General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dayton Triathlon groups Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-06 4:40 PM

Subject: Dayton Triathlon groups
Hi all --

New to triathlons and looking for some Triathlon groups in the Dayton area (I reside in Miami County) - either in person or virtual. Any suggestions for in person groups and/or online communities where I can connect with like minded individuals?

Thanks!

2016-07-06 9:53 PM
in reply to: cb3121

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Dayton Triathlon groups
Hi! There used to be a Wednesday night self-supported triathlon at Caesar Creek, but I don't know if that's still going on. Does anyone on here know?
2016-07-07 12:59 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

Yes, that series is still going on through speedy-feet.com. They just had one last night - unfortunately the timing of the previous events didn't fit in to my schedule, but I'm hopeful for the one on the 20th.
2016-07-08 9:09 PM

Not sure about triathlon, but there is a solid bike team up there called Team Dayton if you're looking for some folks to ride with. They seems like a good bunch, I'd guess you could join them if you asked.

2016-07-10 6:46 PM
in reply to: ziggie204

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
There is also a group called Mad cow or something of the sorts, search for mad cow rambles and their blog will come up. They do random group rides and have a Wedneday night time trial series out by casstown. I have only met a few members and they have all been welcoming. They still try to talk me into a fatbike for winter but the CEO would hang me if I attempted!

I live up in Shelby county and tend to ride down towards Piqua on frequent occasions, depending on where you are I'm always up for company.
2016-07-10 10:58 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Veteran
I am in Troy and ride the bike path Tuesday, Thursday and once on the weekend all around 10am.

2016-08-03 9:47 AM

I did some digging and came across an old thread talking about DT3 but it appears their website is down. There is also a shared google calendar with some generic workouts loaded in. The last I could find from them was in regards to one of their members was hit and killed. I still have a black ribbon on my back from the last death ride i participated in...

So my name is Andy and I live out in the Bellbrook/Sugarcreek area. I started doing Tri's a bit last year and I have scheduled 10 for this season of which I have 4 left. I'm trying to get back into shape and my goal is to convert the sprints I'm doing this year to olympics and maybe throw in a half next year. I have about 25lbs. to shed...

My best comparable is from the Mason tri to this year. I pulled 6.5 minutes off prior year's time. My transitions are getting faster and I've actually started doing some mild training. Alum creek is coming up!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dayton Triathlon groups Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Looking for some advice on Bike Repair/Rental in Dayton/Nasty Nati

Started by dtjunkie
Views: 1304 Posts: 4

2009-05-13 6:08 PM nthomas1999

Flying Pig- Dayton Area runners?

Started by bananatoes
Views: 990 Posts: 1

2008-12-26 9:01 AM bananatoes

Dayton Cincy Area Folks

Started by bananatoes
Views: 1502 Posts: 5

2008-06-29 7:25 PM daisy2908

Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton

Started by acsdesign
Views: 1230 Posts: 4

2007-09-05 9:00 PM acsdesign

Where to practice? Dayton-Cincy

Started by jpdanis
Views: 1010 Posts: 3

2007-07-17 9:29 AM Mimir98
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : April 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
A disappointing start to the season need not set the tone.
date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : August 17, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
37-year-old Bill Fults is an age-group triathlete. But by day he's an Air Flight Paramedic. He also spent the better part of a decade as an Army Ranger.

date : November 10, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 1
Which component group is right for you? Here are some differences on weight, performance and price between the Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105 component groups.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.