Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2016-10-19 9:54 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

they both did a decent job.  HIllary took it on the chin with the foundation and it was obvious when she just bloviated her answer.  She also struggled with open boarders when Trump brought up the wiki emails showing she wanted an open border America.

2016-10-19 10:14 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Elite
Originally posted by tuwood

they both did a decent job.  HIllary took it on the chin with the foundation and it was obvious when she just bloviated her answer.  She also struggled with open boarders when Trump brought up the wiki emails showing she wanted an open border America.

My Lord, seriously?
Trump just lost his 3rd debate in a row...and this one was a doozy.

"Nobody respects women more than I do, NOBODY!"
-Donald J Trump
(that right there is priceless)

She mopped the floor with his unprepared butt.
He mucked up so many answers.

Dammit Tony, you should have told your candidate he needed to make the debate about Hillary. He couldn't help himself. He started out doing fine, as if he was actually listening in class...but she suckered him in...and he took the bait.

Why? Because that's what he does. That is who he is. He will never change. He is thin-skinned to the extreme. Putin knows this.
Oh, but I guess the 17 different agencies both governmental and private are just arms of the Clinton campaign, eh?

Her listing of the many times Donald blamed his losing on the system being rigged...how funny was that? The topper was the fact he didn't get a 3rd Emmy in a row for Celebrity Apprentice, that was classic. And the buffoon weighed in and said, "I should have won."

Seriously, you will look back at this and see Sarah Palin Part Two. Mindblowing stupidity on his part. Not supporting the outcome of the election? That sounds well thought-out Donnie.
2016-10-19 10:48 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

My Lord, seriously? Trump just lost his 3rd debate in a row...and this one was a doozy. "Nobody respects women more than I do, NOBODY!" -Donald J Trump (that right there is priceless) She mopped the floor with his unprepared butt. He mucked up so many answers. Dammit Tony, you should have told your candidate he needed to make the debate about Hillary. He couldn't help himself. He started out doing fine, as if he was actually listening in class...but she suckered him in...and he took the bait. Why? Because that's what he does. That is who he is. He will never change. He is thin-skinned to the extreme. Putin knows this. Oh, but I guess the 17 different agencies both governmental and private are just arms of the Clinton campaign, eh? Her listing of the many times Donald blamed his losing on the system being rigged...how funny was that? The topper was the fact he didn't get a 3rd Emmy in a row for Celebrity Apprentice, that was classic. And the buffoon weighed in and said, "I should have won." Seriously, you will look back at this and see Sarah Palin Part Two. Mindblowing stupidity on his part. Not supporting the outcome of the election? That sounds well thought-out Donnie.

you lose all credibility on the debates when you continue to call the second one a win for Clinton.   Clinton could convulse out on the stage and you would cheer at the presidential style she had falling down.

2016-10-19 11:49 PM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Scientific polls show Clinton won the second debate. Google it.

The headlines and discussion tomorrow will all be Trump not willing to accept the outcome of the election and his nasty woman comment. He did not help himself again despite having a few chances. Even if a draw it is a loss for Trump, as he needed a home run. His electoral path is almost non-existant at this point.
2016-10-20 6:27 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by ejshowersScientific polls show Clinton won the second debate. Google it.The headlines and discussion tomorrow will all be Trump not willing to accept the outcome of the election and his nasty woman comment. He did not help himself again despite having a few chances. Even if a draw it is a loss for Trump, as he needed a home run. His electoral path is almost non-existant at this point.
You might want to Google the internals of the "scientific" poll the dems desperately cling to. Is this scientific enough for you on this one? Fox panel had the same results, but I know you don't trust that one. https://youtu.be/_TZt0xcunG4

Edited by tuwood 2016-10-20 6:27 AM
2016-10-20 6:33 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
The internals of the cnn post 2nd debate poll that had Hillary barely winning

33% of the people surveyed in the poll identified as Independents, 41% identified as Democrats, while just 26% identified as Republicans.

2016-10-20 7:42 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I think Trump destroyed her! I suspect the left think Hillary won.

Certainly Trump supporters saw what they wanted to see. He was focused and avoided the bait. Several time she threw out the bait in well rehearsed spiels and he just ignored them.

It was nice to hear some differences in opinion such as Hillary's support of late term abortion....which just makes me cringe.

2016-10-20 8:05 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Oakville

"Nobody respects women more than I do, NOBODY!" -Donald J Trump (that right there is priceless)

I don't think it means what Trump thinks it means.

2016-10-20 8:23 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Scott71

"Nobody respects women more than I do, NOBODY!" -Donald J Trump (that right there is priceless)

one thing I will say is Hillary talks about respecting women, but she treats them like garbage in reality.  She underpays them, attacks them.  Trump does say some bad things about women, but in reality he pays women more and puts them in far more high level positions than almost  other large business executive.  He also treats women no differently then men and bags on them as he sees fit.  Isn't the whole idea of feminism to be treated equally?

2016-10-20 8:39 AM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
So you are saying he gropes men too? He's an equal opportunity groper?
2016-10-20 8:57 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Scott71

one thing I will say is Hillary talks about respecting women, but she treats them like garbage in reality.  She underpays them, attacks them.  Trump does say some bad things about women, but in reality he pays women more and puts them in far more high level positions than almost  other large business executive.  He also treats women no differently then men and bags on them as he sees fit.  Isn't the whole idea of feminism to be treated equally?

Wait, does he bag them or shag them as he sees fit?

I read recently where Clinton's female campaign workers were paid far less than the men. It was one of those awkward news stories that ran for 1/2 day and then the media let it die as it was damaging to Hillary's narrative about equal pay for women.

I heard a businessman address the idea that women make 70 cents on the dollar compared to men. He said if this was the case, then as a businessman, it would behoove me to fire all the men that work for me and hire woman! I can immediately reduce my payroll cost by 30%.

2016-10-20 9:20 AM

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Rogillio I think Trump destroyed her! I suspect the left think Hillary won. Certainly Trump supporters saw what they wanted to see. He was focused and avoided the bait. Several time she threw out the bait in well rehearsed spiels and he just ignored them. It was nice to hear some differences in opinion such as Hillary's support of late term abortion....which just makes me cringe.

I love that Trump not acting like a belligerent idiot (which is very arguable) is considered a Trump victory.
Man, the bar is low.

There were portions of the debate which were relatively evenly matched. Although Trump did himself no favors acting childish with his repeated statements of "wrong, wrong...".
But, and it's a profound but, literally the only thing anyone will remember from the 3rd debate will be Trump's refusal to accept the outcome of the election.
That's it. Nothing else. Game over. Game, set, match. Put a bow on it. Stick a fork in it.

That moment will be looked back upon on November 9th as the moment the odds of a Trump Presidency became insurmountable.
Granted, I've been of the belief that he's unelectable for many months, but it finally seems like the overwhelming majority of the American populous is reaching the same conclusion.

20 days, 12 hours, and 40 minutes to go.

2016-10-20 9:39 AM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Originally posted by Rogillio I think Trump destroyed her! I suspect the left think Hillary won. Certainly Trump supporters saw what they wanted to see. He was focused and avoided the bait. Several time she threw out the bait in well rehearsed spiels and he just ignored them. It was nice to hear some differences in opinion such as Hillary's support of late term abortion....which just makes me cringe.

I love that Trump not acting like a belligerent idiot (which is very arguable) is considered a Trump victory.
Man, the bar is low.

There were portions of the debate which were relatively evenly matched. Although Trump did himself no favors acting childish with his repeated statements of "wrong, wrong...".
But, and it's a profound but, literally the only thing anyone will remember from the 3rd debate will be Trump's refusal to accept the outcome of the election.
That's it. Nothing else. Game over. Game, set, match. Put a bow on it. Stick a fork in it.

That moment will be looked back upon on November 9th as the moment the odds of a Trump Presidency became insurmountable.
Granted, I've been of the belief that he's unelectable for many months, but it finally seems like the overwhelming majority of the American populous is reaching the same conclusion.

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'.

The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)?

The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

2016-10-20 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Rogillio

Man, the bar is low.

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'.

The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)?

The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

If Trump had couched his reply along those lines this wouldn’t be news. But he didn’t. He played into his “rigged election” theme and added his reality TV note of “keeping is in suspense.” That general idea of not accepting the results of an election is unprecedented in our history.
2016-10-20 9:57 AM

User image

Oakville

Trump has called Romney a loser and said that he lost the 2012 election badly.  It is possible that Trump will win fewer than Romney's 206 electoral votes.  He sees the writing on the wall and, if the election is rigged, then he is not a LOSER.

2016-10-20 10:01 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

33% of the people surveyed in the poll identified as Independents, 41% identified as Democrats, while just 26% identified as Republicans.

Here are the results of the 4 scientific polls on who won the 2nd debate.

(secondDpolls.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
secondDpolls.PNG (20KB - 3 downloads)

2016-10-20 10:11 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by ejshowers

Man, the bar is low.

If Trump had couched his reply along those lines this wouldn’t be news. But he didn’t. He played into his “rigged election” theme and added his reality TV note of “keeping is in suspense.” That general idea of not accepting the results of an election is unprecedented in our history.

Unprecedented? Hardly. Al Gore v GWB went to the SCOTUS and still people claimed GWB stole the election and they failed to count thousands of ballots.

Ask Bernie about how rigged the primaries....
2016-10-20 10:21 AM
in reply to: #5202515

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Sigh. I don't think your read my response very carefully. I said GENERAL case, not a specific case in an extremely close election where recounts were automatic and the outcome was not known. That specificity is what he didn't say, so you have to assume he is talking about the general case of not accepting the result of the election.
2016-10-20 10:21 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by ejshowers

Here are the results of the 4 scientific polls on who won the 2nd debate.

A "scientific" poll about who 'won' a debate is like a scientific poll asking, "Which tastes better, cheese burgers or pizza?"

I debated in college and there are objective ways to judge a debate....but we don't really have presidential 'debates'! We have a reporter asking the candidates questions and letting them respond for 2 minutes and we call it a debate. Trust me, it is not a real debate!
2016-10-20 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I like Joe.....

“This is just an example of the media finding something they can absolutely freak out about,” Scarborough said of Trump’s waviness on accepting the election results, should he lose. “It’s just another example of the media having to find a little phrase and freak out.”

“As a Republican, I have listened to Democrats talking about the only two times we won the White House in like 800 years, we stole both elections,” he continued. “I had to sit through Farrenheit 911, and a lady sobbing violently behind me on the Upper West Side about the election being stolen for George Bush.”

“Democrats have been lying for 16 years, they’re still writing articles about how Bush stole the elections in 2000 and 2004, so this holier-than-thou attitude about ‘oh, this is the first time that the election is not a sacrosanct process,’ it’s a joke,” the former Florida congressman explained. “You guys bathe in that hypocrisy if you want to, I’d just like to hear how the debate went.”

2016-10-20 10:38 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
So I've been reading all the media obituaries about Trump....it's over, the gig is up, she show is done.....etc

If this narrative keeps up for the next couple of weeks it will greatly suppress the vote with Trump supporters seeing no reason to vote and Clinton supporters assuming it's done deal.

So who does low voter turn out favor and why?

2016-10-20 11:02 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Gary Johnson

What did we hear last night?

Obama saved the economy, or Obama killed the economy, but we’ll both keep increasing the debt.

They both say they believe in free trade, but not the policies that will allow it.

They will both reform taxes by continuing the tinkering to pick winners and losers. They might change the winners and losers, but they’ll still pick them.

The option of a tax code that doesn’t manipulate us isn’t on the table. 

On entitlements, once again, the politicians are afraid to tell the truth. Let’s just duck it for another couple of weeks and then it won’t be a problem for us.

But even more fundamentally, they had an entire discussion about ‘fitness for office’, and the responses amounted to which candidate is the real criminal.

America deserves better. The two-party duopoly has brought us here. It’s time to try another way.
2016-10-20 11:09 AM

User image

Chicago, IL

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'. The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)? The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

The 2000 election is an utterly false analogy. The fact that the right-wing regurgitate it demonstrates their inability to understand what Trump implied.

The 2000 Presidential Election: Florida was declared by several news agencies to have gone the way of Bush. Gore conceded based on this. However, when the final count was complete, the ballots were separated by 1/100th of 1%. Less than 600 votes among almost 6,000,000 ballots cast.
Quite rightly, Gore withdrew his concession, to ensure that the rightful winner takes office. This is demanded by our democracy. What later transpired, with the recounts, hanging chads, etc...further muddied the waters, and a number of submitted ballots were unclear or open to interpretation. A judgement by SCOTUS was necessary.

Now, back to last night. What Trump implied is that he's not willing to accept the democratic and peaceful transfer of power. Akin to a call to arms among his followers when he inevitably loses.
When posed the question, I half expected something along the lines of what he said, since Trump has a personality disorder which prevents his from recognizing his own shortcomings. Still, it didn't make what he said any less shocking.

20 days, 10 hours, and 51 minutes to go.

2016-10-20 11:34 AM

User image

Chicago, IL

Man, the bar is low.

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'. The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)? The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

Oh, and regarding your assertion of widespread voter fraud.
A study by a professor at Loyola Law School found 31 confirmed cases of voter fraud in over 1,000,000,000 ballots cast between2000 and 2014.

I'm not sure "widespread" is appropriate. More like "freakishly rare".

Although, now I think about it, I guess it fits with the right-wing paranoia that "radical Islam is sweeping across the US".

2016-10-20 11:42 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

The 2000 election is an utterly false analogy. The fact that the right-wing regurgitate it demonstrates their inability to understand what Trump implied.

The 2000 Presidential Election: Florida was declared by several news agencies to have gone the way of Bush. Gore conceded based on this. However, when the final count was complete, the ballots were separated by 1/100th of 1%. Less than 600 votes among almost 6,000,000 ballots cast.
Quite rightly, Gore withdrew his concession, to ensure that the rightful winner takes office. This is demanded by our democracy. What later transpired, with the recounts, hanging chads, etc...further muddied the waters, and a number of submitted ballots were unclear or open to interpretation. A judgement by SCOTUS was necessary.

Now, back to last night. What Trump implied is that he's not willing to accept the democratic and peaceful transfer of power. Akin to a call to arms among his followers when he inevitably loses.
When posed the question, I half expected something along the lines of what he said, since Trump has a personality disorder which prevents his from recognizing his own shortcomings. Still, it didn't make what he said any less shocking.

20 days, 10 hours, and 51 minutes to go.

No sir. He did not imply that, you inferred that. Trump, like most open minded people, have been reading numerous reports about widespread voter fraud and how the media is in cahoots with the Clinton camp feeding the information and biased reporting.

People are getting all sanctimonious and self-righteous about what a perfect system of democracy we have and how fair our elections are. I say BS! I say the sheeple are manipulated by the media and the media is extremely biased to the left.

Trump is right not to bow down and make pledges that violate his beliefs. We seen numerous reports on how the DNC was cheated against Bernie. The head of the DNC had to resign over it. But now the DNC wants to put their halos on with naïve figure to the cheek say "How dare anyone question the integrity of US elections."

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2687 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1278 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6146 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1603 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.