Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Gary Johnson?
Originally posted by crowny2

Originally posted by Hook'em

Wow.  This isn't going to help him any.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/us/politics/gary-johnson-aleppo.html?_r=0

I thought this was an ironic note at the end of the piece:  Correction: September 8, 2016 - An earlier version of this article incorrectly called the city of Aleppo the de facto capital of the Islamic State and an ISIS stronghold. Raqqa, in northern Syria, is the de facto ISIS capital.

Gary Johnson is not going to become POTUS.  I don't believe that anyone voting for him believes that he will be POTUS.  People are voting for him, and Jill Stein, because they are sick and tired of the collusive oligopoly which produced the likes of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as the Democrat and Republican alternatives.

I agree he likely won't get anywhere close, but this really isn't helping him.  He needs to get to that magic 15% threshold to get into the debates and this is a big time flub.  I can see where the average Joe may not know what Aleppo is but he sure as hell should.

Hey,at least he didn't pretend that he did know and ramble on like most politicians. When's the last time you heard a major candidate be honest and say "I don't know"?

2016-09-08 10:39 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by tuwood

Wow.  This isn't going to help him any.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/us/politics/gary-johnson-aleppo.html?_r=0

I thought this was an ironic note at the end of the piece:  Correction: September 8, 2016 - An earlier version of this article incorrectly called the city of Aleppo the de facto capital of the Islamic State and an ISIS stronghold. Raqqa, in northern Syria, is the de facto ISIS capital.

Gary Johnson is not going to become POTUS.  I don't believe that anyone voting for him believes that he will be POTUS.  People are voting for him, and Jill Stein, because they are sick and tired of the collusive oligopoly which produced the likes of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as the Democrat and Republican alternatives.

I agree he likely won't get anywhere close, but this really isn't helping him.  He needs to get to that magic 15% threshold to get into the debates and this is a big time flub.  I can see where the average Joe may not know what Aleppo is but he sure as hell should.

Hey,at least he didn't pretend that he did know and ramble on like most politicians. When's the last time you heard a major candidate be honest and say "I don't know"?

TONS of times.  Mainly when they are being accused of something.  And normally it isn't "I don't know" but more "I don't recall". 

2016-09-10 9:14 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Elite
Talk about a Palin moment.
Johnson knows about as much about Syria as Trump does of Ukraine.
Both of these guys are unprepared.
2016-09-12 7:43 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Talk about a Palin moment. Johnson knows about as much about Syria as Trump does of Ukraine. Both of these guys are unprepared.

With a 6 hr briefing from the CIA, State Dept and Joint Chiefs and he would know enough about Syria as Kerry and Obama.

People get the idea that you need to an expert on everything to be president.  You don't.  You need to be a good executive.   Executives take the best information from multiple sources, weight the data as they see fit, weight the recommendations and then make the final decision.

Palin?  Did someone mention Palin?  I love that woman! 

(SP.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
SP.jpg (46KB - 3 downloads)
2016-09-12 9:05 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

You know that's not Palin, right?

2016-09-12 9:26 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Alabama

You know that's not Palin, right?

It is in my mind. 

2016-09-12 9:35 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

She is even hotter in this pix.

(SP2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
SP2.jpg (53KB - 2 downloads)
2016-09-12 9:49 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
I had the pleasure of meeting her in person and she is definitely on my list ;-)
2016-09-12 10:39 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

I had the pleasure of meeting her in person and she is definitely on my list ;-)

I debated driving 4 hours to her book signing.
2016-09-12 10:58 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by chirunner134
Originally posted by tuwood I had the pleasure of meeting her in person and she is definitely on my list ;-)
I debated driving 4 hours to her book signing.

I'd drive 10 hrs just to see her paint the hall.

2016-09-12 11:38 AM

User image

Pro

I would drive 10 hours in the opposite direction for the peace of mind that she was 20 hours away from me.

2016-09-12 12:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Left Brain

I would drive 10 hours in the opposite direction for the peace of mind that she was 20 hours away from me.

Any woman who can have such opposite effects on men is some kind of special in my book!  When my wife was younger she was equally comfortable in a cocktail dress or BDUs.....or jeans is she was riding horses. 

2016-09-12 12:50 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

Any woman who can have such opposite effects on men is some kind of special in my book!  When my wife was younger she was equally comfortable in a cocktail dress or BDUs.....or jeans is she was riding horses. 

When my wife was younger we couldn't afford cocktail dresses, BDU's, or horses........but we went out of our way not to annoy each other by constantly running our yaps like Palin does.  Now that we have a few horses, BDU's, and cocktail dresses we find that it doesn't have much to do with being comfortable.

2016-09-12 1:25 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

When my wife was younger we couldn't afford cocktail dresses, BDU's, or horses........but we went out of our way not to annoy each other by constantly running our yaps like Palin does.  Now that we have a few horses, BDU's, and cocktail dresses we find that it doesn't have much to do with being comfortable.

It has everything to do with being comfortable!  Being comfortable with what you have....what you were born with and what you earned....being comfortable with our ideals and opinions and being comfortable even around people who are diametrically opposed to your ideal and opinions.

I don't think my wife has worn a cocktail dress in 30 years.....last time I wore a suit was at my Dad's funeral 15 years ago......but wait....I forgot WTH we were talking about......oh yeah, short term memory loss!  Doesn't affect me!  Knock on wood.  KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

Excuse me, someone is at the door....

2016-09-12 1:30 PM

User image

Pro

It has everything to do with being comfortable!  Being comfortable with what you have....what you were born with and what you earned....being comfortable with our ideals and opinions and being comfortable even around people who are diametrically opposed to your ideal and opinions.

I don't think my wife has worn a cocktail dress in 30 years.....last time I wore a suit was at my Dad's funeral 15 years ago......but wait....I forgot WTH we were talking about......oh yeah, short term memory loss!  Doesn't affect me!  Knock on wood.  KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

Bro......you can have any opinion you want with no argument here......as long as you keep that forking wingnut Palin away from me. LOL 

I couldn't imagine being in a room with that idiot for 30 seconds.

2016-09-12 1:50 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Bro......you can have any opinion you want with no argument here......as long as you keep that forking wingnut Palin away from me. LOL 

Well if she ever comes to visit you, please tell her I have your proxy. I will entertain her and take her fishing and hunting in Alabama.....and she can regale me with what it was like being governor and VP candidate and making  millions of dollars and raising 5 kids.  She can even ride on the back of my Harley in the Trail of Tears this weekend.....

2016-09-12 2:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Well if she ever comes to visit you, please tell her I have your proxy. I will entertain her and take her fishing and hunting in Alabama.....and she can regale me with what it was like being governor and VP candidate and making  millions of dollars and raising 5 kids.  She can even ride on the back of my Harley in the Trail of Tears this weekend.....

Yes, that would be a good place for her.......I'll do it! 

Besides, I already raised 5 kids......I don't need to hear about it.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-09-12 2:01 PM
2016-09-12 2:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I can't think of a single person on the planet, living or dead, that I would refuse to sit down and talk to given the opportunity.  Barack Obama, Pol Pot, Charles Manson, Hillary Clinton, Hitler, Kennedy, Huey P Long, Ted (hic) Kennedy......"Ted, is it true that when you hit the water you hit so hard Mary Jo's panties flew off and landed in the glove box?!"  The Pope, John Wayne, Mussolini, Kahn...."Mr Kahn, what's it's like being the Klingon that always looses?"

2016-09-12 2:36 PM

User image

Pro

I can't think of a single person on the planet, living or dead, that I would refuse to sit down and talk to given the opportunity.  Barack Obama, Pol Pot, Charles Manson, Hillary Clinton, Hitler, Kennedy, Huey P Long, Ted (hic) Kennedy......"Ted, is it true that when you hit the water you hit so hard Mary Jo's panties flew off and landed in the glove box?!"  The Pope, John Wayne, Mussolini, Kahn...."Mr Kahn, what's it's like being the Klingon that always looses?"

Yeah, well most days I feel like I've already talked to everyone on the planet.....if nothing else, I've gotten good at figuring out which one's I wouldn't give a second to if I have a choice.  Go on and put that bimbo idiot on the back of your bike and haul her arse on down the road away from me....oh, and take Triscut, Bisquit, Track, Snowflake, and that other kid of hers with you.

2016-09-12 2:42 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Yeah, well most days I feel like I've already talked to everyone on the planet.....if nothing else, I've gotten good at figuring out which one's I wouldn't give a second to if I have a choice.  Go on and put that bimbo idiot on the back of your bike and haul her arse on down the road away from me....oh, and take Triscut, Bisquit, Track, Snowflake, and that other kid of hers with you.

Chillax brother.  She is just like me.....ich bin ein deplorable!

X

2016-09-12 2:42 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

2016-09-12 3:15 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I talked to a Gary Johnson Supporter while walking this weekend. He has a campaign headquarters about 2 blocks from where I live. He assured me that Gary Johnson a moderate libertarian so he is safe to vote for.

While I pretty open when it comes to social freedoms. I am concerned about businesses without regulations. Never trust anyone to do the right thing when there is money involved.
2016-09-12 3:21 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Hoping to get the Gary Johnson thread back on track:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20160911_The_Pulse__Smerconish__Open_debates_to_Libertarians.html

Gary who?

Oh yeah, that guy.  "Gary, what do you think about Aleppo?"

Gary:  "Well, I much preferred Grouch and Harpo...."

2016-09-19 10:41 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Hoping to get the Gary Johnson thread back on track:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20160911_The_Pulse__Smerconish__Open_debates_to_Libertarians.html

Gary who?

Oh yeah, that guy.  "Gary, what do you think about Aleppo?"

Gary:  "Well, I much preferred Grouch and Harpo...."

Gary is quickly establishing himself as the "Sarah Palin" of this election.  uh boy

I've been on record saying intellect isn't necessarily a qualification for President, but he's straining my belief in this area. 
Gary Johnson completely botches Chelsea explosion response

I also saw a couple stories yesterday that Weld was considering dropping from the ticket due to not wanting to hurt Hillary and throw the election to Trump.

2016-09-19 10:50 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

I also saw a couple stories yesterday that Weld was considering dropping from the ticket due to not wanting to hurt Hillary and throw the election to Trump.

Except never Trump/ Never Hillary people just have to go else where. Though if they force me to choose I think at this point I will have to go Trump over Hillary.

bad president for 4 years might be better than keeping the status quot.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Gary Johnson? Rss Feed  

of 4