Oh....dude.....I went round and round with my son a few weeks ago because he wanted to tell me how Kanye is a modern day prophet and musical genius.  I have never wanted to, or been tempted to punch one of my kids in the face..........until that exact moment.  Even as I type this, part of me is sorry I didn't. 

tell him kanye is a gay fish. he'll get it.

ETA: and you'll be the coolest dad ever.

Edited by dmiller5 2016-05-06 3:15 PM

2016-05-12 10:17 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by mdg2003 Geez. I had lots of good ones in vinyl, PG was one of them, though it was literally worn out. Tossed most everything when CDs came out. I was looking for something else last week and came across these...

Wanna sell them?  I had 3 of those as a kid myself so it'd be cool to share them with her.

I bet you're not interested in the two on the left! I won't sell them to you. I will send them to you if you'd PM me an address, gratis. Just promise to pay it forward. Kick in a little extra for your local cop charity or something nice that feeds and helps out needy children. Let me know which ones you need.

I'm on my a** right now recovering from back op, so it might not get shipped til next week or so.
2016-05-16 7:15 PM

User image

Pro

mdg - you made her day!!  She said to tell you thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  She turns 16 tomorrow so the timing was perfect.  Man, I forgot how good Fleetwood Mac sounded when I was a kid....still does. Of course, she's been cranking the Van Halen.

Thanks dude!

Edited by Left Brain 2016-05-16 7:16 PM

(happy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
happy.jpg (53KB - 1 downloads)
2016-05-16 10:15 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Glad she liked them. Tell her That I wish her a Happy Birthday tomorrow.
2016-05-17 8:48 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 Glad she liked them. Tell her That I wish her a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

So it ends up being a pretty funny discussion when gifts show up out of nowhere.  I ended up showing them this thread and some of the board.....btw, they think we're all a bunch of dinosaurs living in the message board dark ages.  But then her twin sister spies that you're from Texas.....and without missing a beat says, "Hey, does he have any horses he wants to give away?" 

One rock and roller, and one English horse princess.....one as liberal and idealistic as can be, and one conservative nationalist....one a vegetarian and the other a hunter/killer.  Identical twins my arse.  LOL

Here's the other from this past weekend....

Edited by Left Brain 2016-05-17 8:50 AM

(jump.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
jump.jpg (115KB - 1 downloads)
2016-05-17 9:27 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Well there is this guy. He a quarter-horse the wife trails rides on. If I shipped him off, I'd have to come live in your garage or basement. That's Momma's baby boy and my a** would be grass...

(sport.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
sport.jpg (87KB - 1 downloads)

2016-05-17 9:35 AM

User image

Pro

You've only got one???  I must be a victim of some kind of scam.  My wife and daughter convinced me that you have to have two horses because one horse alone would become lonely and commit suicide or something.

This is all I know about horses.......the only people who own them are folks with a lot of money or people who don't ever want to have any money.......I am firmly in the second camp.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-05-17 9:39 AM
2016-05-17 9:46 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
My poor wife tried and tried to get our girls into horses. Neither one did. All the cousins that came to visit just loved riding him and were jealous as heck that we have a horse. Me? I'm pretty sure I've never even been on his back once. I did just drop $2500 for a new saddle. Sigh.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » So I've got this one kid........... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Another one bites the dust... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by ejshowers
Views: 3584 Posts: 73

2016-05-04 11:18 AM tuwood

"One Love"

Started by Left Brain
Views: 1087 Posts: 4

2014-02-09 7:53 AM the bear

Four House Members in One!

Started by JoshR
Views: 684 Posts: 3

2014-02-04 5:35 AM DanielG

You have got to be kidding me

Started by Stuartap
Views: 672 Posts: 3

2013-12-24 5:49 PM Stuartap

Let Kids Drink at Your House and You Could Go to Jail, Maine Couple Warns

Started by DanielG
Views: 2227 Posts: 16

2013-06-17 4:02 PM Meljoypip
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 31, 2011
author : Mandoline
comments : 6
The epic adventure of my first Olympic Tri at 13 years old.

date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?
date : July 9, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How safe is it for children to participate in triathlons and other endurance events? Here are the opinions of several experts in the field.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : July 28, 2008
author : peteo
comments : 4
Honey, great news. I just spent our kids’ college fund on a new bike! The sales guy said it will shave at least 3 seconds off my 40K time. Umm, honey why do you have a knife in your hand???

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.