General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gut check triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-13 10:46 AM

Subject: Gut check triathlon
Anyone try the gut check triathlon in Brewster. Looking to do my first triathlon this year and this one really stood out. I like the added challenge that is in October it'll be a little more difficult. Any info wound be appreciated. .

Little info on me in a 33 male, in bad shape but swimming and running allot now. Did a trail marathon a few years ago and looking to get back into shape

2016-05-13 2:58 PM
in reply to: #5181580

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Gut check triathlon
Sounds interesting, I like the idea of a trail run rather than the typical road 5k.

I'm not sure that *I* would do it as a first race, especially if I was in "bad shape". But that's a really subjective phrase, and without a sense of what it means *for you* it's hard to say whether signing up would be a good idea *for you*.

That said, October is a long way off and there's plenty of time to train for a race that distance.
2016-05-13 4:13 PM
in reply to: #5181645

I'm in bad shape own standards. I'm pretty confident i could finish the race today but would like to do well. I'm training for a one mile open swim in august and if like to do the triathlon as the next step
2016-06-01 7:51 PM
in reply to: Jpt234

Uxbridge
I have not done this race but I am familiar with Nikerson. This is a really nice park . The water will be chilly but its a nice lake.. The bike is hilly...and I am not sure I would want to do 3 loops on a sprint. I think you will have a lot of fun. I am on the Cape at least once a week ( in Brewster) if you want to do a run through of the course. Good Luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gut check triathlon Rss Feed