2016-09-20 4:37 PM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by morey000

Originally posted by tuwood

I know we've beat the enthusiasm gap topic to death regarding crowd sizes, but yowzers... The contrast is almost unbelievable.

Donald Trump Packs Arena, Hillary Draws 200 at Dueling Events

The part I truly can't figure out is where are her supporters at?  We talk about the silent majority with Trump, but Hillary seems to have an invisible majority.  Any online poll I've ever seen she barely gets 10% (even on liberal news sites).  Her book is getting pummeled in reviews.  I see zero positive things on FB about her.  I have yet to see a Hillary sign in any yard. Any news story with comments is just non stop bagging on Hillary no matter what the site.  I finally saw my first bumper sticker, but it was a Bernie 2016 sticker with "ok fine, Hillary I guess" over the top of it.  lol

I know a few of you guys are going to vote for her, but I don't think any of you are exactly excited about it.  I know there are many others that feel the same way, but I really have a tough time believing that half the country is in the camp of "I guess I'll vote for her".

hopefully I can give you a perspective.

Hillary is not a charismatic candidate (like Obama was).  However, she's incredibly experienced, thoughtful, has worked her entire life for her causes and to help others, is a diplomat and is a true policy wonk.  I would go to a Trump rally- just to take it in.  And I will vote for Hillary because she's so far and away the best man for the job.  I am frankly appalled that Trump - that thin skinned, self aggrandizing, xenophobic, racist, hateful, juvenile man-child, who has spent his life lining his own pockets at the expense of others, is garnering such popularity from so many americans that apparently don't understand what our country stands for and what truly has made it great.  

You truly made me laugh with your post.  I think you just described Hillary pretty well.
Americans are sick and tired of the hatred and bigotry from people who want to divide us on race and religion in the name of tolerance.  Obama and Hillary are out of touch with America and you and their other supporters just can't understand it.

2016-09-20 5:01 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California

Americans are sick and tired of the hatred and bigotry from people who want to divide us on race and religion in the name of tolerance.

lol wut?

2016-09-20 5:05 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

Americans are sick and tired of the hatred and bigotry from people who want to divide us on race and religion in the name of tolerance.

lol wut?

Are we more divided today than we were 8 years ago or are we closer together?

What progressives do is demean and belittle people who are different than them (that's bigotry) and they insist on dividing every up based on race and treating them differently.  Blacks must get this special treatment, we must let blacks get into college easier, etc.  It's racist at it's very core because treating somebody differently based on their race is the definition of racism. 
Americans are sick of it, I'm sick of it and the only way to make progress is to stop the division and politics of hate.

2016-09-20 5:17 PM

Master
, California

lol wut?

What progressives do is demean and belittle people who are different than them (that's bigotry) and they insist on dividing every up based on race and treating them differently.  Blacks must get this special treatment, we must let blacks get into college easier, etc.  It's racist at it's very core because treating somebody differently based on their race is the definition of racism. 
Americans are sick of it, I'm sick of it and the only way to make progress is to stop the division and politics of hate.

OK a) I think it's ridiculous to group all progressives together that way.  I'm sure some have that agenda but I think most people are just fighting for fair and equal treatment.  b) I think you really need to re-evaluate your support of Trump if that's how you feel.  Because he proudly pushes an exclusionary policy agenda.  And that is division, plain and simple.

2016-09-20 5:31 PM

User image

Pro
All I know is when a cafeteria worker in Pennsylvania resigns because she is ordered not to give a hot meal to a kid who's account is overdrawn and she refuses to give him the standard govt cheese sandwich......and it makes national news....let that sink in a minute...... we've all lost our damn minds.
2016-09-20 6:20 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

lol wut?

OK a) I think it's ridiculous to group all progressives together that way.  I'm sure some have that agenda but I think most people are just fighting for fair and equal treatment.  b) I think you really need to re-evaluate your support of Trump if that's how you feel.  Because he proudly pushes an exclusionary policy agenda.  And that is division, plain and simple.

I agree that I shouldn't group all progressives together because many have differing degrees of passion in various areas.

I would truly encourage you to go to a Trump event if he comes to your area so you can see for yourself what kind of person he is and not only see him through the selective edits of the media.  Trump is the most compassionate and caring politician I've ever seen.  As an example he often openly speaks about inclusion and love towards gay Americans at his rally's which you'll never hear any other Republican do and of course the media never covers it.
I don't see anything in anything he's said or within his policies that is exclusionary to any American of any race/sex/religion.  I think the challenge for many is that he wants to actually uphold the laws for things like immigration.  The actual laws on the books today are far harsher than anything Trump is proposing.  He's talking about changing the immigration laws to make them sensible and enforcing them.  People are reacting to his enforcement as though he's putting in place new draconian laws.

2016-09-20 6:29 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I wonder if Hillary is going to even be able to make the debate on Monday.  Things will get really weird if she has to cancel, pneumonia or not.
Hillary Unexpectedly Postpones Local Fundraiser "Without Reason"

2016-09-21 4:05 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

This is an interesting article for me.  Hillary's big experience claim is that she has international experience and understands the world out there (paraphrasing).  It seems as though, at least in the case of Egypt, they don't agree that she's doing a very good job.
I know in Syria, we seem to be supporting the bad guys and I guess Egypt feels we're doing the same there.  I hadn't even heard about us supporting the brotherhood before so I don't know what the context of that is.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/21/exclusive-egyptian-leaders-praise-donald-trump-blast-hillary-clinton-after-president-el-sisi-meets-with-both-candidates/

2016-09-21 4:38 PM

User image

Elite

This is an interesting article for me.  Hillary's big experience claim is that she has international experience and understands the world out there (paraphrasing).  It seems as though, at least in the case of Egypt, they don't agree that she's doing a very good job.
I know in Syria, we seem to be supporting the bad guys and I guess Egypt feels we're doing the same there.  I hadn't even heard about us supporting the brotherhood before so I don't know what the context of that is.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/21/exclusive-egyptian-leaders-praise-donald-trump-blast-hillary-clinton-after-president-el-sisi-meets-with-both-candidates/

a breitbart article Tony? sounds on-the-level to me.
As for foreign policy chops, there's one candidate (Trump) who scores of high-ranking officials (including MANY prominent Republicans) are on record as saying Trump is unfit.
There's another candidate who actually had never heard of Aleppo. (Johnson)

Clinton is far and away more knowledgeable than Trump...whether she can convey this in the debates is the question.
Trump says things that would have disqualified just about every other human on the planet, yet he still stands. He's not knowledgeable. He speaks on a 4th or 5th grade level. He has very thin skin. You may think these are traits we need in a president, but I sure don't.

• ..now how about unveiling those tax returns Donald??? (yeah, didn't think so)

• 2016-09-21 4:55 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

a breitbart article Tony? sounds on-the-level to me. As for foreign policy chops, there's one candidate (Trump) who scores of high-ranking officials (including MANY prominent Republicans) are on record as saying Trump is unfit. There's another candidate who actually had never heard of Aleppo. (Johnson) Clinton is far and away more knowledgeable than Trump...whether she can convey this in the debates is the question. Trump says things that would have disqualified just about every other human on the planet, yet he still stands. He's not knowledgeable. He speaks on a 4th or 5th grade level. He has very thin skin. You may think these are traits we need in a president, but I sure don't. ...now how about unveiling those tax returns Donald??? (yeah, didn't think so)

I was waiting on dmiller to bag on my source.  I posted the brietbart article because it was directly quoting the Egyptian officials.  If you feel they were misquoted or meant something else feel free to provide a different source. 

I do agree with you that Hillary has more foreign policy experience and if she didn't that would be really bad for her seeing how she was Secretary of State.  I think the part you're missing is that the Obama/Hillary type of foreign policy is a complete joke and gets received with a collective eyeroll internationally.  They're academics with solutions that don't work in the real world.
    In contrast, you are correct that Trump doesn't have the experience of complex crony based policy and that's why people like me and others feel he is by far a better person to represent us internationally.  Obama does nothing but bag on the very country he leads when he travels abroad.  I know the progressives love that, but nobody else does. 

2016-09-22 7:46 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

2016-09-22 8:04 AM
    in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-campaign-says-trump-could-low-bar-debate-190953342--election.html

Clinton already making excuses for why she lost the debates....

I'm really looking forward to the debate.

It's sad that there are article after article of people wondering if Hillary will make it on time and how long she'll last.  The debate is a continuous 90 minutes and she typically shows up for her events very late and they only last 20-30 minutes tops because she apparently can't go any longer for "some reason".

One thing is for sure, if she has a medical incident or has to leave unexpectedly, her campaign is officially over.

2016-09-22 8:22 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Well shoot, you won me over. If dictator President Putin, dictator Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, and now dictator President Sisi have all heaped praise on Trump, then he must be the best candidate to lead the free world. On a side note, I'm starting to understand how he was able to guarantee that he'll get over 95% of the African American vote in 2020. Dictators Real leaders have a way of pulling those kinds of numbers.  

2016-09-22 8:26 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-campaign-says-trump-could-low-bar-debate-190953342--election.html

She's a little late to the party. Trump's been claiming the debates are rigged against him for almost two months. And that Anderson Cooper is going to be mean to him. Oh, and the whole election is rigged. I believe his exact quote was "The only way we can lose, in my opinion, I really mean this, if if cheating goes on."

2016-09-22 8:27 AM
    in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Well shoot, you won me over. If dictator President Putin, dictator Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, and now dictator President Sisi have all heaped praise on Trump, then he must be the best candidate to lead the free world. On a side note, I'm starting to understand how he was able to guarantee that he'll get over 95% of the African American vote in 2020. Dictators Real leaders have a way of pulling those kinds of numbers.  

You know he's already won when you and the rest of Hillary's supporters can do nothing more than attack him personally.
    Hillary and Obama's policies and track records are indefensible.
    Trumps policies are in line with what Americans want.

Game, Set, Match

2016-09-22 8:29 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

She's a little late to the party. Trump's been claiming the debates are rigged against him for almost two months. And that Anderson Cooper is going to be mean to him. Oh, and the whole election is rigged. I believe his exact quote was "The only way we can lose, in my opinion, I really mean this, if if cheating goes on."

That is quite likely a true statement.  Hillary has already proven she isn't capable of wining on her own.

2016-09-22 8:55 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

You know he's already won when you and the rest of Hillary's supporters can do nothing more than attack him personally.

Game, Set, Match

Yep, he's got his tiny finger on the pulse of Americans and despotic rulers.

(By the way, I'm a Johnson/Weld guy

2016-09-22 9:00 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

That is quite likely a true statement.  Hillary has already proven she isn't capable of wining on her own.

Yup, I believe that is true also.  He is Obama 2.0 minus the young and black enthusiasm.

She maybe had a nervous breakdown.....

http://theblacksphere.net/2016/09/breaking-did-hillary-clinton-have-a-nervous-breakdown/

I don't think she had a breakdown...I just honestly think she is old.  As far as I can tell, she doesn't get any exercise.  I've heard mention of water aerobics and yoga....about as low of impact as you can get.  68 is not old IF you are physically active.....run, bike, swim, lift weights, hike. 

And just to be fair, I don't think Trump is much better off.  Playing golf is not much exercise when you ride our golf cart around the course and have a caddy carrying your bag.

The sad thing is, both of them should be in great physical shape. If I had millions of dollars I have a full time trainer, nationalist, chef and doctor on staff making sure I am as healthy as is genetically possible.

2016-09-22 10:23 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Game, Set, Match

dang it, just when I thought I finally found an illusive Hillary supporter.  :-P

2016-09-22 10:42 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    2016-09-22 10:58 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Game, Set, Match

dang it, just when I thought I finally found an illusive Hillary supporter.  :-P

Sorry to disappoint, you'll have to wait for dmiller to come back. Hillary (and pretty much everyone else Washington right now from both sides of the aisle) is like cancer, slowly but steadily killing our country. Trump would be like a massive heart attack. 

2016-09-22 11:12 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Game, Set, Match

Sorry to disappoint, you'll have to wait for dmiller to come back. Hillary (and pretty much everyone else Washington right now from both sides of the aisle) is like cancer, slowly but steadily killing our country. Trump would be like a massive heart attack. 

Trump would be like a massive heart attack....or might turn things around.....it is a gamble.  But one thing for sure, Clinton will be Obama 2.0  and would be just enough to collapse our economy.  I  am sick of politicians on both sides.  We gave both houses to the GOP and nothing changed...just more gridlock.  I blame that on the POTUS.  The president need to bring in leaders from both parties and stay in the room until they come up solutions. 

2016-09-22 11:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Maryland

Game, Set, Match

Trump would be like a massive heart attack....or might turn things around.....it is a gamble.  But one thing for sure, Clinton will be Obama 2.0  and would be just enough to collapse our economy.  I  am sick of politicians on both sides.  We gave both houses to the GOP and nothing changed...just more gridlock.  I blame that on the POTUS.  The president need to bring in leaders from both parties and stay in the room until they come up solutions. 

....you blame the president for the gridlock?  He isn't the one that brings bills to the floor, or votes on them.  That is your wonderful GOP controlled house and senate.

2016-09-22 12:29 PM
    in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Originally posted by dmiller5

Game, Set, Match

....you blame the president for the gridlock?  He isn't the one that brings bills to the floor, or votes on them.  That is your wonderful GOP controlled house and senate.

I absolutely blame the POTUS for gridlock.  Congress has ALWAYS been partisan with congressmen on the left and the right who fundamentally disagree. It is the job of the leader to work with congress to get things passed.  So the POTUS did not bring Obamacare to the floor?  He had worked with congress then cutting backroom deals with democrats to get their support. If he were a real leader he would have gotten bi-partisian support.  You do this by having weekly meeting with both parties in the Oval office.  You do this by taking the other party leaders golfing or WH dinners.  Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.  Obama has zero leadership qualities.

2016-09-22 1:45 PM

Master
    , California

Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.

Like the idea for health care that's been pushed by Republicans many, many times before?

Let's face it, Obama was being stonewalled from the day he won office.  The Republicans in Congress even openly stated that their primary goal was to make sure he didn't get a 2nd term.  They made it *abundantly* clear there was no compromise to be found, regardless of any schmoozing.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
    Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
    Views: 2685 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
    Views: 1278 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
    Views: 6144 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
    Views: 1603 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : October 31, 2004
    author : infosteward
    comments : 0
    Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.