General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the site but not the sport Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-25 11:01 AM

User image

Subject: New to the site but not the sport
Hello all! I've been lurking on this site gather lots of great little tidbits for racing and fitness in general. I finally decided to start posting and set up a profile!

I've been running for over ten years and doing tris almost as long. I mainly like sprinting but have done many olys and one HIM. I prefer the volume that comes along with shorter distance racing.

I'm from Michigan and believe it or not it snow for us this May! Since we can only get outside to ride about 4-5 months and swimming even fewer, we all go crazy when spring and summer finally arrive :-)

Hope to meet some great people on this site and maybe even lend someone else advice like I've gotten from others here.

2016-05-25 8:59 PM
in reply to: Fitnessgurl

User image

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: RE: New to the site but not the sport
welcome!
Im a lurker too (mostly because i'm reading the forums secretly while bored at work and cant get caught posting haha).
Im a michigander also so you are in good company. Signed up for any local tris? Ill be doing the Mi Titanium HIM in August and the hawk island tri in two weeks.
2016-05-26 8:08 AM
in reply to: jckcrlln

User image

Subject: RE: New to the site but not the sport
Yes, I'm on here surfing bored at work too :-) I've never done either of those races but I've heard they're both great!

My plan this year is just Island Lake in summer and fall, which are only two weeks apart this year if I remember correctly. There's a little aquathon I always do in Howell too because I love running and swimming and just tolerate biking :-D With so few aquathons offered, I take what I can get. I may toss in another few sprints, just playing the season by ear, no pressure.

Have you done the HIM distance before?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the site but not the sport Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

new to this site and to this sport

Started by hicelee
Views: 696 Posts: 3

2011-05-14 8:16 PM hicelee

New to Site - Returning to Sport after long hiatus

Started by kmacrone
Views: 1029 Posts: 3

2011-05-04 10:37 AM TriAya

New to site, but not to Tri.

Started by DBautista
Views: 631 Posts: 2

2008-12-01 3:12 PM Nipper

New to the sport and this site

Started by Pecos Wile
Views: 1029 Posts: 3

2008-09-10 1:55 AM mchally

New to site not to sport

Started by kentiger
Views: 1106 Posts: 11

2005-02-13 8:13 PM kentiger
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.
date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.