Other Resources The Political Joe » Cop shootings Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-07-12 9:43 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Cop shootings
I can answer his last question......we did it without people like him, you know, whiners and sideline sitters. It's easy to point fingers and tell everybody what they're doing wrong without any skin in the game. We seem to have raised a generation of those kinds of people. Of course, thats not true, and the doers of the generation will quietly carry us along over the big mouth whiners as they always have. I wanted to smack that guy 20 seconds into the video.

2016-07-12 10:12 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2016-07-12 10:52 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Left Brain

Of course, thats not true, and the doers of the generation will quietly carry us along over the big mouth whiners as they always have.

This might be the best thing you've posted on here LB. And it's totally right and something that most people just don't see. The whole, "what has this generation come to" thing has been around for generations and generations. The top 10% of each generation will only occupy 10% of that population (dang statistics) so what happens is people compare the top 10% from last generation to the bulk of the next one and it doesn't add up.

It's just like music. Why does it seem that music from the past is SOOO much better than current music? It's because we're only still listening to the top 1% of the music that came out. We've long since forgotten about the 99% of the crap that was around at the time. So we compare that top 1% of music from the 70's to all the music of today and we say...what has happened? Nothing has happened, it's just comparing the pointy end of one group to the thickest part of the bell of another. Same with people. Don't compare the few greats from yesterday to the many loudmouth whiners of today or it'll look like the world is doomed. It's not.
2016-07-12 8:09 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Reno

Originally posted by Left Brain

Bootygirl -  All I can tell you is that in the one time ( ) I was stopped by the Police I turn my dome light on, put my hands on the steering wheel, and if I have a gun I let them know as soon as I can get it in the conversation.  I say, "I'm a police officer and I have a gun... (in the glove box, under the seat, etc)"  If I was not a Police Officer I would just simply say where it was.  I would say something like, "Just so you are aware, I carry a gun for my safety....(it's in the glove box, under the seat, etc.}.  If I was asked if I had a gun before I got around to it I'd say, "yes I do, I carry it for safety... (it's in the glove box, under the sea

i didn't think my instructor was telling us what the police wanted us to do, but what he wouled do.   I didn't think too highly of my class.   iMO, a CCW permit holder should not be a neophyte to guns - it should require intermediate knowledge of gun handling, at least.    I practiced a lot before taking it.   There were several people in my class that had obviously never shot a gun, and didn't own one - they used a loaner.   I wonder what else I was told wrong.    

2016-07-21 9:49 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Well this isn't going to help anything.  Even the cop that shot him didn't know why he did it.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/20/north-miami-cops-shoot-behavioral-therap

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Cop shootings Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

California shooting...... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Left Brain
Views: 3116 Posts: 58

2014-06-03 12:38 PM Stuartap

Yet ANOTHER school shooting...and another thread about gun control. Pages: 1 2 3

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 5350 Posts: 73

2014-01-02 12:12 PM jmk-brooklyn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I just completed my first Ironman season and I was free of injuries. I am now just messing around when I run at a fast pace (for me), I get a shooting pain in my right knee.

date : August 7, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?