General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HR fail Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-14 4:50 PM

Subject: HR fail
Morning all

The last four rides I have done on the bike my HRM, Garmin 910xt has failed. Each time it's just under the hour mark. I am not wearing a shirt, I am on the trainer using TR. I have used two different straps, one Garmin and one Polar, same garmin transmitter. I use the jell to start. The laptop is on the same place, and the app and the Garmin dongle is still recieving the data from the power meter with out any blips.

I should say that the Garmin on my wrist or the TR road app on the laptop is not recieveng the data. The HR starts to drop for instance it went form 133 to 85, 60, 40 then I idied. I took it off and threw it on the floor one day and it stayed at 66 for another 4 minutes or so.

Suggestions? Battery? just normal Garmin crap? Screw the HRM, just worry about the power meter?

Joe

2016-06-14 5:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: HR fail

I went through multiple straps, both polar and garmin, using the strap approach with the garmin transmitter.   Always worked great for a couple months then would start cutting out after an hour of running.

I've since moved on to optical HR with the scosche rhythm.  Only pain is battery life and remembering to re charge but at least it works.  

Fenix now has optical HR but it's pricey and you can't for example mount it on the bike like you can with a 910 quick release and get HR data

As to the last question, I always use HR in conjunction with the PM

Edited by ChrisM 2016-06-14 5:08 PM
2016-06-14 5:58 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

Originally posted by ChrisM

I went through multiple straps, both polar and garmin, using the strap approach with the garmin transmitter.   Always worked great for a couple months then would start cutting out after an hour of running.

I've since moved on to optical HR with the scosche rhythm.  Only pain is battery life and remembering to re charge but at least it works.  

Fenix now has optical HR but it's pricey and you can't for example mount it on the bike like you can with a 910 quick release and get HR data

As to the last question, I always use HR in conjunction with the PM

How does the scosche fit on your arm when in the aero bars? I am under the impression it goes on your forearm.
Joe
2016-06-14 6:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

It can go anywhere wrist to bicep (where I wear mine).  It's not ideal, but at least it gives accurate data 

Oh, and I washed the strap,m put new batteries in, and got a new one from garmin free.

Every.  Single.  Time.  They all failed  Going on 6 months plus with the scosche with no problems [knock wood]

Edited by ChrisM 2016-06-14 7:01 PM
2016-06-14 6:49 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Mine started to become stuck at 66 too I believe. I called Garmin and they sent out a new one without having to send old one back and it worked great. Make sure you have a fresh battery though since a dying battery will messed up the reading for sure.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HR fail Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Trainer HR vs Outside HR

Started by wiky
Views: 817 Posts: 2

2009-08-05 5:36 PM Steve-

LT HR compared to Aerobic threshold HR

Started by Bani
Views: 793 Posts: 3

2009-04-09 8:09 AM JorgeM

Bike HR v Running HR

Started by ForrestGump
Views: 1541 Posts: 18

2008-05-13 6:08 AM JBrashear

Is my Max HR my Max Hr?

Started by MrCjolsen
Views: 1298 Posts: 12

2005-09-30 6:47 PM Bisucas

Running HR vs. Biking HR

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 1249 Posts: 5

2005-02-24 12:45 PM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 24, 2015
author : BradSeng
comments : 0
While running, I've been really struggling to keep my heart rate down in the zone 2-3 range as frequently prescribed in the plan. This seems too slow?

date : April 17, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program is a beginner plan to bridge you from an a Half Ironman to Ironman using a HRM with the confidence that you can complete the race without difficulty.
date : December 8, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Highly trained athletes can maintain a specific HR longer than a newbie without much creeping; their endurance is greater—thus able to keep pace efficiently and without much additional increase in HR.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 8
Training plan terms and definitions for use in silver and gold member plan workouts. Many workout drills include VIDEO tutorials, see links below.
date : January 29, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My doctor says 140bpm HR is my max, but that feels like a walk in the park... I don't know what to do, how to train, and my motivation is waning. Any suggestions?

date : October 30, 2005
author : boneyard
When you can't catch a breath on the swim and your equipment fails, keep trying!!
date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.