General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any one ride the milkman bike course yet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-11 9:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Any one ride the milkman bike course yet
was thinking of riding it in a few weeks and wondered if it was marked at all yet. I know I'm moo bike course has good markings on it all year. Looking forward to the race better get in shape soon

2016-05-16 7:45 AM
in reply to: BuckHamilton

User image

Veteran
Algonquin, IL
Subject: RE: Any one ride the milkman bike course yet
I was out there Saturday. Rode the loop starting from Oregon, around 30ish miles and included Observatory Hill. I had the map printed out and still took a wrong turn before I noticed there were some markings done on the road. Some were little arrows and a few were painted arrows with a "M" underneath (Milkman?).

It was brutally cold and windy but it was my one chance to get some time on the course. We better hope for no NW wind on race day as it was tough with the rolling hills. I am not a real strong cyclist and averaged a little over 15 mph as it seemed I was always into the wind. I also stopped a few times to get my bearings.

The roads themselves are not in the best shape, but if you're used to riding rural WI roads, it's nothing you haven't seen before. The pavement has the usual expansion cracks, broken asphalt in places and no shoulders. Some sections were really nice. There were a few hardy souls out there.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any one ride the milkman bike course yet Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

SOR Bike Course ride this Sunday - 5/23

Started by miami9296
Views: 811 Posts: 1

2010-05-18 1:11 PM miami9296

SOR HIM Bike Course Recon Ride

Started by Force
Views: 1082 Posts: 15

2008-07-11 1:03 PM Force

2008 BIke MS Best Dam Bike RIde....

Started by travisvb24
Views: 1232 Posts: 17

2008-03-26 7:27 PM jenndocmartin

SOR Course Ride Sat 6/23

Started by PeterAK
Views: 638 Posts: 3

2007-06-22 10:19 AM jszat

Saturday Swim/Ride IMWI Course

Started by BadgerIronMan
Views: 720 Posts: 1

2006-07-11 10:35 AM BadgerIronMan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
comments : 0
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!

date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
I am in the market for a new road bike, at several local bike stores I will test ride several bikes. Other than basic fit and components, how should I compare them while doing a test ride?
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?
date : September 24, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 1
Generally I bike for 1.5-2 hours, and by time I'm on my way home I'm shaky. When I get home I usually have a headache and am nauseated. What should I eat before or during my workout to prevent this?

date : July 8, 2008
author : Writebrained
comments : 10
Riding Zen means nothing more than being keenly aware of your surroundings and in control of your emotional state at all times. It also means riding safe and riding smart.
date : December 20, 2007
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.