of 76

2016-11-30 2:05 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by spudone

One thing I've learned over the years is that being rich doesn't make people less interested in enriching themselves.  In fact it is often the opposite.

There's definitely some truth to that.

I always like the meme's on Trump that say in one way or another that he's the first President our history who is going to be taking a step down in lifestyle in order to serve as President. lol

2016-11-30 2:21 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California

Originally posted by tuwood

One thing I've learned over the years is that being rich doesn't make people less interested in enriching themselves.  In fact it is often the opposite.

There's definitely some truth to that.

I always like the meme's on Trump that say in one way or another that he's the first President our history who is going to be taking a step down in lifestyle in order to serve as President. lol

Funny but not really the *only* one.  Kennedy was pretty freakin rich.  And a lot of the founding fathers were worth a lot if you correct for inflation.

2016-11-30 2:23 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I struggle with this. I am somewhat rich and I think I am rich enough....my wife, a fiscally conservative farmer's daughter from western NE, is a little less sure we are rich.

I have saved 20% of my gross income for 30 years and have a nice nest egg as well as a pension. At some point in life we have to ask ourselves "when is enough, enough?" When do you have enough toys, a nice enough house, as nice enough car and enough saved to live a modest life? Maybe it's time to give back....build houses for habitat for humanity, work at the downtown rescue mission....or take a job just for fun like driving the Zamboni at hockey games.
2016-11-30 2:25 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Dems reelect the dingbat from CA.....they seriously just don't get it.

When you find yourself in a hole:

1. Stop digging!

2. Do the one thing that will save you, THINK
2016-11-30 2:34 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Hey LB, you will he excited to hear that Sarah Palin is under consideration for the director Veteran's Affairs.
2016-11-30 2:37 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio

I struggle with this. I am somewhat rich and I think I am rich enough....my wife, a fiscally conservative farmer's daughter from western NE, is a little less sure we are rich. I have saved 20% of my gross income for 30 years and have a nice nest egg as well as a pension. At some point in life we have to ask ourselves "when is enough, enough?" When do you have enough toys, a nice enough house, as nice enough car and enough saved to live a modest life? Maybe it's time to give back....build houses for habitat for humanity, work at the downtown rescue mission....or take a job just for fun like driving the Zamboni at hockey games.

We were getting close, and then I bought a new plane...  It will be here in February.  lol
Now I need to make a lot more money  

2016-11-30 2:39 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Hey LB, you will he excited to hear that Sarah Palin is under consideration for the director Veteran's Affairs.

Hmm, because she can see the VA from her house?  haha, figured I would go there before somebody else did.

I'm probably one of the few people who still likes her and this one doesn't make much sense to me.  I don't recall any of her experience being related to veterans or even medical related stuff.  oh well, we'll see.
She is a pitbull with lipstick though so maybe she'd wreck shop on the bureaucracy.

2016-11-30 2:55 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I struggle with this. I am somewhat rich and I think I am rich enough....my wife, a fiscally conservative farmer's daughter from western NE, is a little less sure we are rich. I have saved 20% of my gross income for 30 years and have a nice nest egg as well as a pension. At some point in life we have to ask ourselves "when is enough, enough?" When do you have enough toys, a nice enough house, as nice enough car and enough saved to live a modest life? Maybe it's time to give back....build houses for habitat for humanity, work at the downtown rescue mission....or take a job just for fun like driving the Zamboni at hockey games.

We were getting close, and then I bought a new plane...  It will be here in February.  lol

That is the temptation. A couple of years ago we found ourselves completely debt free...the I bought a Raptor....and new JD tractor.....and a Harley....and Motorhome.....and two 1926 Dodge Brothers Coupes.

Which is why I want to retire! It's too easy to spend money when you working and making money....

My wife's concern is I will retire and continue spending like a drunken democrat.....I mean sailor.
2016-11-30 3:14 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

That is the temptation. A couple of years ago we found ourselves completely debt free...the I bought a Raptor....and new JD tractor.....and a Harley....and Motorhome.....and two 1926 Dodge Brothers Coupes. Which is why I want to retire! It's too easy to spend money when you working and making money.... My wife's concern is I will retire and continue spending like a drunken democrat.....I mean sailor.

As a former drunken sailor I can say we don't hold a candle to a drunken democrat (politician)

2016-11-30 3:18 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio Hey LB, you will he excited to hear that Sarah Palin is under consideration for the director Veteran's Affairs.

Well hell, as much as this country has forked over veterans who need help, they might as well give the dumbest person in politics the chance to completely destroy any chances of the VA being worth a damn.

2016-11-30 3:31 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

Well hell, as much as this country has forked over veterans who need help, they might as well give the dumbest person in politics the chance to completely destroy any chances of the VA being worth a damn.

I think your pinup girl Nancy Pelosi would give her a run for her money on being the dumbest. 

2016-11-30 3:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I think your pinup girl Nancy Pelosi would give her a run for her money on being the dumbest. 

I checked.......there is no one named Nancy Pelosi anywhere in my world, so I have no idea who you are talking about. 

Honestly.......I could never hit a woman.  I'd rather take a beating then do that.  So it's important for Nancy Pelosi to stay away from me so that I can keep my record in tact.  I'd like to knock that idiot out.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-11-30 3:36 PM
2016-11-30 6:59 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I checked.......there is no one named Nancy Pelosi anywhere in my world, so I have no idea who you are talking about. 

Honestly.......I could never hit a woman.  I'd rather take a beating then do that.  So it's important for Nancy Pelosi to stay away from me so that I can keep my record in tact.  I'd like to knock that idiot out.

The good news is that the reelection of Pelosi shows the Dems are doubling down on extreme left versus coming to the center where the country is.  Yay for Trump.  8 years of DJT, then 8 years of DJTjr, then 8 years of Ivanka, then, then, (how many kids does he have?)

2016-11-30 7:14 PM

Master
, California

The good news is that the reelection of Pelosi shows the Dems are doubling down on extreme left versus coming to the center where the country is.  Yay for Trump.  8 years of DJT, then 8 years of DJTjr, then 8 years of Ivanka, then, then, (how many kids does he have?)

Dude if you think the current administration is the center you need to lighten up on the kool-aid.

2016-11-30 7:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Dude if you think the current administration is the center you need to lighten up on the kool-aid.

No question Obama ran things from the far left, and as much as I hated it I'm actually quite grateful because it let America see what those policies do to an economy and society.
Now in comparison we will have Trump who (hopefully) will run his government from a conservative standpoint and in 8 years we can compare and contrast which is better.
In the past we had the different parties who both ran so close to the middle that it was hard to really see economic policies effect.  What's better, trickle down economics or trickle down government?  We know trickle down government isn't working so now lets see how trickle down economics does.

2016-11-30 9:02 PM

Master
, California

No question Obama ran things from the far left, and as much as I hated it I'm actually quite grateful because it let America see what those policies do to an economy and society.
Now in comparison we will have Trump who (hopefully) will run his government from a conservative standpoint and in 8 years we can compare and contrast which is better.
In the past we had the different parties who both ran so close to the middle that it was hard to really see economic policies effect.  What's better, trickle down economics or trickle down government?  We know trickle down government isn't working so now lets see how trickle down economics does.

It'll enrich the rich and increase the debt just like it always does.

2016-11-30 10:08 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

you're close, it will enrich everyone but the jury is out on the debt.  The debt will go up the first year, but I like the overseas 10% repatriation holiday to offset the year one losses.  Then the economy has to grow in order for revenues to increase and the deficit to be covered.

If every single customer I have has a net increase in bottom line of 15% due to the business tax cuts then my business is going to explode like never before.  Multiply that times hundreds of thousands or millions of companies.  That is how you kick start an economy and fast.

Obama ran the deficit up almost $10T and none of that went to the regular folks.  Our taxes all went up and business taxes went up.  My business has been starved for years and we've grown in spite of the policies not because of them.  I'm looking forward to giving you guys a first person anectotal view into how things go (good or bad)

Edited by tuwood 2016-11-30 10:08 PM
2016-11-30 10:19 PM

User image

Pro

you're close, it will enrich everyone but the jury is out on the debt.  The debt will go up the first year, but I like the overseas 10% repatriation holiday to offset the year one losses.  Then the economy has to grow in order for revenues to increase and the deficit to be covered.

If every single customer I have has a net increase in bottom line of 15% due to the business tax cuts then my business is going to explode like never before.  Multiply that times hundreds of thousands or millions of companies.  That is how you kick start an economy and fast.

Obama ran the deficit up almost $10T and none of that went to the regular folks.  Our taxes all went up and business taxes went up.  My business has been starved for years and we've grown in spite of the policies not because of them.  I'm looking forward to giving you guys a first person anectotal view into how things go (good or bad)

Bro, I'll settle for a ride in the new plane. You gonna need security??
2016-11-30 10:55 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Heck yeah. It's a quick flight over there
2016-12-01 9:47 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

He will need an engineering department too.....how big is this plane?

I will be your Scotty...."Ah cant do it captain...the dilithium crystals won't hold up...." But then I'd deliver anyway and be a hero.

2016-12-01 3:25 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

He will need an engineering department too.....how big is this plane? I will be your Scotty...."Ah cant do it captain...the dilithium crystals won't hold up...." But then I'd deliver anyway and be a hero.

Seats 5, but there is a weight limit.  All us washed up triathletes might be pushing it. 

2016-12-01 4:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

He will need an engineering department too.....how big is this plane? I will be your Scotty...."Ah cant do it captain...the dilithium crystals won't hold up...." But then I'd deliver anyway and be a hero.

Seats 5, but there is a weight limit.  All us washed up triathletes might be pushing it. 

doh! Hey, I resemble that.

Edited by Rogillio 2016-12-01 4:17 PM
2016-12-01 4:22 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Trump names Mattis as SoD ending the Petraeus speculation.

I didn't know much about Mattis beforehand, but he seems like a solid pick. The thing I liked about him that I read was that he "speaks truth to everyone, and would certainly speak truth to the President." With someone as inexperienced and volatile as Trump, it's important to have people around who aren't afraid to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It sounds like there will need to be special legislation passed by Congress because there is a law that that defense secretaries must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years since, strictly speaking, SoD is supposed to be a civilian role.
2016-12-01 4:25 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Trump names Mattis as SoD ending the Petraeus speculation. I didn't know much about Mattis beforehand, but he seems like a solid pick. The thing I liked about him that I read was that he "speaks truth to everyone, and would certainly speak truth to the President." With someone as inexperienced and volatile as Trump, it's important to have people around who aren't afraid to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. It sounds like there will need to be special legislation passed by Congress because there is a law that that defense secretaries must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years since, strictly speaking, SoD is supposed to be a civilian role.

Hey, whatever it takes to get you to be ok with a nomination I'll take it. 

I like him because his nick name is "Mad Dog".  I mean, what more could you want out of the person running our defense department.

As for Patraeus, I thought he was in the running for SoS and not SoD.

2016-12-01 10:20 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Trump names Mattis as SoD ending the Petraeus speculation. I didn't know much about Mattis beforehand, but he seems like a solid pick. The thing I liked about him that I read was that he "speaks truth to everyone, and would certainly speak truth to the President." With someone as inexperienced and volatile as Trump, it's important to have people around who aren't afraid to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. It sounds like there will need to be special legislation passed by Congress because there is a law that that defense secretaries must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years since, strictly speaking, SoD is supposed to be a civilian role.

Hey, whatever it takes to get you to be ok with a nomination I'll take it. 

I like him because his nick name is "Mad Dog".  I mean, what more could you want out of the person running our defense department.

As for Patraeus, I thought he was in the running for SoS and not SoD.

You're right about Petraeus-my mistake.

I like Mattis' other nickname, "the Warrior Monk" better. All I want is for Trump to nominate people who put the best interests of the country ahead of their own. Mattis seems about as no-nonsense as you can get.

I do a lot of leadership training in my work, and one of the things I say all the time is, "If you and your boss agree on everything, then one of you is not of use." Trump's inexperience, regardless of your opinion of him, is unquestionably a liability. He does himself no favors by surrounding himself with people who will "yes" him to,death. Mattis seems like the kind of guy who'll tell Trump the truth instead of what he thinks he wants to hear.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1184 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2675 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1274 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6118 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1600 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.