Other Resources My Cup of Joe » 5 cyclists struck and killed in Kalamazoo, MI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-08 4:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Subject: 5 cyclists struck and killed in Kalamazoo, MI

This happened last night in Kalamazoo,  MI, a town 60 miles south of me, where I went to college.

It's definitely sad but also eerie because last night after finishing a group ride on a paved rail trail here in Grand Rapids, we debated the pros and cons of riding open roads vs. paved rail trails... To know this had happened less than an hour prior to the conclusion of our ride and that the topic we discussed at length was the danger of riding on open roads just floors me...

My condolences to the families.... 

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/06/kalamazoo_cycling_community_gr.html#incart_most-read_news_article

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » 5 cyclists struck and killed in Kalamazoo, MI Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Triathletes struck and killed in Quebec

Started by bodhi_girl
Views: 1112 Posts: 12

2010-05-16 8:29 AM pga_mike

Cyclist kills pedestrian

Started by Bcozican
Views: 1361 Posts: 14

2008-07-09 12:26 PM scoobysdad

Cop runs over 3 cyclists, killing two Pages: 1 2

Started by Spokes
Views: 2823 Posts: 36

2008-03-12 1:38 PM Rad-Onc PA

another cyclist killed

Started by autumn
Views: 633 Posts: 4

2006-08-17 5:29 PM shawn barr

Four cyclists killed in car collision

Started by chr15
Views: 964 Posts: 11

2006-01-12 6:24 AM Comet
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 19, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 15
Learn what the proper pedaling technique looks like and how to become a more efficient and economical cyclist.

date : June 4, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
Is surgery really the only option? What percentage of active patients have positive outcomes? Negative outcomes? How soon can I start training after surgery? What can I do?
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : October 8, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
If stay in the aero position for an extended period of time, I experience discomfort in my right hip and the lateral aspect of my left knee since putting on aerobars.
date : August 7, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
Cyclists may be at risk of developing CTS due to long hours spent in one position. These eight tips can help you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome while grinding out those long hours on the bike.

date : December 11, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
If you have ever felt confused by the plethora of commercial sports fuels, you are not alone. Runners, cyclists, and other athletes inevitably ask me, "What’s the best energy bar? gel? sports drink?"
date : May 30, 2005
author : Team BT
Hamilton has vowed to fight the allegations and “clear his name.” Is he guilty? You decide.

date : April 18, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
The following is a sneak peak at Nancy Clark’s upcoming book on endurance nutrition - The Cyclist’s Food Guide: Fueling for the Distance