General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hello from mo Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-14 6:09 PM

Subject: hello from mo
hello, im new on here and have never ran a tri. matter fact i just bought my first real bike, a giant defy 1, today. im 45, have it band issues and bad shoulders like most of you, but thinking about doin my first tri in august. they have the sprint but i work out distances farther than that so thinking about the olympic.
i apologize if i call something wrong, i have no background in this but interested in learning.
i do have a question, i have a eye disease an have to wear hard contact lenses to see anything. what goggles do you guys recommend that actually work.
thanks for the info and i look forward to getting involved with the sport and the people on here.

2016-06-15 2:43 PM
in reply to: bnsafe

Subject: RE: hello from mo
Welcome.
Hope to see you out there sometime....I'm 45 in MO and relatively new to this as well.

I got rid of my shoulder issues with some strength training....but, I'm no doctor.

Don't hesitate to do a shorter race too, if you want....just because you train further it's still all the same fun....just shorter.

I use whatever goggles work for me. Nothing special. I can get away without my glasses.
Some races, they set up tables right out of the swim for folks who need glasses and don't wear contacts....to get to their transition.
Considered prescription sunglasses? You can get them cheap from somewhere like zennioptical.com.
Glasses may be one less thing to go wrong? I don't know. I have zero experiences with contacts, but I know they can blow when "they go wrong".
I get all my regular glasses there...but I'm lucky I don't need them to run/ride so I just use whatever sunglasses I like.

2016-06-16 8:17 PM
in reply to: jhaack39

Subject: RE: hello from mo
thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.
i have to wear contacts, glasses wont work for me. but i will start trying some goggles an see what happens.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hello from mo Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hello from MO

Started by Elroy3
Views: 1041 Posts: 9

2012-05-22 4:55 PM Elroy3

Hello for KC, MO

Started by fireplug
Views: 848 Posts: 4

2011-10-13 2:56 PM imsmith8

Hello from the STL (St. Louis, MO. that is)

Started by bgrabowski
Views: 1162 Posts: 9

2010-10-24 12:39 AM UTMrunner

Hello from Fulton, MO

Started by mrhapner
Views: 900 Posts: 4

2008-08-11 5:12 PM shawn barr

hello from MO

Started by gerlbacher
Views: 700 Posts: 4

2005-02-05 9:01 PM Michael