General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Drafting....A question arose yesterday. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-05-24 8:33 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Drafting....A question arose yesterday.
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by 3mar But here's the thing. In that race *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* that was a couple weeks ago *cough* 3rd place overall *cough* during the bike leg the guy who ended up fourth overall (you know, one place behind me, since I was in 3rd) and I exchanged places about 5 times. We were both around the same speed *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* and were constantly going back and forth. When I passed him, I never looked to see if he was on my wheel. It just wasn't worth it to look honestly. You're compromising your aero position and taking your eyes off the road to look behind you. I honestly don't think he was, but I have no idea. Conversely, he never looked back when he would overtake me. We both just rode. He ended up in transition ahead of me, but I transitioned faster and we ran together for the first three miles then I went ahead...because, I came in third and he came in fourth. Not bragging but you know...

Cheetah!

There...I fixed it for ya!

2016-05-24 9:00 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Pro

Originally posted by 3mar

Originally posted by 3mar But here's the thing. In that race *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* that was a couple weeks ago *cough* 3rd place overall *cough* during the bike leg the guy who ended up fourth overall (you know, one place behind me, since I was in 3rd) and I exchanged places about 5 times. We were both around the same speed *cough* 23.4 mph *cough* and were constantly going back and forth. When I passed him, I never looked to see if he was on my wheel. It just wasn't worth it to look honestly. You're compromising your aero position and taking your eyes off the road to look behind you. I honestly don't think he was, but I have no idea. Conversely, he never looked back when he would overtake me. We both just rode. He ended up in transition ahead of me, but I transitioned faster and we ran together for the first three miles then I went ahead...because, I came in third and he came in fourth. Not bragging but you know...

Cheetah!

Bro.....Cheetah's run fast....don't get carried away.

2016-05-25 1:35 PM
in reply to: 0

Last time you told that story, she said "there is nothing like going 20 mph..." and you used it as an example on how AGers think 20 mph is fast when it's not. Now she said 25-30 and you're using it as an example of how AGers are delusional about their speed.... Do your tales of interactions with women always change so much, or only after a couple of beers

Wait what? 20 mph isn't fast?
Like heck! I did nearly 20 on my half, and cracked 20 over an Olympic just this weekend!
I was blayyyyy-----zing!

Sheesh. Only way I sniff 25 is with a really big hill.
And a tailwind.

Yes, I know 20 isn't "fast" fast.
I was pretty happy with it.
{sticks fingers in ears}

Edited by jhaack39 2016-05-25 1:36 PM
2016-05-25 1:54 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

Cheetah!

Bro.....Cheetah's run fast....don't get carried away.

Well I'm sure they'd be fast on the bike if they would just shave.
2016-05-25 6:42 PM

User image

Pro

Well, as long as Mr. Magoo is apparently the person who measures triathlon courses, we'll never really know what mph means in regard to speed.  Drafting or not.  LOL

2016-05-25 7:04 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

Well, as long as Mr. Magoo is apparently the person who measures triathlon courses, we'll never really know what mph means in regard to speed.  Drafting or not.  LOL

Sure we do....it's called GPS.

2016-05-25 7:30 PM

User image

Pro

I can live with that.......but the "avg. speed" that gets posted in the results on race websites is often hysterical.

2016-05-25 8:26 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

I can live with that.......but the "avg. speed" that gets posted in the results on race websites is often hysterical.

Well yeah....I can't imagine anyone goes by that.
2016-05-25 9:50 PM

User image

Pro

Well yeah....I can't imagine anyone goes by that.

Dude - as the man said....."know your audience".

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Drafting....A question arose yesterday. Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

To (swim) draft, or not to draft, that is my question Pages: 1 2

Started by technoyos
Views: 4044 Posts: 43

2014-09-03 1:08 AM zedzded

Drafting drafting drafting Pages: 1 2

Started by MalcolmG
Views: 3447 Posts: 26

2011-03-21 11:22 AM GoFaster

Drafting in a non Draft legal

Started by xcrunner2010
Views: 1610 Posts: 16

2009-06-11 10:26 PM xcrunner2010

Bike Drafting vs. Swim Drafting

Started by jjweav
Views: 1129 Posts: 13

2006-04-20 4:16 PM KSH

draft or no draft

Started by runmacride
Views: 1136 Posts: 13

2004-09-15 10:33 AM Tiger Phil
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
This USAT Rules Clinic will help you avoid penalties. Topics discussed will be rules of the transition area, drafting penalties, the drafting zone, challenging penalties and more.

date : January 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions on swimming, observing, asking questions, flip-turns, flexible ankles, rotation, Stretch Cordz, skiing substitution and resting.
date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Michael Silva
Without paying a personal trainer or a PT on a regular basis, is there a regimen of exercises I can do to strengthen all around?
date : September 5, 2004
author : USATriathlon
Position rule violations during triathlon racing.

author : Team BT
Important terms and definitions for many words encountered in the world of triathlons
author : Team BT
During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Drafting, open water swimming, hydration bricks and aero bar tips for your first Olympic triathlon race.