2016-06-22 4:58 PM
in reply to: chr15

User image

Subject: RE: June Bike Challenge
Originally posted by chr15

end of week one...

4 rides done and clicked off 49 of the 225 planned miles. Just under quarter but that's fine as the plan builds a little each week.

I'm feeling a little sore/stiff but that is expected given that in the past year I could probably count the number of times I have been on my bike on my fingers... and 4 of them were this week... Good thing is that I have not had to resort to painkillers at all yet.

Week 2.

8 rides done and clicked off 107 of the 225 planned miles.
Not so sore this week but tired, good tired, feeling like I am working again tired, if that makes sense.

Completed all of the planned rides this week, in a fashion. Yesterday's ride was split in two due to a slow puncture, I got a ride home and changed the wheel and headed back out again to finish the planned distance. Overall I'm happy with how it is going but I can see old patterns creeping in even now after only 2 weeks of being back.

That is my tendency top go hell for leather when I am feeling good/enthusiastic, leading to over training and burn out. 4-times a week at this level is doable but as training load increases, and either work or home life kick off - its all manageable at the moment, it will get hard and I start to suffer physically and mentally. Leading me back to where I was...

I will see this month out but may need to adjust especially as my distances (hopefully) increase.

Week 3...

12 rides ticked off.
I'm on target and haven't missed a ride (yet).

So far I'm at 172 miles of 225 and today my back aches. I'm hoping that it is in a good way, muscles working, muscles tired, muscles recovering and not any further injury. I should expect there to be soreness so I am not too concerned. Today is a rest day so I might just do some light stretching/yoga to keep mobile in case anything decides to cease up.

I'm hoping that this week will have no hiccups and I am able to make the 4 planned rides that should allow me to hit my target with room to spare.

You are right on track then. Way to be consistent and get those rides in especially when coming off of an injury!

2016-06-27 5:48 PM
in reply to: MelFord444

User image

Originally posted by MelFord444

My bike goal for the month of June is to ride a total of 380 miles. I've logged 125 so far. So right on track. This is my first month back on the bike since the end of 2010. So feeling good about things

Finished my 380 miles up for the month of June this weekend! Now to relax a little (may still ride tomorrow
2016-06-30 10:39 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2016-06-30 10:40 AM
in reply to: MelFord444

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2016-06-30 5:05 PM

Great job on surpassing your goal! Is July's goal going to be more mileage?

J White
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » June Bike Challenge Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

June Bike Challenge Goals (guys) Pages: 1 2

Started by huengsolo
Views: 3497 Posts: 40

2006-06-05 7:08 AM huengsolo

June Bike Challenge Pledge fulfillment reminder

Started by Tania
Views: 1192 Posts: 2

2005-07-18 2:17 PM Renee

POLL: Charity for June Bike Lots Challenge - VOTE! Pages: 1 2

Started by Motivated
Views: 4449 Posts: 26

2005-07-15 4:38 PM the bear

PROCEEDS: June Bike Lots Challenge

Started by marmadaddy
Views: 2605 Posts: 22

2005-07-06 10:07 PM waskelton

June Bike Challenge???? Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by jkbostic
Views: 8591 Posts: 82

2005-06-05 3:51 PM AlBearAngel
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...