General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf strains doing BRIC workouts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-26 6:49 PM

Subject: Calf strains doing BRIC workouts
I'm having a problem with a right calf strain that happens after I finish my bike workout and then transition to a run. This morning I did a 60 min bike with no pain and then I ran fine for about .5 mile and then twang, my right calf muscle feels pain. I am icing it and I will definitely be stretching it more, but I am wondering is there is some reason it is happening after the biking? Anyone else have similar problems? Maybe its just a case of me having to do more stretching but wanted to see if anyone has thoughts?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf strains doing BRIC workouts Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain

Started by SpeedAgent
Views: 2524 Posts: 3

2010-07-25 5:19 PM ATLrunr

calf strain?

Started by natethomas2000
Views: 4262 Posts: 16

2010-05-30 2:31 PM ChineseDemocracy

Stress fracture in tibia or calf/soleus strain?

Started by trigirl74
Views: 2342 Posts: 3

2011-05-05 9:17 PM bel83

Calf Strain

Started by madkat
Views: 1187 Posts: 8

2006-12-15 12:06 AM AdventureBear

Calf strain

Started by boneyBP
Views: 743 Posts: 6

2006-06-21 6:38 AM foolproof
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 20, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I started my journey this month to lose weight with a goal of 100 pounds and completing three sprint triathlons. My beginning weight was 321 and it is now down to 307.

date : July 2, 2013
Deep calf pain can be a tricky problem to deal with, and it’s appropriate that you are paying attention to this pain before it becomes a more debilitating injury.
date : June 28, 2011
After two stress fractures, does new pain mean bad news?

date : August 5, 2010
comments : 4
Calf pain can have multiple causes. In your case, the most likely cause seems to be from a calf muscle strain. If you have had Achilles problems you can be predisposed to a calf injury.
date : August 22, 2009
I'm experiencing tightness and pain in my calf muscles including my left achilles tendon. The tendons seem to really stiffen when sitting or sleeping. I'm not doing anything new.

date : January 5, 2009
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.
date : September 13, 2007
I woke up with a huge painful cramp in my right calf. I do not think I was dehydrated. Can you offer clarity on what may have happened? Should I back off tomorrow's workout?

date : June 21, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.