of 76

2016-08-19 8:37 PM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Election 2016
Actually, like a real leader, he actually has the real department responsible for actually helping people and responding to an emergency, FEMA, working like a well oiled machine so he doesn't have to be there to gum things up with all the crap required for a presidential visit. You do realize the governor of the state has basically asked Obama to wait a bit before visiting?

2016-08-19 8:53 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Actually, like a real leader, he actually has the real department responsible for actually helping people and responding to an emergency, FEMA, working like a well oiled machine so he doesn't have to be there to gum things up with all the crap required for a presidential visit. You do realize the governor of the state has basically asked Obama to wait a bit before visiting?

I truly wish I could go back and find your thoughts on Bush's response to Katrina.  I am going to guess you didn't quite feel the same way. (for the record, Bush screwed up bad too)

Obama was a total donkey on this one.  He couldn't even break away for 5 minutes of golf to acknowledge that people were suffering and needed help.
You notice how immediately after Trump visits he comes out and schedules a visit.  Yeah, because he realizes how bad he looks, and of course Clinton phones it in and calls the Governor.
I wonder if the Clinton Foundation will donate a truck load of toys and supplies as well?

2016-08-19 9:02 PM
in reply to: #5195901

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
You do realize that a pres visit is nothing but bull hockey, right, it is virtually meaningless. I didn't care if Bush visited at all. I cared that his department failed miserably and yet he called out its leader for a job well done. Do you remember that "heck of a job well done Brownie" quote?
2016-08-19 9:20 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers You do realize that a pres visit is nothing but bull hockey, right, it is virtually meaningless. I didn't care if Bush visited at all. I cared that his department failed miserably and yet he called out its leader for a job well done. Do you remember that "heck of a job well done Brownie" quote?

I guess if Obama can truly do no wrong, then you can feel this way.  Even without a visit, do you think he should at the very least maybe said something nice to the tens of thousands of Americans who are suffering between a round of golf?
Leadership rears its head in many ways, and ignoring things going on in our country and around the world most certainly isn't leadership. 

2016-08-19 9:52 PM
in reply to: #5195903

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Seriously, if your house was flooded would you give the slightest crap if the pres gave a speech?
2016-08-19 10:42 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowers You do realize that a pres visit is nothing but bull hockey, right, it is virtually meaningless. I didn't care if Bush visited at all. I cared that his department failed miserably and yet he called out its leader for a job well done. Do you remember that "heck of a job well done Brownie" quote?

I guess if Obama can truly do no wrong, then you can feel this way.  Even without a visit, do you think he should at the very least maybe said something nice to the tens of thousands of Americans who are suffering between a round of golf?
Leadership rears its head in many ways, and ignoring things going on in our country and around the world most certainly isn't leadership. 

I'm sure if there was a way to make the Flooding a racist event he would have dropped everything to make a speech.

2016-08-20 8:13 AM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by velocomp

I'm sure if there was a way to make the Flooding a racist event he would have dropped everything to make a speech.

He did assume they were already racists, but fortunately the Justice Department is all over getting that fixed:
Obama To Louisiana Flood Victims As They Recover: “Don’t Be Racist!”

2016-08-20 10:45 AM

New user
Originally posted by ejshowers

Actually, like a real leader, he actually has the real department responsible for actually helping people and responding to an emergency, FEMA, working like a well oiled machine so he doesn't have to be there to gum things up with all the crap required for a presidential visit. You do realize the governor of the state has basically asked Obama to wait a bit before visiting?

As a resident of Louisiana with intimate knowledge of the situation, that is about the funniest post I ever read. Just curious, when did you first learn of the devastation here and where? Until the last few days, the national media has mentioned the disaster very little. Perhaps if Mr. Obama had come down it would have drawn attention sooner. But I guess he only leaves his golf vacation to raise money for Hillary. And it was quite funny in a sad way to watch our gov cover for Mr. Obama's absence in a press conference. But when you have blacks and whites rescuing and helping each other it doesn't fit the narrative of discrimination the President and his minions like to spew.

Church groups were the first on the scene, not the well oiled FEMA.
2016-08-20 11:36 AM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Pro
FEMA a well oiled machine. BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
2016-08-22 8:29 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

One of the great Caesars said "It's not important that you do anything about the people's problems so long as they feel they have a voice and someone is listening."  Or words to that affect.

Obama can do nothing to make the water go down but when your home has 40,000 gallons of water in it and you hear that the POTUS is playing golf it doesn't sit well.  Why Hillary hasn't gone is beyond me.  This is a no brainer.  Go there for the 20 minute photo-op, meet with some of the people and listen to their stories....then you will be headline news for the next 3 days!  Her not going feeds the poor health speculation.

2016-08-22 3:11 PM

User image

Expert
Alabama
Originally posted by NXS

Originally posted by ejshowers

As a resident of Louisiana with intimate knowledge of the situation, that is about the funniest post I ever read. Just curious, when did you first learn of the devastation here and where? Until the last few days, the national media has mentioned the disaster very little. Perhaps if Mr. Obama had come down it would have drawn attention sooner. But I guess he only leaves his golf vacation to raise money for Hillary. And it was quite funny in a sad way to watch our gov cover for Mr. Obama's absence in a press conference. But when you have blacks and whites rescuing and helping each other it doesn't fit the narrative of discrimination the President and his minions like to spew.

Church groups were the first on the scene, not the well oiled FEMA.

Unfortunately, people working together to solve problems and help one another doesn't fit into the media narrative, nor does it fit in to today's politics. The people who suffer are the citizens. We are in a situation where our leadership is trying to divide and conquer, and they are winning the fight left and right.

2016-08-22 3:25 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by NXS Church groups were the first on the scene, not the well oiled FEMA.

(Steinbeck.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Steinbeck.JPG (33KB - 2 downloads)
2016-08-22 7:13 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
I've actually tried to find information regarding the FEMA response to the Baton Rouge area, and most of it is quite positive.
2016-08-22 9:51 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2016-08-23 1:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by ejshowers Actually, like a real leader, he actually has the real department responsible for actually helping people and responding to an emergency, FEMA, working like a well oiled machine so he doesn't have to be there to gum things up with all the **** required for a presidential visit. You do realize the governor of the state has basically asked Obama to wait a bit before visiting?

What is your basis for stating that FEMA is working like a well oil machine?  I have my own opinions about FEMA from my dealings with them.  If anyone on here has been forced by their loan holder to purchase disaster insurance from FEMA and then been through a disaster I would like to hear how your experience went.

Edited by BlueBoy26 2016-08-23 1:16 PM
2016-08-23 1:25 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Originally posted by ejshowers Actually, like a real leader, he actually has the real department responsible for actually helping people and responding to an emergency, FEMA, working like a well oiled machine so he doesn't have to be there to gum things up with all the **** required for a presidential visit. You do realize the governor of the state has basically asked Obama to wait a bit before visiting?

What is your basis for stating that FEMA is working like a well oil machine?  I have my own opinions about FEMA from my dealings with them.  If anyone on here has been forced by their loan holder to purchase disaster insurance from FEMA and then been through a disaster I would like to hear how your experience went.

Not directly, but indirectly through my mom who went through a tornado a few years back.  The best word I can use to describe FEMA is wasteful.

They were wasteful in that they essentially put up grocery stores and let anyone and everyone have free stuff.  My wife and I came up from Omaha to help with the cleanup and the FEMA people were telling us to load our car up for the trip back home.  I did the wtf is wrong with you people look and walked away.
There were people coming in from very long distances for the handouts that had absolutely zero need.
Months after the disaster, my mom got a call from FEMA about her being able to get all new appliances for her house.  I thought it was a scam at first, but sure enough they sent her to sears to pick out the best of the best appliances, for her house and when she gave them the list they told her they weren't efficient enough and told her to go back and get the most expensive item in the store and that should work.  So now my mom who lives in a $25k house has about $50k worth of appliances compliments of FEMA.

It's the epitome of anything our government does.  waste waste waste and waste.  As long as there's a crisis to justify the spending, there truly are no limits to how much they'll waste. 

2016-08-23 1:32 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Champion
Alabama

What is your basis for stating that FEMA is working like a well oil machine?  

I think he meant water and oil don't mix......

2016-08-23 1:41 PM

User image

Pro

Not directly, but indirectly through my mom who went through a tornado a few years back.  The best word I can use to describe FEMA is wasteful.

They were wasteful in that they essentially put up grocery stores and let anyone and everyone have free stuff.  My wife and I came up from Omaha to help with the cleanup and the FEMA people were telling us to load our car up for the trip back home.  I did the wtf is wrong with you people look and walked away.
There were people coming in from very long distances for the handouts that had absolutely zero need.
Months after the disaster, my mom got a call from FEMA about her being able to get all new appliances for her house.  I thought it was a scam at first, but sure enough they sent her to sears to pick out the best of the best appliances, for her house and when she gave them the list they told her they weren't efficient enough and told her to go back and get the most expensive item in the store and that should work.  So now my mom who lives in a $25k house has about $50k worth of appliances compliments of FEMA.

It's the epitome of anything our government does.  waste waste waste and waste.  As long as there's a crisis to justify the spending, there truly are no limits to how much they'll waste. 

Ding Ding Ding........WINNER!!!!!

2016-08-23 5:34 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2016-08-24 12:12 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Hillary's health:

1.  Right-wing conspiracy theory?

2.  Lupus?

3.  Hypothyroid?

4.  Head injury from 2012?

5.  Alzheimer's?

Best I can tell the latest doctor report responded specifically to the 2012 head injury only. 

If it is a conspiracy then she could use that for political fodder by releasing her medical records and saying, 'see, just another conspiracy theory....'

This is one of those things that it had better just be unfounded theories cause it will eventually come out.

2016-08-24 12:58 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio

Hillary's health:

2.  Lupus?

3.  Hypothyroid?

5.  Alzheimer's?

Best I can tell the latest doctor report responded specifically to the 2012 head injury only. 

If it is a conspiracy then she could use that for political fodder by releasing her medical records and saying, 'see, just another conspiracy theory....'

This is one of those things that it had better just be unfounded theories cause it will eventually come out.

Certainly the media will fully vet anything that comes out.  ;-

2016-08-24 1:37 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Hillary's health:

2.  Lupus?

3.  Hypothyroid?

5.  Alzheimer's?

LOL! 

If Hillary says pissant can pull a freight train, the media would hitch one up!

Personally I do question her health.  I think it is a valid question.  Not question it because of some jerky head movements or having to leave the debate to go see a man about a mule.....I think we need to know if she is going to "last" 4 years.  Can she handle the stress?  The long days and being on call 24/7/365?  If there is doubt then certainly her VP pick needs more vetting.

2016-08-24 2:47 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
She can handle the stress.

She endured 11 hours of questioning by the Benghazi Committee and remained calm and cool.

Trump complained that a 3 hour debate is too long.

2016-08-24 2:58 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers She can handle the stress. She endured 11 hours of questioning by the Benghazi Committee and remained calm and cool. Trump complained that a 3 hour debate is too long.

I kind of like the low energy Hillary.  no press conferences, barely campaigning, etc.
She's just making it easier for Trump.   So, I don't care if it's her health or that she's overconfident.  ;-

On a side note, I'm finding it interesting how the whole health thing is playing out politically.  Trump isn't directly saying anything, but several surrogates are dropping little nuggets here and there and social media is abuzz of her little seizures and catheter pictures.
No matter if she's ill or not, the seed is being planted very effectively.  Then when she plays into the allegations by doing one campaign event a week for maybe 20 minutes (dressed in a coat in Aug, btw), it just strengthens the case against her.

There will be a steady drip drip against her for the next two and a half months and little by little her support will whittle away until president Trump wins on the 8th.  I saw the same thing happen over and over again in the republican primary and at this point I see nothing different in the general.

2016-08-24 3:17 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Hillary's health:

2.  Lupus?

3.  Hypothyroid?

5.  Alzheimer's?

LOL! 

If Hillary says pissant can pull a freight train, the media would hitch one up!

Personally I do question her health.  I think it is a valid question.  Not question it because of some jerky head movements or having to leave the debate to go see a man about a mule.....I think we need to know if she is going to "last" 4 years.  Can she handle the stress?  The long days and being on call 24/7/365?  If there is doubt then certainly her VP pick needs more vetting.

Do you also question Trump's health? He's two years older and on average women have a longer life span. So all things being equal, he's way more likely to die first. 

On a side note, a doctor wrote a piece on HuffPo (link here) regarding the doctor's note Trump released proving he's in excellent health. Since he hasn't released his medical records either (even though he ordered his doctor to release a full medical report within two weeks last December and nobody says no to Donald except apparently his doctor). I have no reason to doubt that he's as healthy as he says he is. He does have that healthy orange glow about him, although you have to wonder about his underdeveloped hands. Anyway, it's on HuffPo so it obviously has a liberal slant, but she brings up some really good points. The whole letter is just bizarre. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2682 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1277 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6135 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1601 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.