General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Tri Outfit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-09 5:01 PM

Subject: Beginner Tri Outfit
Beginner here, looking for a good entry level 2 piece tri suit. Mostly compete in the south so will probably wear it without a wetsuit, and having some trouble finding anything in my local shops on sale. I'm about 6'4" so finding something that fits is always a struggle. Being new I have bought a bike and a lot of other expensive gear on the front end and trying to save money here. Any advice or wisdom from more experienced riders will be a great help.

Josh

2016-05-10 12:51 PM
in reply to: Jbaxter3

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Beginner Tri Outfit
I'm partial to the 2 piece as well. Check out trisports.com! They always have good stuff and in my experience they have always had size charts that are spot on.

I have had good experiances from Zoot and Louis Garneau. Both of them tend to have multiple price points for their clothes with increasing quality and features, but even the lower end ones are still great products. I started out the a low end pair of zoot shorts and just wore a bike jersey for my top.

Here are their newest sets. The "active" line is the lower end shorts http://www.trisports.com/zoot-mens-active-8-inch-tri-short-2016.htm... and top http://www.trisports.com/zoot-mens-active-tri-mesh-tank-2106.html

I'm actually looking at these myself!
2016-05-10 3:26 PM
in reply to: triathlonpal07

Try Sierra Trading Post. They always have deals and also discount codes can be found all over the internet. I am on a very tight budget as well (pretty much been hooked up by friends with all my gear and my bike is on loan right now haha) so I went there and bought pearl izumi tri shorts and top for pretty cheap. Im no expert, but they seem like decent quality for now.
2016-05-11 10:29 PM
in reply to: Jbaxter3

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Onesie is better for a no wetsuit swim...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Tri Outfit Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri Bike Frame outfitted as a road bike

Started by Muskrat37
Views: 2614 Posts: 8

2014-02-13 11:24 AM VGT

Beginner Tri-athlete needs afforable beginner bike(s)

Started by simhum
Views: 1001 Posts: 4

2009-01-25 10:37 PM nhangen

MTB outfitting for TRI??

Started by tristork
Views: 991 Posts: 7

2008-03-09 6:56 PM bikeinthemud

tri outfit

Started by rnikita
Views: 964 Posts: 14

2007-04-02 10:07 AM davetri1970

Question about women trisuits/outfits

Started by Sharona1973
Views: 799 Posts: 10

2006-06-08 9:34 PM justalittletri
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 0
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.