Subject: Boston Tri
Anyone doing Boston Tri this year?

How is the swim?

2016-06-11 11:30 AM
in reply to: #5186331

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Boston Tri
I'll probably sign up, having done so 4 out of the 5 past years, but haven't yet. It's usually a good race. Swim and run portions are longer than average (for the sprint), and the bike is a pancake flat closed course.

With regards to the swim, the bay is very protected, so unless the weather is horrible there won't be much chop. Sandy beach for the entry/exit, but there can be shells to avoid. Water temp is also usually pretty warm that time year. Assuming they're sticking with the same course layout, the first leg is due east and the sun can be pretty blinding until you turn the first buoy.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boston Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

TRI-MANIA Boston with SIRI LINDLEY

Started by MultisportWorld
Views: 943 Posts: 6

2014-04-16 7:53 PM Clarkey77

tri Clubs in Boston area

Started by piperfl
Views: 1525 Posts: 10

2007-11-23 4:49 PM redbullgt337

Boston's Run To Remember Pages: 1 2 3

Started by TypeA Girl Pilot
Views: 2900 Posts: 59

2006-03-16 6:33 PM Celeb_ithil

Tufts 10K Boston - need a you go girl girl

Started by nikki
Views: 1211 Posts: 19

2005-10-10 6:41 PM isis54

Boston Triathlon on Sept 4 -- formerly Monster Challenge

Started by Celeb_ithil
Views: 1721 Posts: 16

2005-09-03 8:21 AM MAtriMom
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 15, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
comments : 0
I just ran the Boston Marathon under nine minute miles, can I run eight minute miles for my half Ironman training runs? Or should I go slower?

date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : October 3, 2007
author : Ontherun
An inspirational biography about one of endurance sports early pioneers, David McGillivary, race director for the Boston Marathon.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.