Other Resources The Political Joe » Cop shootings Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-07-08 8:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Cop shootings

I saw the video of the guy being shot while in his car and it chills thru me.

I was 16 and my buddy and I were coming back from Alexandria in his grandfather's Buick. We were speeding and got pulled over by a Louisiana State Policeman.   My buddy was talking to the cop while I was in the passenger seat trying to hide beer under the seat. The cop saw me and came around to my side of the car. I rolled down the window with one hand with my other hand still trying to push beers under the front seat. As I turn to see the cop he hit my right in the forehead with the end of his gun. He was yelling for me to get my hands up. I put my hands up and he jerked me out of the car. He holstered his gun and shined his flashlight on the floor and saw the beer. He said, "You little s*** is that all you were trying to do, hide beer? I almost shot your !" There were several more expletives in there. He was pissed. He hit me hard in the chest with the end of his flashlight. He was shaking as much as I was. He knew he had almost shot an unarmed kid. He told us to go home and he quickly got in his car and sped away. He was very shaken!

That was about as close as I've ever come to getting shot in the head.

Had I been shot that night it would have been in the paper the next day as an accidental shooting and the cop would have received reprimand and sent back to work. But there would be no demonstrations........no protest, no comments from the governor or the president of the US.

I think cops walk a very thin line. I believe 99% of them are good cops who do their jobs right. I think the only way to 'weed out' the bad cops it to do a better job of screening people in the first place. There are cops that were picked on as a kids who put on a badge and a gun and walk around with a chip on his shoulder demanding respect. Psychologists ought to be able to come up with a series of tests to find these people who really have no business putting on a badge.

2016-07-08 9:14 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Cop shootings

I'm one of those cursed people who never wanted to be anything in my life except a Police Officer.  My dad was, his dad was, and I had enormous respect for them, their fellow officers, and the work they did.  I came of age in the late 60's and early 70's and it was then, as now, a tough time to be a Police Officer.  The Police will always get the most criticism during times of general civil unrest and division.  It just comes with the work. 

To your point, Rogillio, I remember watching an episode of Dragnet when I was a kid in which an Officer did something out of line and a citizen asked Sgt. Friday why the Police couldn't do a better job of weeding out people who weren't suited to the job or had other problems that should keep them out of the job. (my run on sentence of the day   )  Friday said, "ma'am, as long as we have to get our officers from the human race their will be people who shouldn't do this job".  It was true then and it's true now.

A MAJOR problem we have now is that this generation of recruits have a very hard time just talking to people.  Thanks to the internet, gaming, texting, and social media, the art of dealing with people face to face, being able to read body language, intent, etc. is becoming lost.  That's inherently detrimental to good police work.

I don't have any answers, and only about 4 more years to work.  When I leave I will live somewhere with very few people.  I'm not bitter and I still love the work.  I'm just tired.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-07-08 9:17 AM
2016-07-08 9:28 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Left Brain

I'm one of those cursed people who never wanted to be anything in my life except a Police Officer.  My dad was, his dad was, and I had enormous respect for them, their fellow officers, and the work they did.  I came of age in the late 60's and early 70's and it was then, as now, a tough time to be a Police Officer.  The Police will always get the most criticism during times of general civil unrest and division.  It just comes with the work. 

To your point, Rogillio, I remember watching an episode of Dragnet when I was a kid in which an Officer did something out of line and a citizen asked Sgt. Friday why the Police couldn't do a better job of weeding out people who weren't suited to the job or had other problems that should keep them out of the job. (my run on sentence of the day   )  Friday said, "ma'am, as long as we have to get our officers from the human race their will be people who shouldn't do this job".  It was true then and it's true now.

A MAJOR problem we have now is that this generation of recruits have a very hard time just talking to people.  Thanks to the internet, gaming, texting, and social media, the art of dealing with people face to face, being able to read body language, intent, etc. is becoming lost.  That's inherently detrimental to good police work.

I don't have any answers, and only about 4 more years to work.  When I leave I will live somewhere with very few people.  I'm not bitter and I still love the work.  I'm just tired.

So are you a cop?

My granddaddy was a deputy sheriff in Louisiana in the 1950s. My dad told me a story about a black man my granddaddy had to periodically go out and arrest. Not sure if he was a bootlegger or what. Anyway, Granddaddy would go out to the guys place and tell the guy "Come on Leon, I caught ya, Let's go." The guys would say, "Yessah, you shore did Mr Mack." And Granddaddy would take him in. A year or so after my granddaddy quit the sheriff's department there was a story in the paper where Leon had been shot and killed by a deputy who had been sent out to arrest him. Apparently the deputy broke down the door, the guy ran or maybe got a gun and the cop shot him. Dad said that Granddaddy said that never should have happened. Leon would not hurt a flea.

2016-07-08 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

I agree with LB (and Sgt. Friday ) 100%

I think that the best is done to try to find the "right" people to put on the job... the entrance tests, the oral boards, the drug tests, the psych tests, the poly, and on and on.  Not all Depts do this but many do.  Problem is, people are people with all their faults.

I also don't discount the current state of affairs and the evolution of society as a whole as a contributing factor.  Back when I was a kid, we were taught to respect adults and authority figures.  Now-a-days kids aren't disciplined and society encourages disobedient behavior, questioning authority, and the general sense of "entitlement", for lack of a better word.

I always encourage my family, friends, etc. to simply do as you're told when in an encounter with an officer.  You may be right, you may be 10000% right, but during the interaction is NOT the time to try to prove it.  In the moment  you are all but guaranteed to lose.  Comply, do as you're told, and live to prove you are right in front of the judge.

2016-07-08 9:54 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
My Father-in-law was a cop on the NYPD for almost 30 years, much of it as a sergeant at Midtown South, which is the busiest police precinct in the country (not necessarily the most dangerous, but since it serves Times Square, Penn Station and Port Authority Bus terminal, they've got a lot on their hands.

Anyway, in 30 years he never so much as drew his gun. He defused situations verbally and, for cops in that era, drawing one's weapon was something that most cops could expect to do a couple of times in a career, if ever. That's completely changed. I think he told me that he only knew one other cop who'd actually shot someone. I had a buddy who worked as a homicide detective in the NYPD for 20+ years, and even he had only been in a couple of situations where he needed to fire his gun-- both times trying to arrest murder suspects.

I wonder, in addition to the reasons that LB proposed, whether it has to do with the fact that I would expect that a lot more recruits are joining the PD's after leaving the military. There are certainly plenty of skills that cross over from the military to the police department, but the relationship with the public is completely different. Cops, even in the most dangerous places in the country are, ostensibly, citizens protecting fellow citizens. I think there's a tendency of some cops, especially those who come from military backgrounds, to view the public as "others" and themselves as an occupying force, there to keep order and enforce the law, rather than to protect and defend their fellow citizens.

I agree entirely that it's a difficult line to walk, and every one of these shootings makes it harder and harder to make the case to certain segments of the population that the cops are on their side, even though there are far, far more good cops than bad ones.
2016-07-08 11:04 PM

User image

Elite
Reno

The part about not reading people is really intereating and, I think, applicable to both of these incidents.     I heard an NPR segment about an experiment with people with Asperger's syndrome.   They struggle to "read" people, etc.   a magnet therapy induces a period of time where they can detect things like sarcasm, etc.    here:   http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/08/484812170/what-an-hour-of-emotion-makes-visible

Mr Booty called and told me he was pulled over and ticketed for speeding yesterday.   He is  non-white man (ethnicity not clear to most Americans, speaks with an undeterminable (to most Americans) accent) who is a CCW Permit holder, and who carries while traveling the  state of NV for work.     The air sucked out of my lungs For a minute.  That could  happen to him, I thought.    He tells me he knows to keep his hand on the steering wheel while speaking to a cop, and to announce every movement before he does it.  (I've never thought to do that the few times I have been pulled over).    He wondered why the man in MN told the cop he was carrying when he was not asked.    Might the gun have been positioned so that reaching for his wallet would have exposed it?

LB - would you comment on that?   In my CCW class, the (ex cop) instructor told us not to volunteer anything.   He even said that if asked, say no unless it is physically on yoU.   

no one has posted since the Dallas shooting of cops.   And now I saw another cop being shot.   Crap.    so freaking awful.  I think that most Americans can agree that you shouldn't have to worry about their loved ones getting killed when they leave the house In the U.S.   Not to use meme retoric - but the color of their skin or uniform should not make anyone a Target.   

2016-07-09 7:57 AM

User image

Elite
I just watched the Baton Rouge shooting again...and I'm really interested to hear your takes on it.
In my opinion, the video does not give us enough information to know whether the killing was justified or not.
I see 2 cops on the guy.
I see the suspect's L hand pinned down, but I do NOT see the guy's R hand.
From what I read, the officer's badge cams fell off, but the audio can still be used.
In my opinion, it all comes down to where this guy's R hand was. If it's in a pocket, and someone's yelling, "He's got a gun!" The shooting of the guy is warranted.

btw, I know I get flamed for this all the time, but the guy who was killed was a flaming scumbag. He had been arrested multiple times, failed to register as the sex offender he is twice, has had multiple violent acts on his rap sheet, robbery, stolen goods, etc....he never should have been let out of jail in my opinion.

Has "Black Lives Matter" done anything useful? Or, is it just fanning the flames of cop-hate? I'm guessing it's the latter. Very sad.

2016-07-10 6:39 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro

Bootygirl -  All I can tell you is that in the one time ( ) I was stopped by the Police I turn my dome light on, put my hands on the steering wheel, and if I have a gun I let them know as soon as I can get it in the conversation.  I say, "I'm a police officer and I have a gun... (in the glove box, under the seat, etc)"  If I was not a Police Officer I would just simply say where it was.  I would say something like, "Just so you are aware, I carry a gun for my safety....(it's in the glove box, under the seat, etc.}.  If I was asked if I had a gun before I got around to it I'd say, "yes I do, I carry it for safety... (it's in the glove box, under the seats, etc.)

ChineseDem - I see the video as you do.....in fact, if you watch it closely, you see that the right arm of the suspect is not still at any point. (not you personally, the collective "you")  Additionally, if you listen closely you will hear THREE references to a gun by one of the Officers.  The first is, "Gun!!"   The second is, "He's got a gun."  The third is, very excitedly."Mike!!!, He's going for his gun!!!".  At that point he is shot.  I would have shot him as well.   To me, if you want to question what happened there, question the initial tackle by the officer and how they all end up the ground.  I don't know the answer to that question because nobody, that I have seen, has asked it. 

I will tell you this, when a fight goes to the ground and the suspect has a gun anywhere on his person, it's a VERY dangerous thing.  IN case you are one of those people who doesn't believe that, I invite you to try to wrestle me into submission while I have a gun.  You'll need one of your own to shoot me with if you want to survive it.   I don't mean that as some "tough guy" statement.......I will need one to wrestle you into submission if you have a gun as well....especially if you reach for it in any way.  I'm not wrestling. 

My job description may include possibly dying to save someone from a host of dangerous situations. I'll be there if I have to be.  It DOES NOT include me dying while I try to arrest someone......and I will fight, and have fought, with every ounce of my being (including shooting you if I feel it necessary) to survive an encounter like that.

2016-07-11 7:42 AM

User image

Brooklyn, New York

Bootygirl -  All I can tell you is that in the one time ( ) I was stopped by the Police I turn my dome light on, put my hands on the steering wheel, and if I have a gun I let them know as soon as I can get it in the conversation.  I say, "I'm a police officer and I have a gun... (in the glove box, under the seat, etc)"  If I was not a Police Officer I would just simply say where it was.  I would say something like, "Just so you are aware, I carry a gun for my safety....(it's in the glove box, under the seat, etc.}.  If I was asked if I had a gun before I got around to it I'd say, "yes I do, I carry it for safety... (it's in the glove box, under the seats, etc.)

ChineseDem - I see the video as you do.....in fact, if you watch it closely, you see that the right arm of the suspect is not still at any point. (not you personally, the collective "you")  Additionally, if you listen closely you will hear THREE references to a gun by one of the Officers.  The first is, "Gun!!"   The second is, "He's got a gun."  The third is, very excitedly."Mike!!!, He's going for his gun!!!".  At that point he is shot.  I would have shot him as well.   To me, if you want to question what happened there, question the initial tackle by the officer and how they all end up the ground.  I don't know the answer to that question because nobody, that I have seen, has asked it. 

I will tell you this, when a fight goes to the ground and the suspect has a gun anywhere on his person, it's a VERY dangerous thing.  IN case you are one of those people who doesn't believe that, I invite you to try to wrestle me into submission while I have a gun.  You'll need one of your own to shoot me with if you want to survive it.   I don't mean that as some "tough guy" statement.......I will need one to wrestle you into submission if you have a gun as well....especially if you reach for it in any way.  I'm not wrestling. 

My job description may include possibly dying to save someone from a host of dangerous situations. I'll be there if I have to be.  It DOES NOT include me dying while I try to arrest someone......and I will fight, and have fought, with every ounce of my being (including shooting you if I feel it necessary) to survive an encounter like that.

I live in NYC, have many officer friends, of all ages, and all races, many of them former students of mine and in my conversations with them, LB, living many states away and older than they are, said SO MUCH of the SAME THING. It's just simply a truth and a reality that will never be acknowledged in public or the media
2016-07-11 10:14 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

Bootygirl -  All I can tell you is that in the one time ( ) I was stopped by the Police I turn my dome light on, put my hands on the steering wheel, and if I have a gun I let them know as soon as I can get it in the conversation.  I say, "I'm a police officer and I have a gun... (in the glove box, under the seat, etc)"  If I was not a Police Officer I would just simply say where it was.  I would say something like, "Just so you are aware, I carry a gun for my safety....(it's in the glove box, under the seat, etc.}.  If I was asked if I had a gun before I got around to it I'd say, "yes I do, I carry it for safety... (it's in the glove box, under the seats, etc.

Isn't that what the guy in MN did? Let the officer know he was armed. Well I guess its according his GF.

One thing I heard is the guy had 2 strikes and being arrested would mean life in prison at this point. That could explain the struggle on his part. Of course if the cops new this then they knew he basically had nothing to lose at this point which also makes it completely dangerous situation.

Todd

2016-07-11 10:32 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro

Originally posted by chirunner134

Bootygirl -  All I can tell you is that in the one time ( ) I was stopped by the Police I turn my dome light on, put my hands on the steering wheel, and if I have a gun I let them know as soon as I can get it in the conversation.  I say, "I'm a police officer and I have a gun... (in the glove box, under the seat, etc)"  If I was not a Police Officer I would just simply say where it was.  I would say something like, "Just so you are aware, I carry a gun for my safety....(it's in the glove box, under the seat, etc.}.  If I was asked if I had a gun before I got around to it I'd say, "yes I do, I carry it for safety... (it's in the glove box, under the seats, etc.

Isn't that what the guy in MN did? Let the officer know he was armed. Well I guess its according his GF. One thing I heard is the guy had 2 strikes and being arrested would mean life in prison at this point. That could explain the struggle on his part. Of course if the cops new this then they knew he basically had nothing to lose at this point which also makes it completely dangerous situation. Todd

I have no idea how the stop in Mn. went down.  The aftermath, however, looked horrible.

2016-07-11 12:08 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

So where does it end?  People are protesting.....and that is fine to 'get attention' but you have to do more than just get attention.  What are their demands?  What specifically would they like to see change?  Protesting for the sake of protesting accomplishes nothing IMO.  You might just off a bunch of motorist on the interstate who needed to get to a job interview or to the hospital or doctor's appointment or pick up their kids from school or day care.  How does that further your cause?  They are chanting 'we want justice' and I think we all want justice.  One nation under God with liberty and justice for all.  But that does not mean we throw out due process and form a lynch mob because some people watched the video and are convinced they saw a murder.

Just seems like the 'leaders' of these movements would be better served it they met with government and law enforcement and came up with ideas on how to improve things.  Yelling in the street and throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails does NOT advance your cause!

2016-07-11 12:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio

So where does it end?  People are protesting.....and that is fine to 'get attention' but you have to do more than just get attention.  What are their demands?  What specifically would they like to see change?  Protesting for the sake of protesting accomplishes nothing IMO.  You might just off a bunch of motorist on the interstate who needed to get to a job interview or to the hospital or doctor's appointment or pick up their kids from school or day care.  How does that further your cause?  They are chanting 'we want justice' and I think we all want justice.  One nation under God with liberty and justice for all.  But that does not mean we throw out due process and form a lynch mob because some people watched the video and are convinced they saw a murder.

Just seems like the 'leaders' of these movements would be better served it they met with government and law enforcement and came up with ideas on how to improve things.  Yelling in the street and throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails does NOT advance your cause!

yeah, we should have more deviant gun toting thugs like yourself running around with AR-15's in chipotles instead.  thats good ol american 2nd amendment rights git er dunn

2016-07-11 1:16 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by dmiller5

yeah, we should have more deviant gun toting thugs like yourself running around with AR-15's in chipotles instead.  thats good ol american 2nd amendment rights git er dunn

Wow, where did that come from?  Please no not take your necktie off or the foreskin will come up over your ears!

2016-07-11 1:30 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Very thoughtful and tolerant post Dave.  lol

This stuff will stop when politicians stop trying to divide us based on race, income, and age.  Obama has done his very best to convince black people that they are different and being treated differently so that they act as though they are.  It's not just Obama, but as an example.

However from a facts standpoint there have been just as many white deaths by police as there have been black deaths, but the number of crimes committed by blacks is far greater.  It's not a race issue, it's a fear issue.

I don't care if you're white or black; if you act like a thug to police and do things that make them think you have a gun then you have a much higher chance of getting shot.  As LB mentioned with any interaction with the police I tell them right away that I'm carrying or where my gun is at and have my light on window down with my hands out the window so they can see them.  I do my very best to make their job easier in every way.
Even if they arrest me and are completely wrong in every way I will comply with every request and fight the charges later in a court of law versus try and argue and fight with a cop on the street.  That's just stupid.

As for the video of the shooting the guy may or may not have deserved to get shot, but he dam sure did everything he possibly could to ensure that he did and nothing to ensure that he didn't.  In my opinion the police were fully justified.

2016-07-11 8:13 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Why do we want guns.  Its our second amendment right so that we can defend ourselves if the government is bad.  Well.  Theres a lot of people who think blacks aren't being treated properly.  Some of them have decided to start shooting cops.

This is exactly what the 2nd amendment people are advocating for, and this is why we shouldn't have guns.

2016-07-11 8:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Why do we want guns.  Its our second amendment right so that we can defend ourselves if the government is bad.  Well.  Theres a lot of people who think blacks aren't being treated properly.  Some of them have decided to start shooting cops.

This is exactly what the 2nd amendment people are advocating for, and this is why we shouldn't have guns.

You start smoking crack or something?

First off, your premise is completely wrong because whites are statistically killed by cops far more than blacks even though blacks are arrested far more often.  #fail
Second, you're buying into the racial division your leaders want you to and you're now advocating the murder of innocent white people based on the lies you're being told.

There's naive and ill informed and then there's just moronic racism.  I believe you have crossed the line

2016-07-11 8:21 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

You start smoking crack or something?

First off, your premise is completely wrong because whites are statistically killed by cops far more than blacks even though blacks are arrested far more often.  #fail
Second, you're buying into the racial division your leaders want you to and you're now advocating the murder of innocent white people based on the lies you're being told.

There's naive and ill informed and then there's just moronic racism.  I believe you have crossed the line

#stopmakingupyourownstatistics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.dff115c87087

2016-07-11 8:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Wow, where did that come from?  Please no not take your necktie off or the foreskin will come up over your ears!

how will i explain to my kids about the racist in the bathroom with a gun

2016-07-11 8:26 PM
in reply to: #5190006

User image

Champion
Alabama
Cirp Chirp
2016-07-11 11:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

When I think about how many violent encounters with violent people Police Officers have each and every day (collectively) where nobody gets killed,  I wonder how we got to the point where we are so divided. 

If I were king I would require every citizen to ride at least 40 hours per year with a Police Officer on duty....you can opt out when you've seen enough.  I would be a benevolent king.

On another note.......if you want to see some of the best that policing has to offer, follow the comments and ideas from this fellow whenever you can.....

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/dallas-police-chief-says-we-re-asking-cops-to-do/article_0fb241b6-2e85-5b6e-b198-fb29401c05be.html

Chief Brown is a really bright guy with some good, plain, common sense ideas/comments on policing.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-07-12 12:07 AM

2016-07-12 6:45 AM

User image

Elite

I actually believe in the enforcement of sensible gun laws, but to say we "shouldn't have guns" is kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I do agree that the notion of gunowners thinking they are protecting themselves against a potentially bad government is tinfoil hat silly. BUT, I will say that the more likely need for civilian gun ownership (after hunting of course) is societal breakdown...the potential fallout of a post-terrorist attack (cyber, biological, chemical, nuclear, etc.) in which society breaks down would necessitate ownership of a firearm. If people can't get food and water, there will come a point they will seek it at any cost. Every law-abiding citizen has a right to protect his or her property.

As for Black Lives Matter, they could possibly be the stupidest group going right now...perhaps they could share a banquet hall rental at the Holiday Inn Express with the Flat Earth Society. Yes, that stupid. If the Dems get too close to these whackjobs, they'll be indirectly helping elect the GOP nominee who may be Trump. It will be imperative that Hillary forcefully condemn the cop-hating speech of the BLM protesters. Her lead in the polls will suffer if she does not.

2016-07-12 7:00 AM

User image

Brooklyn, New York
We've become divided because we elected a community organizer as the leader of the free world. It starts at the head. From there down those in offices who he helped or directly put there (i.e. Holder and Lynch) for example have perpetuated this polarizing ideal. They benefit by defining darn near everything as racial/sex/gender based. Practically all of it. (throw George Soros in there too - ugh!)

Working with mostly black and middle eastern students and being a "white guy" (though half Puerto Rican) for over 16 years; everything changed when he went into office. I never had to address the theme of victimhood as much as I have had to do in my health classes. For ideas so egregious you think to yourself, "...my GOD! where are they getting this from!?" NEVER before in my life was I ever accused of being racist or sexist until he went into office.

There are many many more people who can put together statements here and elsewhere that are deeply wordy and political. It's not my style, I just read the writing on the wall, I READ the writings in Obama's BOOK! There was a desire to fundamentally change this country and the easiest way was to divide and create conditions of disorder and divide.

What you also have is a new generation who went through a school system I witnessed become VERY VERY different than it was in years past. If you heard some of the wording and teachings of teachers and professors you would have to step out of the room and double check if you were STILL in America. That has significant impact and the climate we're now in has been in development for at least 10 years in the making.

Add the media and who drives it and you can perpetuate and spin things in the direction you want it to. The "you" is easily debated, and that's not the plan here in my post. What I am trying to say is, working with thousands of black and middle eastern CHILDREN you can see what this is all doing. Many adults are set in their ways, it's the children who will form the future and we're ruining them with all this, Orrrrr, doing exactly what was planned

*By the way, of everyone out there in the politcal world, Trump fits in the LEAST, why else is he hated by so many.
** I hope I made a point in the post... (I really hate politics)
2016-07-12 7:06 AM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

Champion
Alabama

It does start at the top and that is why the racial divide is so great in this country.  Remember Obama jumping the gun and assuming the Cambridge police sergeant behaved inappropriately?  Then he had to eat crow at a 'beer summit'.  But the damage was already done.

X

2016-07-12 9:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Cop shootings Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

California shooting...... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Left Brain
Views: 3111 Posts: 58

2014-06-03 12:38 PM Stuartap

Yet ANOTHER school shooting...and another thread about gun control. Pages: 1 2 3

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 5347 Posts: 73

2014-01-02 12:12 PM jmk-brooklyn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I just completed my first Ironman season and I was free of injuries. I am now just messing around when I run at a fast pace (for me), I get a shooting pain in my right knee.

date : August 7, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?