General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orbea Avant M30 for triatlhon? Endurance bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-24 1:07 PM

Subject: Orbea Avant M30 for triatlhon? Endurance bike?
Hello all

I would like to buy my first bike in order to start training triathlon.
Is an Orbea Avant M30 a good option?? I read it is and endurance bike... Although I know it depends on drafting and so on for the competition, my goal would be to run a half ironman in 1.5years.
Would an endurance bike work for that?
I was told not to buy a tribike for day to day training, but to get a road bike... but the endurance appears!

Thanks so much for your help

2016-06-24 10:46 PM
in reply to: sgonzalez

Subject: RE: Orbea Avant M30 for triatlhon? Endurance bike?
Personnaly I don't have a lot of year of experience in the sport
But if you are serious in your goal, and you think you gonna do a 70.3 , year after year.
Go with a triathlon bike, this is what I did, and I don't regret it at all.
2016-06-25 6:59 AM
in reply to: sgonzalez

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
An endurance bike is really just a bike more relaxed geometry and sometimes a different (more compliant) carbon layup. It's still a good bike, but keep in mind that the taller head tube won't let you get very deep in front (which can actually be a good thing unless you're really flexible) and the slack geometry, although comfortable in the long run, won't handle as well.

It's not a bad choice, but you really need to think about what you want from the bike. An all-day bike, then it's a great choice. A race machine for shorter distance, then it's not the best choice. An aerodynamic option, then get a tri bike.
2016-07-02 8:17 AM
in reply to: 0

I just finished a HIM after doing my first ever tri (a sprint) at the end of last season. I ride and train both out in the country and in town. I opted for a road bike with clip on tri bars because I like having my hands on the hoods (brakes and shifters) when riding in town. Plus, to be honest, I like the option of riding more upright if I want to.

My plan going forward is to do 3-4 tris a year with this bike. Sprints, Olys and HIM. That plan and bike works for this early 60s age grouper.

Edited by HaydenHunter 2016-07-02 8:20 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orbea Avant M30 for triatlhon? Endurance bike? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Kestrel vs Orbea first road bike ??

Started by sgonzalez
Views: 1542 Posts: 4

2016-07-02 8:11 AM HaydenHunter

Tri bike for a shorty - Felt or Orbea?

Started by NYCLauren
Views: 846 Posts: 4

2009-06-13 6:41 PM NYCLauren

XS Orbea Aletta

Started by jesso
Views: 1582 Posts: 8

2007-07-27 2:41 PM jesso

Orbea Ordu?

Started by CptnJackSparrow
Views: 988 Posts: 9

2007-06-21 1:06 PM OrbeaMan

Cervelo Dual vs. Orbea Aletta

Started by ninecrushes
Views: 1066 Posts: 7

2007-04-24 12:34 AM browner6
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 29, 2016
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Defining "good fats" in an athlete's diet

date : September 26, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
New products from Prologo, Lake, Avia, Orbea, Ceepo, Jamis, Zipp, Profile, Scott and Specialized.
date : July 9, 2007
author : AMSSM
The consensus is that caffeine does enhance performance and decreases perceived exertion in endurance exercise. There are no significant performance benefits in short, high-intensity exercise.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
We have used the past three months to build endurance and strength on the bike and have added the swimming component to the program. Now, we’ll start building on your swimming endurance.
date : May 16, 2005
author : Glenn
The real secret to improvement in running and bike times is variety within the routine. Endurance activity requires you to vary your training for maximum results.

date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
“Less is more,” is a common buzz phrase in endurance sports today. It refers to the trend of training less but focusing on intensity and quality rather than on quantity.
date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 3
Program details of the 20 week olympic triathlon training plan including details on the swim, bike and run routines.