Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by tuwood

This is an interesting article for me.  Hillary's big experience claim is that she has international experience and understands the world out there (paraphrasing).  It seems as though, at least in the case of Egypt, they don't agree that she's doing a very good job.
I know in Syria, we seem to be supporting the bad guys and I guess Egypt feels we're doing the same there.  I hadn't even heard about us supporting the brotherhood before so I don't know what the context of that is.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/21/exclusive-egyptian-leaders-praise-donald-trump-blast-hillary-clinton-after-president-el-sisi-meets-with-both-candidates/

Well shoot, you won me over. If dictator President Putin, dictator Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, and now dictator President Sisi have all heaped praise on Trump, then he must be the best candidate to lead the free world. On a side note, I'm starting to understand how he was able to guarantee that he'll get over 95% of the African American vote in 2020. Dictators Real leaders have a way of pulling those kinds of numbers.  

You know he's already won when you and the rest of Hillary's supporters can do nothing more than attack him personally.
Hillary and Obama's policies and track records are indefensible.
Trumps policies are in line with what Americans want.

Game, Set, Match

Yep, he's got his tiny finger on the pulse of Americans and despotic rulers.

(By the way, I'm a Johnson/Weld guy

dang it, just when I thought I finally found an illusive Hillary supporter.  :-P

Sorry to disappoint, you'll have to wait for dmiller to come back. Hillary (and pretty much everyone else Washington right now from both sides of the aisle) is like cancer, slowly but steadily killing our country. Trump would be like a massive heart attack. 

Trump would be like a massive heart attack....or might turn things around.....it is a gamble.  But one thing for sure, Clinton will be Obama 2.0  and would be just enough to collapse our economy.  I  am sick of politicians on both sides.  We gave both houses to the GOP and nothing changed...just more gridlock.  I blame that on the POTUS.  The president need to bring in leaders from both parties and stay in the room until they come up solutions. 

....you blame the president for the gridlock?  He isn't the one that brings bills to the floor, or votes on them.  That is your wonderful GOP controlled house and senate.

He has a complete lack of leadership and honestly he's downright childish at times.  When he had a full Democratic controlled congress he got a lot done because they were mostly in agreement on everything.  It's like a downhill bike race and very easy to work in that environment.

However, when the American people didn't like what the D's were doing and elected an R congress, he refused to change his tune and would still insist on everything he wanted versus compromise with the American people and congress.  He could have still found bi-partison things to work on and got them through, but to sit back and pout because the Republican controlled congress won't push through his ultra-Liberal agenda and even go so far as to abuse the executive order system to try and unilaterally push an agenda is really bad.

2016-09-22 1:56 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Election 2016

He could have still found bi-partisan things to work on and got them through

Yeah right.  See my previous post.

his ultra-Liberal agenda

Once again uhh... go look at someone like Bernie.  Obama's not even close to the far left wing of the party.

go so far as to abuse the executive order system to try and unilaterally push an agenda is really bad.

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/number-of-executive-orders-per-president/

Pretty middle of the road eh?

2016-09-22 1:59 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

This is an interesting article for me.  Hillary's big experience claim is that she has international experience and understands the world out there (paraphrasing).  It seems as though, at least in the case of Egypt, they don't agree that she's doing a very good job.
I know in Syria, we seem to be supporting the bad guys and I guess Egypt feels we're doing the same there.  I hadn't even heard about us supporting the brotherhood before so I don't know what the context of that is.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/21/exclusive-egyptian-leaders-praise-donald-trump-blast-hillary-clinton-after-president-el-sisi-meets-with-both-candidates/

Well shoot, you won me over. If dictator President Putin, dictator Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, and now dictator President Sisi have all heaped praise on Trump, then he must be the best candidate to lead the free world. On a side note, I'm starting to understand how he was able to guarantee that he'll get over 95% of the African American vote in 2020. Dictators Real leaders have a way of pulling those kinds of numbers.  

You know he's already won when you and the rest of Hillary's supporters can do nothing more than attack him personally.

Game, Set, Match

dang it, just when I thought I finally found an illusive Hillary supporter.  :-P

Sorry to disappoint, you'll have to wait for dmiller to come back. Hillary (and pretty much everyone else Washington right now from both sides of the aisle) is like cancer, slowly but steadily killing our country. Trump would be like a massive heart attack. 

Trump would be like a massive heart attack....or might turn things around.....it is a gamble.  But one thing for sure, Clinton will be Obama 2.0  and would be just enough to collapse our economy.  I  am sick of politicians on both sides.  We gave both houses to the GOP and nothing changed...just more gridlock.  I blame that on the POTUS.  The president need to bring in leaders from both parties and stay in the room until they come up solutions. 

....you blame the president for the gridlock?  He isn't the one that brings bills to the floor, or votes on them.  That is your wonderful GOP controlled house and senate.

He has a complete lack of leadership and honestly he's downright childish at times.  When he had a full Democratic controlled congress he got a lot done because they were mostly in agreement on everything.  It's like a downhill bike race and very easy to work in that environment.

However, when the American people didn't like what the D's were doing and elected an R congress, he refused to change his tune and would still insist on everything he wanted versus compromise with the American people and congress.  He could have still found bi-partison things to work on and got them through, but to sit back and pout because the Republican controlled congress won't push through his ultra-Liberal agenda and even go so far as to abuse the executive order system to try and unilaterally push an agenda is really bad.

You nailed it!!

2016-09-22 2:09 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by spudone

Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.

Like the idea for health care that's been pushed by Republicans many, many times before?

Let's face it, Obama was being stonewalled from the day he won office.  The Republicans in Congress even openly stated that their primary goal was to make sure he didn't get a 2nd term.  They made it *abundantly* clear there was no compromise to be found, regardless of any schmoozing.

Which republicans?  All of them?  LOL

There were lots of things that could have and should have been put in the ACA such as being able to buy insurance across state lines.  But the think that turned off most republican was being told they HAD to buy health insurance whether they wanted it or not.  Alito had to twist the law to save it buy calling it a tax not a penalty. 

Obama though he was the king and would get his way on everything.  He would not even talk to the Speaker of the House.  Newt said when he was Speaker he met regularly with Bill Clinton and they managed to get a lot done such as balanced budget and welfare reform.  But Obama refused to work with republicans and basically said 'republican are against me because I am black'.

2016-09-22 2:17 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.

Like the idea for health care that's been pushed by Republicans many, many times before?

Let's face it, Obama was being stonewalled from the day he won office.  The Republicans in Congress even openly stated that their primary goal was to make sure he didn't get a 2nd term.  They made it *abundantly* clear there was no compromise to be found, regardless of any schmoozing.

There were lots of things that could have and should have been put in the ACA such as being able to buy insurance across state lines.  But the think that turned off most republican was being told they HAD to buy health insurance whether they wanted it or not.  Alito had to twist the law to save it buy calling it a tax not a penalty. 

Obama though he was the king and would get his way on everything.  He would not even talk to the Speaker of the House.  Newt said when he was Speaker he met regularly with Bill Clinton and they managed to get a lot done such as balanced budget and welfare reform.  But Obama refused to work with republicans and basically said 'republican are against me because I am black'.

Nixon proposed basically the same thing back in 74 (with an employer mandate, btw), the Heritage Foundation and many congressional Republicans pushed another version in the early 90s and then Romney implemented one in his state, for starters.  For that entire timespan until Obama started, Democrats didn't want to involve insurance companies at all.  They wanted a single payer system unified under Medicare and Social Security.

On this issue, Obama moved TO THE RIGHT quite a bit and convinced his party to do it.  Then the Republicans drew a new line and said "no way".  (except for Chief Justice Roberts -- who I think you meant?)

Edited by spudone 2016-09-22 2:18 PM
2016-09-22 2:22 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

his ultra-Liberal agenda

Once again uhh... go look at someone like Bernie.  Obama's not even close to the far left wing of the party.

go so far as to abuse the executive order system to try and unilaterally push an agenda is really bad.

The argument is correct when it comes to raw numbers of executive orders, but when you look at the actual restrictive nature of the executive orders Obama has been unprecedented.

For example, you can't compare a Bush executive order to lower flags to half staff to Obama signing an order for stricter gun control barring thousands of Americans from the right to possess a gun.  (yes he did that)

2016-09-22 3:23 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

his ultra-Liberal agenda

The argument is correct when it comes to raw numbers of executive orders, but when you look at the actual restrictive nature of the executive orders Obama has been unprecedented.

For example, you can't compare a Bush executive order to lower flags to half staff to Obama signing an order for stricter gun control barring thousands of Americans from the right to possess a gun.  (yes he did that)

Could you compare it to the time Bush issued an executive order that allowed the NSA to conduct warrantless wiretaps on American citizens? (yes he did that)

2016-09-22 4:07 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Nixon proposed basically the same thing back in 74 (with an employer mandate, btw), the Heritage Foundation and many congressional Republicans pushed another version in the early 90s and then Romney implemented one in his state, for starters.  For that entire timespan until Obama started, Democrats didn't want to involve insurance companies at all.  They wanted a single payer system unified under Medicare and Social Security.

On this issue, Obama moved TO THE RIGHT quite a bit and convinced his party to do it.  Then the Republicans drew a new line and said "no way".  (except for Chief Justice Roberts -- who I think you meant?)

you are correct.  It was Roberts that bailed him out.  

there is a lot they could do to fix health care...starting with tort reform. 

Healthcare should not be a partisan issue.  it should have been solved in a bipartisan manner. 

2016-09-22 4:32 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/22/harry-reid-blocks-vote-on-animal-cruelty-bill/

This is is what gridlock/partisanship looks like.  And this is where leadership is needed.  Call Reed in on the carpet and tell him reps are not going to bail on the SCOTUS over this.  Pass what you can....you are not going to get everything you want. 

2016-09-22 4:42 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Whoa! I just saw my first positive POTUS campaign commercial.....Trump commercial with no mention of Clinton. 

2016-09-22 6:08 PM

User image

Elite

Game, Set, Match

I absolutely blame the POTUS for gridlock.  Congress has ALWAYS been partisan with congressmen on the left and the right who fundamentally disagree. It is the job of the leader to work with congress to get things passed.  So the POTUS did not bring Obamacare to the floor?  He had worked with congress then cutting backroom deals with democrats to get their support. If he were a real leader he would have gotten bi-partisian support.  You do this by having weekly meeting with both parties in the Oval office.  You do this by taking the other party leaders golfing or WH dinners.  Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.  Obama has zero leadership qualities.

• ..but he somehow got ObamaCare passed though, eh? He's either a weak and feckless leader, or he's the Chicago-style cut-throat politician who outmaneuvers the opposition at every turn. Which one is it haters? ...oops, forgot one more, militant Muslim bent on taking our country down from the inside of the White House! LOL

• It's absolutely hilarious to read the various posts talking about how Hillary will doom the economy...we are 8 years past the biggest economic meltdown this country's seen since the Great Depression, the market is up almost 200% since the bottom, unemployment hovers around 6%, we haven't had a 9/11 moment since '01.

If you believed half the things posted prior to '08 and '12, you'd think we'd be converting the Capitol into a Kremlin and waiting in lines at soup kitchens.
    Hilarious stuff.

• ..but then again, how can one argue with the brilliant strategy Trump has to "kick ISIS's A$$!" Oh yeah, what's the strategy? "I can't tell you, it's a secret. But oh is it a good strategy. Better than what the generals have thought of."
  • What a joke. Some people actually lap this stuff up.

2016-09-22 6:29 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Game, Set, Match

I absolutely blame the POTUS for gridlock.  Congress has ALWAYS been partisan with congressmen on the left and the right who fundamentally disagree. It is the job of the leader to work with congress to get things passed.  So the POTUS did not bring Obamacare to the floor?  He had worked with congress then cutting backroom deals with democrats to get their support. If he were a real leader he would have gotten bi-partisian support.  You do this by having weekly meeting with both parties in the Oval office.  You do this by taking the other party leaders golfing or WH dinners.  Leadership is about building relationships and building trust sometimes taking other people's ideas.  Obama has zero leadership qualities.

...but he somehow got ObamaCare passed though, eh? He's either a weak and feckless leader, or he's the Chicago-style cut-throat politician who outmaneuvers the opposition at every turn. Which one is it haters? ...oops, forgot one more, militant Muslim bent on taking our country down from the inside of the White House! LOL It's absolutely hilarious to read the various posts talking about how Hillary will doom the economy...we are 8 years past the biggest economic meltdown this country's seen since the Great Depression, the market is up almost 200% since the bottom, unemployment hovers around 6%, we haven't had a 9/11 moment since '01. If you believed half the things posted prior to '08 and '12, you'd think we'd be converting the Capitol into a Kremlin and waiting in lines at soup kitchens. Hilarious stuff. ...but then again, how can one argue with the brilliant strategy Trump has to "kick ISIS's A$$!" Oh yeah, what's the strategy? "I can't tell you, it's a secret. But oh is it a good strategy. Better than what the generals have thought of." What a joke. Some people actually lap this stuff up.

The question is, do enough of us deplorables lap this up to defeat the establishment. 

I will give even odds he does.  And if he doesn't win, it doesn't matter, this country is over.  We will collapse just like the Greeks.  Wait until the gubment can't pay welfare cheks and SSI......

2016-09-22 7:16 PM

User image

Pro

Game, Set, Match

...but he somehow got ObamaCare passed though, eh? He's either a weak and feckless leader, or he's the Chicago-style cut-throat politician who outmaneuvers the opposition at every turn. Which one is it haters? ...oops, forgot one more, militant Muslim bent on taking our country down from the inside of the White House! LOL It's absolutely hilarious to read the various posts talking about how Hillary will doom the economy...we are 8 years past the biggest economic meltdown this country's seen since the Great Depression, the market is up almost 200% since the bottom, unemployment hovers around 6%, we haven't had a 9/11 moment since '01. If you believed half the things posted prior to '08 and '12, you'd think we'd be converting the Capitol into a Kremlin and waiting in lines at soup kitchens. Hilarious stuff. ...but then again, how can one argue with the brilliant strategy Trump has to "kick ISIS's A$$!" Oh yeah, what's the strategy? "I can't tell you, it's a secret. But oh is it a good strategy. Better than what the generals have thought of." What a joke. Some people actually lap this stuff up.

The question is, do enough of us deplorables lap this up to defeat the establishment. 

I will give even odds he does.  And if he doesn't win, it doesn't matter, this country is over.  We will collapse just like the Greeks.  Wait until the gubment can't pay welfare cheks and SSI.

Then my family heads to the house in Nebraska......hunt and fish and grow food, and life goes on. It'll probably be more fun.

For what it's worth.....I don't think we are near collapse (actually far from it), but it's not like life will end if it all goes to hell in a hand basket.

2016-09-23 11:17 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
    Alabama

"The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature."

Trump should say, "I was told you have a custom-made podium to improve your stature.  You look very nice.  You should be able to look Kim Jong-un right in the eye using that podium."

Just having some fun.  Been a slow news days in politics.........

Edited by Rogillio 2016-09-23 11:18 AM
    2016-09-23 1:45 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Game, Set, Match

Wait, you mean Obama isn't a militant muslim planted to take down the country?   lol

In all seriousness no matter who wins the election the country will be just fine.  I kind of chuckle at the anti-Trumpers because they sound a lot like the anti-Obama folks the past 8 years.  "Country will be destroyed if Trump wins...   nooooo" 

2016-09-23 1:51 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Also on the economic "boom".  It's not an economic boom at all because the "recovery" is completely made up by the Fed injecting money from thin air into the economy.  QE was put in place to keep the economy from falling to where it should be based on our GDP.
    You can spin the numbers any way you want, but the economy has not recovered yet.

Now, will the economy become a smoking crater because of QE and the US become the mad max of roving anarchists from the collapse?  lol, no it won't.

When the government creates money out of thin air, they're actually just devaluing our currency nationally and globally.  QE and the printing of money has been the largest tax increase in the history of the US and it's also a tax increase on everybody no matter what their income level.  A homeless person buying a loaf of bread is impacted just like a gal buying a $10M yacht. 

With such a large tax increase on everyone the effects have continued to ripple across the economy and they will continue to for many years to come.  Those results are a depressed GDP and high unemployment.  I know the government tracks unemployment based on the numbers of people filing unemployment, but we all know the real number is a lot higher and at its highest level in a very very long time. 

2016-09-23 1:54 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

On a lighter note, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen form Hillary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrkPe-9rM1Q

I can't believe she did this, but I love that she was a good sport.

2016-09-23 3:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Maryland

On a lighter note, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen form Hillary:

how did Obama like his coffee? like he is?......weak?

2016-09-23 3:31 PM
    in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

how did Obama like his coffee? like he is?......weak?

That one had me rolling.  At first I thought he was going to say "black".

The other one at the end about contacting her with email was pretty funny too.

2016-09-23 6:14 PM

Master
    , California

Also on the economic "boom".  It's not an economic boom at all because the "recovery" is completely made up by the Fed injecting money from thin air into the economy.  QE was put in place to keep the economy from falling to where it should be based on our GDP.
    You can spin the numbers any way you want, but the economy has not recovered yet.

Now, will the economy become a smoking crater because of QE and the US become the mad max of roving anarchists from the collapse?  lol, no it won't.

When the government creates money out of thin air, they're actually just devaluing our currency nationally and globally.  QE and the printing of money has been the largest tax increase in the history of the US and it's also a tax increase on everybody no matter what their income level.  A homeless person buying a loaf of bread is impacted just like a gal buying a $10M yacht. 

With such a large tax increase on everyone the effects have continued to ripple across the economy and they will continue to for many years to come.  Those results are a depressed GDP and high unemployment.  I know the government tracks unemployment based on the numbers of people filing unemployment, but we all know the real number is a lot higher and at its highest level in a very very long time. 

The government also tracks the inflation index.  Their worry for quite some time was actually a *deflationary* spiral.  A small amount of inflation is ok, which is where we are.  The price of everyday goods - food, fuel, whatever, is not going through the roof.

And QE is not the same as a vanilla tax increase because the latter generally causes economic contraction (taxes go up = less new hires, less capital investment, etc).  Which in turn causes the tax base to decline... this is the basis for the Laffer curve.  On the other hand, if the fed lowers interest rates, or performs QE, or both -- this generally boosts economic output and increases the tax base.

Now that said, I think the recovery has been significant enough that the fed could have started raising interest rates again.  The delay now is certainly because of the political advantage to democrats, as the incumbent party.  I won't deny that.

2016-09-23 8:12 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

The government also tracks the inflation index.  Their worry for quite some time was actually a *deflationary* spiral.  A small amount of inflation is ok, which is where we are.  The price of everyday goods - food, fuel, whatever, is not going through the roof.

And QE is not the same as a vanilla tax increase because the latter generally causes economic contraction (taxes go up = less new hires, less capital investment, etc).  Which in turn causes the tax base to decline... this is the basis for the Laffer curve.  On the other hand, if the fed lowers interest rates, or performs QE, or both -- this generally boosts economic output and increases the tax base.

Now that said, I think the recovery has been significant enough that the fed could have started raising interest rates again.  The delay now is certainly because of the political advantage to democrats, as the incumbent party.  I won't deny that.

Similar to unemployment there are a lot of different ways to look at inflation.  The "standard" CPI method has been fairly constant, but there have been others that have shown significant increases such as the commodity index.  No matter who is in office, it's not possible to repeal the laws of economics and it's impossible to dilute the money supply and not have it effect prices.

I do agree with you that the rates should have been started by now and we're playing with fire if another downturn happens for whatever reason.  The Fed won't have any tools left to use.

2016-09-23 8:13 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Rather than start a new thread I'll just throw it in here.

I actually support Obama vetoing the bill today on allowing victims to sue Saudi Arabia.  There, see I'm not 100% partisan.  lol

2016-09-25 10:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Maryland

I actually support Obama vetoing the bill today on allowing victims to sue Saudi Arabia.  There, see I'm not 100% partisan.  lol

the first step is acceptance that Obama can be right.  You're on your way to conservative recovery :P :P :P :P

2016-09-25 1:15 PM
    in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

the first step is acceptance that Obama can be right.  You're on your way to conservative recovery :P :P :P :P

Is going to be a long road.
    2016-09-26 12:18 PM

Master
    , California

The delay now is certainly because of the political advantage to democrats, as the incumbent party.

I have to correct myself after more thought.  I'm going to say the failure to raise interest rates is 50% because the democrats don't want to hurt the economy during an election.  The other 50% is because big business *really* likes their 0 rate and is like a child that doesn't want to take his medicine.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
    Views: 1184 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
    Views: 2675 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
    Views: 1274 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
    Views: 6119 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
    Views: 1601 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : October 31, 2004
    author : infosteward
    comments : 0
    Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.