User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Gary Johnson?

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Hook'em

Hoping to get the Gary Johnson thread back on track:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20160911_The_Pulse__Smerconish__Open_debates_to_Libertarians.html

Gary who?

Oh yeah, that guy.  "Gary, what do you think about Aleppo?"

Gary:  "Well, I much preferred Grouch and Harpo...."

Gary is quickly establishing himself as the "Sarah Palin" of this election.  uh boy

I've been on record saying intellect isn't necessarily a qualification for President, but he's straining my belief in this area. 
Gary Johnson completely botches Chelsea explosion response

I also saw a couple stories yesterday that Weld was considering dropping from the ticket due to not wanting to hurt Hillary and throw the election to Trump.

Sarah?  Did someone say Sarah?  Where?  Which way did she go?

2016-09-19 12:21 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by chirunner134

I also saw a couple stories yesterday that Weld was considering dropping from the ticket due to not wanting to hurt Hillary and throw the election to Trump.

Except never Trump/ Never Hillary people just have to go else where. Though if they force me to choose I think at this point I will have to go Trump over Hillary. bad president for 4 years might be better than keeping the status quot.

I admit he was not my first choice from the GOP field.  I like Newt.  But in hindsight, I don't think any in the GOP field had a chance of being her except Trump.  Everyone else was more of the same.  Trump has gotten where he is mostly because he is not part of the establishment and is not sold out to all the big corporate donors.  So you'd have Clinton vs Bush or Clinton vs Cruz and it would just be yeah, yeah, yeah, more of the same old / same old.....nothing ever changes.

I believe the US is about to auger in and crash under our own debt.  The ONLY way out of this debt hole is to grow the economy and cut or hold spending flat.  And that is never gonna happen with Clinton.....who has never run a business and tried to meet the payroll.  Maybe.....just maybe.....maybe a businessman will know what has to be done to grow the economy....bring in the experts and demand results and if they don't deliver, fire them and get people who can make it work. 

2016-09-29 9:26 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Poor Gary, I'm not sure he's even going to get more than he did last election at the rate he's going:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/29/gary-johnson-has-aleppo-moment-when-asked-about-his-favorite-foreign-leader.html

2016-09-29 9:53 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama

Poor Gary, I'm not sure he's even going to get more than he did last election at the rate he's going:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/29/gary-johnson-has-aleppo-moment-when-asked-about-his-favorite-foreign-leader.html

It speaks to his foreign policy of noninterventionist (isolationist).

X

2016-09-29 10:27 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
"Hillary Clinton was at least once a fan of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Clinton said in 2009 that:

We look forward to President Mubarak coming as soon as his schedule would permit. I had a wonderful time with him this morning. I really consider President and Mrs. Mubarak to be friends of my family. So I hope to see him often here in Egypt and in the United States.

As noted by Jonah Bennett of The Daily Caller:

Mubrak ruled Egypt for almost three decades before his reign ended unceremoniously in 2011. While serving as “president,” he wielded virtually unlimited power, and was functionally equivalent to a dictator. He presided over political suppression and police brutality. While it doesn’t seem as though he personally tortured anyone, he simply handed that responsibility over to the Ministry of the Interior.

-----------

What, then, about Donald Trump? The Republican nominee has on numerous occasions expressed admiration for Russian President Vladimir Putin. Trump recently praised Putin for his “very strong control over a country.” He has also remarked that “Certainly, in that system, he’s been a leader, far more than our president has been a leader.”

In 2014 alone, Putin infamously cracked down on free speech, gay rights, and civil liberties. Putin’s first impulses often involve punishing political opponents and in general operating an authoritarian regime."

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/trump-clinton-leaders-admire/
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Gary Johnson? Rss Feed  

of 4