in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Election 2016
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Rogillio I think Trump destroyed her! I suspect the left think Hillary won. Certainly Trump supporters saw what they wanted to see. He was focused and avoided the bait. Several time she threw out the bait in well rehearsed spiels and he just ignored them. It was nice to hear some differences in opinion such as Hillary's support of late term abortion....which just makes me cringe.

I love that Trump not acting like a belligerent idiot (which is very arguable) is considered a Trump victory.
Man, the bar is low.

There were portions of the debate which were relatively evenly matched. Although Trump did himself no favors acting childish with his repeated statements of "wrong, wrong...".
But, and it's a profound but, literally the only thing anyone will remember from the 3rd debate will be Trump's refusal to accept the outcome of the election.
That's it. Nothing else. Game over. Game, set, match. Put a bow on it. Stick a fork in it.

That moment will be looked back upon on November 9th as the moment the odds of a Trump Presidency became insurmountable.
Granted, I've been of the belief that he's unelectable for many months, but it finally seems like the overwhelming majority of the American populous is reaching the same conclusion.

20 days, 12 hours, and 40 minutes to go.

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'. The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)? The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

Oh, and regarding your assertion of widespread voter fraud.
A study by a professor at Loyola Law School found 31 confirmed cases of voter fraud in over 1,000,000,000 ballots cast between2000 and 2014.

I'm not sure "widespread" is appropriate. More like "freakishly rare".

Although, now I think about it, I guess it fits with the right-wing paranoia that "radical Islam is sweeping across the US".

This broke a few days ago

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/arti...

Not so rare....rare that it is caught maybe.....not with trillions of dollars at stake and leader of the free world being elected it would be naïve to think there is no voter fraud.

2016-10-20 11:49 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
2016-10-20 11:58 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
https://conservativedailypost.com/commissioner-of-battleground-state...

Seriously, you don't have to look hard....but at least look.

Trump is no fool and he is not going to concede that the election is not rigged. The media fix is in. The DNC will do/say anything.....including sending operatives to Trump rallies to start violence. Have you no read anything the last few weeks?
2016-10-20 12:17 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio https://conservativedailypost.com/commissioner-of-battleground-state... Seriously, you don't have to look hard....but at least look. Trump is no fool and he is not going to concede that the election is not rigged. The media fix is in. The DNC will do/say anything.....including sending operatives to Trump rallies to start violence. Have you no read anything the last few weeks?

Seriously you guys need to quit conflating media bias with election fraud.  They are not the same thing at all.

2016-10-20 12:40 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by Rogillio https://conservativedailypost.com/commissioner-of-battleground-state... Seriously, you don't have to look hard....but at least look. Trump is no fool and he is not going to concede that the election is not rigged. The media fix is in. The DNC will do/say anything.....including sending operatives to Trump rallies to start violence. Have you no read anything the last few weeks?

Seriously you guys need to quit conflating media bias with election fraud.  They are not the same thing at all.

Correct. But both fraud and media bias speak to the illegitimacy of the election. Donna Braselton was feeding Clinton information from CNN telling her what questions were gonna be asked in a town hall meeting with Clinton. That may not be fraud but it's just wrong. If everyday the media reports on some random woman claiming Trump touched her boob but they don't report on the quid pro quo email between the State Dept and FBI that had ties to Benghazi then you are violating the trust and abusing the special privileges the media has.

At least now the sheeple have other sources of information.....social media and the internet has mad it harder to cover things up. But the stories the media push is totally at their discretion.
2016-10-20 12:44 PM

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
First, I'm not American, and so my opinion really doesn't matter. But observing from the outside, this election has been a difficult one to watch. You probably have two of the worst candidates you can get running for President. You have Trump, (and I don't need to elaborate here), or you have Clinton, who is under investigation by the FBI and yet, she is still able to run for President. This in itself is baffling to me.

In the debate aired last night, Trump seemed to speak to the people, to his followers. He wasn't reading from a piece of paper, his answers didn't seem rehearsed, whereas Clinton seemed to be reading from her notes, and had rehearsed every single answer and jab she could throw in there, and that smile! I was actually put off by it. In my opinion, despite some of the really stupid things Trump said, I think he did better last night than he did in any of his other debates thus far.

It will be interesting to see how the election pans out. I think in Canada, they are covering the American election more than our own. How funny is that?! I In the end, with all the crap aside, all the allegations and garage put on the table through media, the allegations of groping etc (which, given the information I have, have never been proven in court, and they didn't come to the surface until Trump was actually doing well in the polls and deemed a threat..hmmmm), the question will be, does America want to remain on the same path as it is right now, or does America want a change?

Time will tell. We will all be watching from the North.

Edited by RunnyBunny 2016-10-20 12:56 PM

2016-10-20 12:52 PM
in reply to: RunnyBunny

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by RunnyBunny

First, I'm not American, and so my opinion really doesn't matter. But observing from the outside, this election has been a difficult one to watch. You probably have two of the worst candidates you can get running for President. You have Trump, (and I don't need to elaborate here), or you have Clinton, who is under investigation by the FBI and yet she is still actually able to run for President. This in itself is baffling to me.

It will be interesting to see how the election pans out. I think in Canada, they are covering the American election more than our own. How funny is that?! I In the end, with all the crap aside, all the allegations and garage put on the table through media, the allegations of groping etc, the question will be, does America want to remain on the same path as it is right now, or does America want a change?

Time will tell. We will all be watching from the North.

I hope you are right and most people vote for change. If that happens, Trump wins in a landslide.

Interesting to note that 2 weeks before the Carter/Reagan election, Carter was up by 10 points.....and lost in huge landslide!
2016-10-20 2:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I guess the controversy is over now because Trump clarified his position this morning.  He said he will 100% accept the results of the election when he wins.   

2016-10-20 4:07 PM

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Rogillio I think Trump destroyed her! I suspect the left think Hillary won. Certainly Trump supporters saw what they wanted to see. He was focused and avoided the bait. Several time she threw out the bait in well rehearsed spiels and he just ignored them. It was nice to hear some differences in opinion such as Hillary's support of late term abortion....which just makes me cringe.

I love that Trump not acting like a belligerent idiot (which is very arguable) is considered a Trump victory.
Man, the bar is low.

There were portions of the debate which were relatively evenly matched. Although Trump did himself no favors acting childish with his repeated statements of "wrong, wrong...".
But, and it's a profound but, literally the only thing anyone will remember from the 3rd debate will be Trump's refusal to accept the outcome of the election.
That's it. Nothing else. Game over. Game, set, match. Put a bow on it. Stick a fork in it.

That moment will be looked back upon on November 9th as the moment the odds of a Trump Presidency became insurmountable.
Granted, I've been of the belief that he's unelectable for many months, but it finally seems like the overwhelming majority of the American populous is reaching the same conclusion.

20 days, 12 hours, and 40 minutes to go.

That is certainly the media spin. But let's be real......did Algore accept the election results or did the SCOTUS have to convince him? To this day there are many that say the election of GWB was illegitimate. To this day people claim GWB 'stole the election'. The question is, why would ANYONE accept the results of an election that hasn't happened yet when there are numerous current news reports of widespread voter fraud. Should we all just put our collective heads in the sand and said we will accept the results (even if it is proven that voting systems were hacked)? The thing that I will remember about this debate is Hillary's support of late term abortion.

Oh, and regarding your assertion of widespread voter fraud.
A study by a professor at Loyola Law School found 31 confirmed cases of voter fraud in over 1,000,000,000 ballots cast between2000 and 2014.

I'm not sure "widespread" is appropriate. More like "freakishly rare".

Although, now I think about it, I guess it fits with the right-wing paranoia that "radical Islam is sweeping across the US".

This broke a few days ago http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/arti... Not so rare....rare that it is caught maybe.....not with trillions of dollars at stake and leader of the free world being elected it would be naïve to think there is no voter fraud.

This "broke"???????

Have you actually read the article?
It states that there may or may not be an investigation into the potential threat of voter fraud via mail-in ballots. Nobody would confirm or deny that an investigation was taking place.

Man, there's 20 days, 5 hours, and 57 minutes to go, and already the right are feverishly looking for a scapegoat to blame the failure of their chosen candidate.
Fortunately, Trump is sush a terrible candidate, the election will be a landslide victory for the Dems, preventing any argument from the right-wingers.

2016-10-20 8:26 PM

User image

Pro

I'm just about out of this fight because I'm just going to hold my nose and vote against Clinton........but Ive got to say......are the democrats in this country, and on this board, serious when they rail against Trump for his comments on the election maybe being rigged, voter fraud, and accepting the outcome of the election no matter what?  SERIOUSLY?????

Folks, look, I'm more than willing to call a spade a spade with Trump......but for the last 20 years I've been reading about possible voter fraud and rigged elections......AND EVERY TIME IT HAS BEEN BY DEMOCRATS!!!!!  For f-sakes .......go back and look at the comments during the 2000 and 2004 elections.  And go back and look at how Al Gore pushed his refusal to make a concession speech to 30 some odd days......and only gave up when the Supreme Court ruled against him.  If I remember correctly......he was a DEMOCRAT.  I don't know a democrat who still doesn't say Bush stole the election.

You all are really reaching on this one.....and for the record, I don't see how a national election can be rigged enough to make a difference either way.....but ya'll need to shut up.....you sound ridiculous....and wildly hypocritical.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-20 8:27 PM
2016-10-21 8:23 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

I'm just about out of this fight because I'm just going to hold my nose and vote against Clinton........but Ive got to say......are the democrats in this country, and on this board, serious when they rail against Trump for his comments on the election maybe being rigged, voter fraud, and accepting the outcome of the election no matter what?  SERIOUSLY?????

Folks, look, I'm more than willing to call a spade a spade with Trump......but for the last 20 years I've been reading about possible voter fraud and rigged elections......AND EVERY TIME IT HAS BEEN BY DEMOCRATS!!!!!  For f-sakes .......go back and look at the comments during the 2000 and 2004 elections.  And go back and look at how Al Gore pushed his refusal to make a concession speech to 30 some odd days......and only gave up when the Supreme Court ruled against him.  If I remember correctly......he was a DEMOCRAT.  I don't know a democrat who still doesn't say Bush stole the election.

You all are really reaching on this one.....and for the record, I don't see how a national election can be rigged enough to make a difference either way.....but ya'll need to shut up.....you sound ridiculous....and wildly hypocritical.

It's funny that Trump gets so much crap for mentioning that things are rigged.  I guess he's the only one who does it though?  Oh wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yZqsDUbKI

2016-10-21 9:03 AM

User image

Chicago, IL

Do everyone a solid and go back and look at my comment regarding the 2000 election.
It is a completely false analogy with what Trump implied.

2016-10-21 10:25 AM

User image

Pro

Do everyone a solid and go back and look at my comment regarding the 2000 election.
It is a completely false analogy with what Trump implied.

Nah.....do me a favor and stop with the one sided stupid crap.  I don't know how many times I've read your silly comments about the Trump followers being paranoid and thinking there is a civil war coming and blah,blah,blah.  In my world I hear it constantly......funny thing is I only hear it from the BLM movement and their hanger-ons, the dread lock wearing white goofball liberal anarchists, and the right wing militia idiots.  The point being there is plenty of stupid paranoia to go around......and constantly blaming the right would be as dumb as me saying the whole problem is with the liberals.

If I were king for a day I'd take the 20% on both ends of the liberal/conservative scale and throw them off a damn cliff......then we could all find some solutions, and go on with our lives, without being bombarded by nut jobs.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-21 10:37 AM
2016-10-21 10:45 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

It's funny that Trump gets so much crap for mentioning that things are rigged.  I guess he's the only one who does it though?  Oh wait...

Damn Tony......I choked on my toast laughing.

2016-10-21 10:48 AM

User image

Oakville

If the votes are in and Clinton and Trump are in a dead heat and the margin in a State(s) triggers an automatic recount, then I agree with you that the Democrats would be hypocritical to criticize Trump (assuming he was on the losing end) for waiting for the automatic recount process to be finished before he conceded.  Hell, I would think that any State with a voting margin of less than 0.5% would be fair game and reasonable for either candidate to petition a recount.

But if Trump (or Hillary for that matter) loses soundly by a healthy margin and blames the system as rigged, that is just wrong (and possibly criminal).

2016-10-21 10:52 AM

User image

Oakville

To be fair, all of the quotes are referring to Washington generally as a rigged system that is controlled by Wall Street and lobbyists.  Isn't that basically the core of Trump's campaign?

As far as I know, no Democrat has suggested that the electoral process is rigged before voting even takes place.

2016-10-21 11:00 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Scott71

To be fair, all of the quotes are referring to Washington generally as a rigged system that is controlled by Wall Street and lobbyists.  Isn't that basically the core of Trump's campaign?

As far as I know, no Democrat has suggested that the electoral process is rigged before voting even takes place.

Dude, come to St. Louis.  Wait......do yourself a favor and don't.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-21 11:05 AM
2016-10-21 11:11 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Scott71

If the votes are in and Clinton and Trump are in a dead heat and the margin in a State(s) triggers an automatic recount, then I agree with you that the Democrats would be hypocritical to criticize Trump (assuming he was on the losing end) for waiting for the automatic recount process to be finished before he conceded.  Hell, I would think that any State with a voting margin of less than 0.5% would be fair game and reasonable for either candidate to petition a recount.

But if Trump (or Hillary for that matter) loses soundly by a healthy margin and blames the system as rigged, that is just wrong (and possibly criminal).

I'd forego wrong and criminal and just line up for stupid.  (and the way this campaign has gone it would be a long line)

2016-10-21 4:04 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Not every time. 

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/14/shocker-republican-activist-charged-eleven-counts-voter-fraud/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/republicans-test-for-voting-fraud-wind-up-in-custody

http://addictinginfo.org/2013/06/21/shocker-republicans-account-for-most-cases-of-u-s-voter-fraud/

2016-10-21 4:22 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

One of my friends is a hyper right wing guy (ok, crazy right wing) and he was railing on about voter fraud today when I talked to him.  I told him that the hackers were on our side this time around so it's all good.  He started to smile and said... you're right...

Hey, just trying to do my part to keep the crazies under control.   

2016-10-21 9:12 PM

User image

Pro

This is the only Brit who makes any sense to me.

http://t.co/zHT2kamcA3?ssr=true

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-21 9:14 PM

2016-10-21 9:25 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro

Originally posted by crowny2

Not every time. 

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/14/shocker-republican-activist-charged-eleven-counts-voter-fraud/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/republicans-test-for-voting-fraud-wind-up-in-custody

http://addictinginfo.org/2013/06/21/shocker-republicans-account-for-most-cases-of-u-s-voter-fraud/

Eh.....my bad....typed faster then my brain. I realize Republicans AND Democrats can and do try to play with election results......my point was that up until now the only ones I ever heard or read about who were complaining were Dems.......now Trump does it and it's a big story.  It's not a story at all.....it's more ridiculousness.

It's like Dems calling Trump a liar..........bwaaaaaaahahahaha!!!  It's beyond laughable.  Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, actually said she didn't know what the "C" stood for on some emails.  I don't care if ya'll call Trump a liar.....just call Hillary one too.  i don't care if ya'll complain about Trump saying elections could be rigged, just remember and point out when the Dems did the same thing. 

I just find the double standard.....ON BOTH SIDES...to be ridiculously crazy.  There can be no right thinking person (no pun intended) who doesn't see it.

2016-10-21 9:52 PM

User image

Elite

Not every time. 

Eh.....my bad....typed faster then my brain. I realize Republicans AND Democrats can and do try to play with election results......my point was that up until now the only ones I ever heard or read about who were complaining were Dems.......now Trump does it and it's a big story.  It's not a story at all.....it's more ridiculousness.

It's like Dems calling Trump a liar..........bwaaaaaaahahahaha!!!  It's beyond laughable.  Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, actually said she didn't know what the "C" stood for on some emails.  I don't care if ya'll call Trump a liar.....just call Hillary one too.  i don't care if ya'll complain about Trump saying elections could be rigged, just remember and point out when the Dems did the same thing. 

I just find the double standard.....ON BOTH SIDES...to be ridiculously crazy.  There can be no right thinking person (no pun intended) who doesn't see it.

Hey man, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel comfortable with this guy anywhere near the nuclear launch codes...apparently, you've got some insider information on how he develops thicker skin, doesn't get baited into conflicts, and doesn't fly all over the place changing his positions on a whim.
Back in '04 Kerry was pegged as a flip-flopper. Are you and all the other Trump supporters not seeing the irony here? Nobody in the history of politics has flipped more flops than this joker.

btw, where are those promised tax returns Donald? Oh yeah, he took that back.
Hey Donald, what about vowing to respect the results of the election? Oh yeah, he took that one back too.
Glass half-full though, since he just pulls this stuff out of his butt on a whim any given day, it could change back the next time he's having a twitter-war with someone who criticized him on The View.

2016-10-21 9:57 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Not every time. 

Hey man, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel comfortable with this guy anywhere near the nuclear launch codes...apparently, you've got some insider information on how he develops thicker skin, doesn't get baited into conflicts, and doesn't fly all over the place changing his positions on a whim. Back in '04 Kerry was pegged as a flip-flopper. Are you and all the other Trump supporters not seeing the irony here? Nobody in the history of politics has flipped more flops than this joker. btw, where are those promised tax returns Donald? Oh yeah, he took that back. Hey Donald, what about vowing to respect the results of the election? Oh yeah, he took that one back too. Glass half-full though, since he just pulls this stuff out of his butt on a whim any given day, it could change back the next time he's having a twitter-war with someone who criticized him on The View.

It's so cute how you bag on Trump and don't see any of the unstable and reckless tendencies of your girl.

2016-10-21 10:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2685 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1278 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6144 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1603 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.