General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Drafting....A question arose yesterday. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-05-23 3:22 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Drafting....A question arose yesterday.

Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by jhaack39
Originally posted by dmiller5

well racing side by side is another penalty. if you are overtaken you drop back to non drafting distance. its simple and safe.

Right, but they still have to overtake you. And yah, they're supposed to take only x seconds to do it. For some reason though....this doesn't resonate nearly like "no drafting" does to a noob. Mainly because nobody's ever going to overtake us. Amiright? I hear that whoosh whoosh of wheels that cost more than my bike, and I cease consideration of passing anyone and stay far right, but keep going as fast as I can. Most times, I just wave them on by or tell them to go for it. Especially if there's someone in front of me that they're thinking I might pass. "God, I hope that AGer doesn't pull out in front of me to pass that other AGer. Please please please!!!." "Oh sweet, he just waved me on." If I roll up a bit on whoever's in front of me, so be it. I don't have the nerve to get close enough to draft. And the guy/gal flying by me will be gone in seconds and I can pull around anyone in front of me. Just common sense. If they'd stress that for noobs, and not so much big scary drafting rules, we'd all have a better run at it.

zero sympathy for someone who can't take the time to read the rules that make you safe.  if I'm on a group ride I don't care how fast or slow you are, don't run red lights.  same goes for a triathlon.

the rules are exceedingly simple.  stay to the right 3 bike lengths behind anyone else.  move left to pass and do it within 15 seconds.  if someone's front wheel passes your front wheel by an inch, you must back off and be at least 3 bike lengths behind them before you may re-pass. 

period. end of story.  follow the rules and be safe.

This x100.  Avoiding drafting, position, and blocking penalties isn't that hard.  In the local sprint, I have more sympathy, because there are a lot more beginners who are still learning the rules, but if you're racing long course, it's not too much to expect you to understand the rules and follow them.

2016-05-23 5:53 PM
in reply to: #5183165

Love these ideas.

I play by the rules, only out there to do my best and have fun racing. If someone wants to lock on my wheel for more than a minute, there isnt much I can really do, but they're going to get peppered with snot and spit and piss. Without warning. Dare they say anything to voice their displeasure? I'm sorry, you shouldn't have been that close to me for so long.

Take that, wheelsuckers!
2016-05-23 6:33 PM
in reply to: #5183379

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sterling
In the bigger races and Ironmans I have done, drafting is pretty rampant. It just happens when you have 2500+ people on a course. It's unavoidable, and you just try and stay as clean as you can with what you're dealt. Back in 2014 at age group nationals a guy crashed into me about a 1/4 mile into the bike while slipping his shoes on. Needless to say my 13th position went to hell, but those slower swimmers formed a couple draft packs and went whooshing past me later in the bike. Marshals didn't even batt an eyelash at them.
2016-05-23 9:12 PM
in reply to: #5183385

Thats a good point, and something to be remembered, but IMO there's a clear difference between a crowded course at IM and someone latching onto your wheel on a non-crowded course for miles on end, in a blatant disregard for sportsmanship, your fellow competitors, and the rules of triathlon.
2016-05-23 9:18 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by davejustdave

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

I think drafting threads are the best........all of these people doing triathlon and everyone is drafting off of them.  Where are all the "drafters"?

Option 5:  Fart (if you can trust it's only that). 

LB, I agree the topic is well traveled, but to your point, do you think "drafters" would be all over the thread saying, "Hey, yeah! That was me breaking the rules, sucking your wheel and bumming a ride!  It was AWESOME!  THANKS!" 

Since I don't put money on the table doing these races, and it seems to be at least somewhat better enforced among the pros, I can only get mildly annoyed when I see people breaking the rules.  More sad/pitiful to me than anything.

Matt

No, I just think it's like most things in life....lots of righteous indignation against people who do things wrong, but no one admitting doing anything wrong.....and yet time and again we see people getting caught doing things they railed on against.    The thing is......I see people complaining about people drafting them and then I see that they have bike splits of 14-16 mph.....and someone was "stuck on their wheel".   Here's the deal with that......someone doing a triathlon at that speed isn't skilled enough to "suck a wheel". 

I remember the triathlons I did back in the 80's.....GIANT bike packs would form.  Nobody cared and there was no whining about "cheating" or anything like that.

I think these days most people get too wrapped up in what others are doing, hence all of the "righteous indignation".  It wears me out.

"Save me from the good people" - Jim White, longtime KMOX radio host

Option 6: pee (maybe give the drafter an ultimatum first) On why nobody admits: of course they won't be here. What about when someone who has a 23-26 mph bike split complains? Me, I just shout at drafters to try and embarass them into stopping. Shame works wonders.

HAHAHAHA!!!  That's the other thing........I see an awful lot of folks posting u p about their 24, 25, and 26 mph bikes split......when the reality is that it's le3ss than1% of triathletes who can pull that off.  More lying in the interwebs. LOL

Last year I was at the Y and the gal next to me had to tell me she was a triathlete...."really???" I said, "that's amazing!"  She went on to tell me how she had qualified for Las Vegas HIM Nationals.....and how "there's nothing like feeling that wind on your face when you're averaging 25-30 mph on the bike".

I tried to drown myself.

I look at it that way too, because if *I* can't go that fast, anyone else who says they can must be lying.

Back to the topic at hand, does it really matter WHO complains about drafting? I guess only fast people have rights to demand a fair race?
2016-05-23 9:20 PM
in reply to: PBT_2009

Originally posted by PBT_2009

Thats a good point, and something to be remembered, but IMO there's a clear difference between a crowded course at IM and someone latching onto your wheel on a non-crowded course for miles on end, in a blatant disregard for sportsmanship, your fellow competitors, and the rules of triathlon.

100% agree. The difference is usually pretty apparent.

2016-05-23 9:24 PM

I think drafting threads are the best........all of these people doing triathlon and everyone is drafting off of them.  Where are all the "drafters"?

I think I just figured out that they are here too: just look for the people saying others shouldn't get upset about drafters, mocking people who get upset about drafters, etc.

2016-05-23 9:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I think I just figured out that they are here too: just look for the people saying others shouldn't get upset about drafters, mocking people who get upset about drafters, etc.

LOL - yeah, they're horrible.  It's better to whine about something you have no control over. I especially like all the tough talk of spitting, snotting, peeing etc on people......funny how I've never seen that in 30 years either.   All this thread is missing is the droves of people who have apparently been knocked out of a podium finish because of drafting.

ETA - after giving this more thought, if I ever get drafted on I'm hoping it's an out and back course.  I will clothesline the bastage when he/she runs by, then I will whip out my johnson and pee on them, then I'mma jump up and come down with the atomic elbow drop.  Then I'll rip off their bib and when I'm done I will write DRAFTER on it with a sharpie and post it in the town square. I'm down ya'll......let's roll on these suckers!!

Edited by Left Brain 2016-05-23 10:14 PM
2016-05-24 4:15 AM

User image

Expert
Pfafftown, NC
LB......you think I'm whining by posting the question I did?
2016-05-24 6:22 AM

User image

LOL - yeah, they're horrible.  It's better to whine about something you have no control over. I especially like all the tough talk of spitting, snotting, peeing etc on people......funny how I've never seen that in 30 years either.   All this thread is missing is the droves of people who have apparently been knocked out of a podium finish because of drafting.

ETA - after giving this more thought, if I ever get drafted on I'm hoping it's an out and back course.  I will clothesline the bastage when he/she runs by, then I will whip out my johnson and pee on them, then I'mma jump up and come down with the atomic elbow drop.  Then I'll rip off their bib and when I'm done I will write DRAFTER on it with a sharpie and post it in the town square. I'm down ya'll......let's roll on these suckers!!

What's worse : whining about drafting or whining about people whining about drafting ?Drafting annoys me especially FOP. To me that's blatant cheating. BOP I would chalk it up to ignorance of the rules. My friends who have been popped for it were first timers who thought they were within the rules and also BOP. I've never seen spitting or any of that non sense. I have seen lots of shouting matches and people calling someone out for it.
2016-05-24 8:18 AM
in reply to: nc452010

User image

Pro
Originally posted by nc452010LB......you think I'm whining by posting the question I did?
Nah.....I think most drafting threads are more on the order of backdoor brags. Getting to the point where someone actually WANTS to draft off you is a milestone of sorts.Mostly I'm just having fun with you fellas.....I understand that rules are rules...but this one won't effect 90% of the people who get worked up over it.

2016-05-24 9:26 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!  That's the other thing........I see an awful lot of folks posting u p about their 24, 25, and 26 mph bikes split......when the reality is that it's le3ss than1% of triathletes who can pull that off.  More lying in the interwebs.

Forgot to ask you where you got that "less than 1% go 23mph or faster" stat you used to justify calling people who post fast bike splits "liars".

I took a quick glance at the bike splits from the last oly I did and of 339 entrants, more than 30 had a bike split of 1:01 or faster (I came in at a pathetic 1:03). Without even accounting for the run out to the mount/dismount line, that's about ten percent who posted a rime of 24 MPH or faster (the course was accurate at 40k).. a full order of magnitute greater than what you claim. I guess they were all just "lying"?

So where did you get your internet stat?

2016-05-24 9:42 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas

I only read half of this thread so sorry if I am taking things off course, but I have wondered about drafting on busy race courses where you have hundreds of people finishing within minutes of each other.  

There obviously isn't enough space on the course for them all to be 6 bike lengths apart so what you end up with are 2-3 bike lanes formed with slower riders in the inside lane being passed by a steady flow of people in the 2nd lane and faster people passing people two wide into lane three.  My race two weeks ago had something like 2000 participants and all through out the bike course I was seeing people passing up to 5 bikes wide.  Even though people were not locked on to the back wheel of a single rider and parking there "for a free ride" they were constantly passing people which means they were constantly in a draft zone of someone on the inside.  If you are in lane two steadily passing a line of bikes on the inside you are always in the 6 bike lengths of someone even though it is 10-15 different people over a single mile.  So do you get any draft benefit on busy race courses when constantly passing a line of slower riders, or do you have to be going the same speed as the person in front of you to catch the draft?

In a race with that many people finishing with times that are really close together does it really matter if you have someone less than 6 bike spaces behind you when they are just trying to get out of the way of the four people wide and are weaving in and out to pass them?   Things got bottle necked quite a few times when faster rider had a hard time finding passing lanes.  I passed over the yellow line 2-3 times to pass people and know other say they had to do the same.  In training I know I am not drafting because I am the only one of the road.  In races there are so many people I can't comprehend worrying about anyone being in your draft zone when a dozen times during the race I was passing two people wide on the inside while people were passing me two people wide on the outside.    

Edited by BlueBoy26 2016-05-24 9:44 AM
2016-05-24 9:44 AM

User image

Expert
Pfafftown, NC

Originally posted by nc452010LB......you think I'm whining by posting the question I did?
Nah.....I think most drafting threads are more on the order of backdoor brags. Getting to the point where someone actually WANTS to draft off you is a milestone of sorts.Mostly I'm just having fun with you fellas.....I understand that rules are rules...but this one won't effect 90% of the people who get worked up over it.

My 8th tri of my life, and the 1st time I've had someone latch on.

So, either I'm slow (likely)....I've been lucky....or, I just haven't been around enough.

It was a TT start.....pool swim tri......2-loop bike course. It was my second loop and this guy's first. I was almost at the turn in (after 2nd loop) and I hadn't been passed by anyone on the bike. When I turned in, he kept going. Like I said, I'd just never had this occur before.

2016-05-24 9:50 AM

...I understand that rules are rules...but this one won't effect 90% of the people who get worked up over it.

See that's also where you are wrong. Cheating affects everyone. It takes away from the sport, and it makes all of us look bad. When people DON'T complain about it, when people DON'T call out cheaters, we are normalizing that behaviour, even tacitly approving, IMO.

But I freely admit I take it more personal than most because I do race, to, well, race, and even though I am old and slower than I once was, I am competitive.

Three races into the season for me, and I've already gotten knocked from 3rd to 4th by someone who blatantly drafted for a guge portion of the bike. It's infuriating.
2016-05-24 11:36 AM
in reply to: Bevie

Originally posted by Bevie

In the bigger races and Ironmans I have done, drafting is pretty rampant. It just happens when you have 2500+ people on a course. It's unavoidable, and you just try and stay as clean as you can with what you're dealt.

S'what I'm sayin'.

My view comes from towards the back of the pack.

The folks who make up the bulk of a race towards the back of the pack....they might see "no drafting" in the rules, or hear it announced over the loudspeaker while they're sitting around in transition. And as a result, when it gets congested-ish and they come up on someone, they think "Oh, I better not draft, I'll get a kicked out of the race"....and wind up riding side by side for some distance. Like when a truck doing 56 mph, pulls out in front of you on a 2 lane highway to pass another truck doing 55. They don't see that as "as bad of an infraction"...if at all.

If it's a loop, then the more serious competitors and those with some speed are left with either slowing down, or trying to squeak by on the left, or looking at the delicious shoulder over there on the right.

Not a huge deal. I just think that if they pointed out the difference between "drafting" and "staying clean" for the completers, it could go a bit smoother for any of the 'competitors' who might be on their second loop or started in a later wave.

In the one branded Half I did (Muncie) it wasn't really a problem. You've got a bit more experience out there. Plus, it was a virtually closed course with some deployable shoulders. I see this in the shorter races...which can get congested, and can draw some fairly serious competitors.

2016-05-24 12:11 PM
in reply to: davejustdave

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

HAHAHAHA!!!  That's the other thing........I see an awful lot of folks posting u p about their 24, 25, and 26 mph bikes split......when the reality is that it's le3ss than1% of triathletes who can pull that off.  More lying in the interwebs.
Forgot to ask you where you got that "less than 1% go 23mph or faster" stat you used to justify calling people who post fast bike splits "liars". I took a quick glance at the bike splits from the last oly I did and of 339 entrants, more than 30 had a bike split of 1:01 or faster (I came in at a pathetic 1:03). Without even accounting for the run out to the mount/dismount line, that's about ten percent who posted a rime of 24 MPH or faster (the course was accurate at 40k).. a full order of magnitute greater than what you claim. I guess they were all just "lying"? So where did you get your internet stat?

what race

2016-05-24 1:00 PM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan

In my first ever triathlon I had a guy pass me....... I had watched the TDF. I knew that it took a lot less energy to ride behind someone. Sooooo, I latched on to his wheel for a couple miles, all the while thinking how smart I was to do this. I had no idea why he was irritated with me.

So there. I have drafted. Didn't know the rules and that was on me. I also got a penalty for drafting in the biggest race of my life. I didn't think I was drafting, I thought I was maintaining a legal distance but the marshal didn't think so. I took my medicine and spent my four minutes in the penalty tent.

And, FWIW, yes, I have had someone draft off me. Someone who knew better. Very frustrating.
2016-05-24 1:20 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by wannabefaster

In my first ever triathlon I had a guy pass me....... I had watched the TDF. I knew that it took a lot less energy to ride behind someone. Sooooo, I latched on to his wheel for a couple miles, all the while thinking how smart I was to do this. I had no idea why he was irritated with me. So there. I have drafted. Didn't know the rules and that was on me. I also got a penalty for drafting in the biggest race of my life. I didn't think I was drafting, I thought I was maintaining a legal distance but the marshal didn't think so. I took my medicine and spent my four minutes in the penalty tent. And, FWIW, yes, I have had someone draft off me. Someone who knew better. Very frustrating.

There are certainly more than a few folks that fall into this category.  At the pre-race meeting, drafting is just one of many rules warned against that may not register with a first timer.  In my last sprint, I had one such person latch onto my wheel on a gradual descent so we were going 30+ mph and I didn't care so much about him getting a free ride but that he would nip my back wheel sending us both to the emergency room.  I motioned a few times to back off but he was oblivious.  I ended up spraying my water bottle over my shoulder and that caught his attention.

On the other end, I got a drafting penalty at my last IM.  I have no idea where or how it happened.  Just saw a four minute penalty in the results.  I'm usually pretty careful to follow the rules so am still at a loss.  Maybe a case of mistaken record keeping.  Whatever. 

2016-05-24 2:15 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
HAHAHAHA!!!  That's the other thing........I see an awful lot of folks posting u p about their 24, 25, and 26 mph bikes split......when the reality is that it's le3ss than1% of triathletes who can pull that off.  More lying in the interwebs. LOL

Last year I was at the Y and the gal next to me had to tell me she was a triathlete...."really???" I said, "that's amazing!"  She went on to tell me how she had qualified for Las Vegas HIM Nationals.....and how "there's nothing like feeling that wind on your face when you're averaging 25-30 mph on the bike".

I tried to drown myself.

Last time you told that story, she said "there is nothing like going 20 mph..." and you used it as an example on how AGers think 20 mph is fast when it's not. Now she said 25-30 and you're using it as an example of how AGers are delusional about their speed.... Do your tales of interactions with women always change so much, or only after a couple of beers

I'm just busting your cranberries, but that is what you said, I wish I could remember the post to link it. I'd look, but you know, attention spans...

PS, I went 23.4 mph on my last race...so does that mean I can't brag until I break 24? Or should I just lie about it? I'm trying to find the moral here.

ETA: see what I did there...I did get my brag in. But I deserve it, I really stunk on the bike and now I don't stink so bad....as long as there are not hills...or wind...

Edited by 3mar 2016-05-24 2:18 PM
2016-05-24 2:36 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Expert
Pfafftown, NC
Originally posted by 3mar

I tried to drown myself.

Last time you told that story, she said "there is nothing like going 20 mph..." and you used it as an example on how AGers think 20 mph is fast when it's not. Now she said 25-30 and you're using it as an example of how AGers are delusional about their speed.... Do your tales of interactions with women always change so much, or only after a couple of beers

I'm just busting your cranberries, but that is what you said, I wish I could remember the post to link it. I'd look, but you know, attention spans...

PS, I went 23.4 mph on my last race...so does that mean I can't brag until I break 24? Or should I just lie about it? I'm trying to find the moral here.

ETA: see what I did there...I did get my brag in. But I deserve it, I really stunk on the bike and now I don't stink so bad....as long as there are not hills...or wind...

Yeah. You're just bragging. Notice I started the thread and didn't mention anything about being on the podium, Sunday.

Geez.....

2016-05-24 2:53 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
But here's the thing. In that race *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* that was a couple weeks ago *cough* 3rd place overall *cough* during the bike leg the guy who ended up fourth overall (you know, one place behind me, since I was in 3rd) and I exchanged places about 5 times. We were both around the same speed *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* and were constantly going back and forth. When I passed him, I never looked to see if he was on my wheel. It just wasn't worth it to look honestly. You're compromising your aero position and taking your eyes off the road to look behind you. I honestly don't think he was, but I have no idea. Conversely, he never looked back when he would overtake me. We both just rode. He ended up in transition ahead of me, but I transitioned faster and we ran together for the first three miles then I went ahead...because, I came in third and he came in fourth. Not bragging but you know...

Edited by 3mar 2016-05-24 2:55 PM
2016-05-24 3:53 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

I only read half of this thread so sorry if I am taking things off course, but I have wondered about drafting on busy race courses where you have hundreds of people finishing within minutes of each other.  

There obviously isn't enough space on the course for them all to be 6 bike lengths apart so what you end up with are 2-3 bike lanes formed with slower riders in the inside lane being passed by a steady flow of people in the 2nd lane and faster people passing people two wide into lane three.  My race two weeks ago had something like 2000 participants and all through out the bike course I was seeing people passing up to 5 bikes wide.  Even though people were not locked on to the back wheel of a single rider and parking there "for a free ride" they were constantly passing people which means they were constantly in a draft zone of someone on the inside.  If you are in lane two steadily passing a line of bikes on the inside you are always in the 6 bike lengths of someone even though it is 10-15 different people over a single mile.  So do you get any draft benefit on busy race courses when constantly passing a line of slower riders, or do you have to be going the same speed as the person in front of you to catch the draft?

In a race with that many people finishing with times that are really close together does it really matter if you have someone less than 6 bike spaces behind you when they are just trying to get out of the way of the four people wide and are weaving in and out to pass them?   Things got bottle necked quite a few times when faster rider had a hard time finding passing lanes.  I passed over the yellow line 2-3 times to pass people and know other say they had to do the same.  In training I know I am not drafting because I am the only one of the road.  In races there are so many people I can't comprehend worrying about anyone being in your draft zone when a dozen times during the race I was passing two people wide on the inside while people were passing me two people wide on the outside.    

In those situations where there are people passing people, who are passing people, who are passing people, etc, it's unlikely that you're in the draft zone of anyone other than the person you're passing, unless they're drafting directly behind someone else.  The draft zone is only 2 meters wide (1 meter from the center of their bike), so you're farther than that from the riders to the right of the rider you're passing.  Even on a crowded course, it's still possible to ride by the rules.  It's more challenging, but not impossible.

About your other question, yes, there's a benefit to passing groups of people who are slower than you.  A good technique is to ride straight up behind them until you're within a few feet, then swing out to the left to "slingshot" the pass to gain the maximum benefit.

ETA:  Here's a nice explanation of the draft zones with some good illustrations.

Edited by TriMyBest 2016-05-24 3:55 PM
2016-05-24 7:16 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by 3mar But here's the thing. In that race *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* that was a couple weeks ago *cough* 3rd place overall *cough* during the bike leg the guy who ended up fourth overall (you know, one place behind me, since I was in 3rd) and I exchanged places about 5 times. We were both around the same speed *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* and were constantly going back and forth. When I passed him, I never looked to see if he was on my wheel. It just wasn't worth it to look honestly. You're compromising your aero position and taking your eyes off the road to look behind you. I honestly don't think he was, but I have no idea. Conversely, he never looked back when he would overtake me. We both just rode. He ended up in transition ahead of me, but I transitioned faster and we ran together for the first three miles then I went ahead...because, I came in third and he came in fourth. Not bragging but you know...

Cheater!

2016-05-24 7:44 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by 3mar
Originally posted by Left Brain HAHAHAHA!!!  That's the other thing........I see an awful lot of folks posting u p about their 24, 25, and 26 mph bikes split......when the reality is that it's le3ss than1% of triathletes who can pull that off.  More lying in the interwebs. LOL

I tried to drown myself.

Last time you told that story, she said "there is nothing like going 20 mph..." and you used it as an example on how AGers think 20 mph is fast when it's not. Now she said 25-30 and you're using it as an example of how AGers are delusional about their speed.... Do your tales of interactions with women always change so much, or only after a couple of beers I'm just busting your cranberries, but that is what you said, I wish I could remember the post to link it. I'd look, but you know, attention spans... PS, I went 23.4 mph on my last race...so does that mean I can't brag until I break 24? Or should I just lie about it? I'm trying to find the moral here. ETA: see what I did there...I did get my brag in. But I deserve it, I really stunk on the bike and now I don't stink so bad....as long as there are not hills...or wind...

(ok.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
ok.jpg (37KB - 2 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Drafting....A question arose yesterday. Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

To (swim) draft, or not to draft, that is my question Pages: 1 2

Started by technoyos
Views: 4053 Posts: 43

2014-09-03 1:08 AM zedzded

Drafting drafting drafting Pages: 1 2

Started by MalcolmG
Views: 3458 Posts: 26

2011-03-21 11:22 AM GoFaster

Drafting in a non Draft legal

Started by xcrunner2010
Views: 1635 Posts: 16

2009-06-11 10:26 PM xcrunner2010

Bike Drafting vs. Swim Drafting

Started by jjweav
Views: 1132 Posts: 13

2006-04-20 4:16 PM KSH

draft or no draft

Started by runmacride
Views: 1137 Posts: 13

2004-09-15 10:33 AM Tiger Phil
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
This USAT Rules Clinic will help you avoid penalties. Topics discussed will be rules of the transition area, drafting penalties, the drafting zone, challenging penalties and more.

date : January 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions on swimming, observing, asking questions, flip-turns, flexible ankles, rotation, Stretch Cordz, skiing substitution and resting.
date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Michael Silva
Without paying a personal trainer or a PT on a regular basis, is there a regimen of exercises I can do to strengthen all around?
date : September 5, 2004
author : USATriathlon
Position rule violations during triathlon racing.

author : Team BT
Important terms and definitions for many words encountered in the world of triathlons
author : Team BT
During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Drafting, open water swimming, hydration bricks and aero bar tips for your first Olympic triathlon race.