General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone ever rent QR? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-28 9:45 PM

User image

Subject: Has anyone ever rent QR?
IM Lake Placid is almost here, so it is finally time to make travel arrangements. There are so many horror stories on the internet about airlines mishandling or misplacing bicycles and about the hassle of breaking down and reassembling your bike that I would rather avoid all that. So here are my options as far as I know:

1. Tri bike transport $450. Several threads on this forum have expressed satisfaction with this service. The price is prohibitively high.

2. Rent Quintana Roo $399. I haven't found any threads about their bike rental service. Does anyone have any impressions? The price is actually lower than transporting my own bike.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? This is my first destination triathlon and my first ever full iron distance.

2016-06-01 2:45 PM
in reply to: haitwun

Subject: RE: Has anyone ever rent QR?
I'm renting for IM CDA - the PRSix DI2. Found very little online discussion about it. This is the third year they are doing it. I have noticed that response from most is "You should always ride the bike you train on." Since my training bike is a 10 yr old aluminum - I just can't convince myself that I'll get a better result spending $400 to ship it and assembling it myself. So I'll have a superbike and some QR support for that bike onsite. I pick up on Thursday before the race.

QR Team was very responsive to my emails and questions on fit, delivery, etc.

Hope that helps! Good luck at Lake Placid!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone ever rent QR? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Shortest Triatlon Ever - Emeryville

Started by movingsouth
Views: 768 Posts: 3

2008-03-27 5:18 PM movingsouth

Anyone doing Malibu Triathlon

Started by van_paulus
Views: 739 Posts: 3

2006-09-18 1:22 PM van_paulus

LA Triathlon anyone??

Started by Tri_Wombat
Views: 1097 Posts: 13

2006-08-30 3:27 PM ChrisM

Anyone from the East Bay Area?

Started by cadreamer
Views: 678 Posts: 1

2005-11-21 12:13 AM cadreamer

Anyone from Sacramento, CA? Pages: 1 2

Started by VoB916
Views: 2053 Posts: 31

2006-01-25 4:05 PM Hammerdog
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 29, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Character attributes and temperament of successful triathletes.

date : August 7, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Looking to rent or try-before-you-buy race wheels for your next triathlon? Coach AJ checks out the service at RaceDay Wheels.