of 4

2016-07-22 3:27 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Cleveland
Here's some not so great news out of Cleveland. Maybe Trump fatigue is setting in.

"Early ratings: Trump’s audience last night was slightly bigger than Romney’s, not as big as McCain’s"

2016-07-22 4:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Has there ever been a convention as angry as this 2016 RNC? Not in my memory. Talk about vitriol. ...but it seems to be working for them so far.

Pretty sure the DNC will top them soon.  hehe

Tony, c'mon man, you really think you're going to see speakers telling bold-faced lies like, "Obama's a Muslim!?" Or, chanting, "Lock him up!," when referring to The Donald? Talk about Silly Season, I can't even have a nice convo. with my conservative in-laws. Faux News is quite powerful stuff. Apparently, Obama is a Muslim intent on destroying America. Hillary is not only a criminal and a pathological liar, she's killed dozens of her political enemies. I was watching with my pop-in-law the Nightly News the evening after Melania's speech...ya know, the speech she lifted an entire passage from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech? My ma-in-law comes into the room later after we mentioned Melania's words were the same as Michelle's, to which she replied, "That's just a lie. The Democrats always lie." ...okay? SMH. Trust me, I love law and order...but Trump's painting a picture that just doesn't match reality. Does anybody else read fact-checkers? https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-resurfaces-debunked-c...

Have you been listening to Hillary lately?  (I know it's really hard)  lol

Anyways, I was more referring to the Bernie supporters burning the place down because they are very angry at Hillary.   

I mean there are some like that, you'll always have some idiots on both sides.  the difference is that the vast majority of Bernie supporters say now, man I really wanted Bernie. Hillary isn't my favorite but she represents the majority of my beliefs. Trump is frightening and must be stopped.  I think the DNC will be just like most of the other DNCs.

2016-07-22 4:33 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Here's some not so great news out of Cleveland. Maybe Trump fatigue is setting in. "Early ratings: Trump’s audience last night was slightly bigger than Romney’s, not as big as McCain’s"

Weren't you the one that said turnout has nothing to do with election results.   

2016-07-22 4:35 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Has there ever been a convention as angry as this 2016 RNC? Not in my memory. Talk about vitriol. ...but it seems to be working for them so far.

Tony, c'mon man, you really think you're going to see speakers telling bold-faced lies like, "Obama's a Muslim!?" Or, chanting, "Lock him up!," when referring to The Donald? Talk about Silly Season, I can't even have a nice convo. with my conservative in-laws. Faux News is quite powerful stuff. Apparently, Obama is a Muslim intent on destroying America. Hillary is not only a criminal and a pathological liar, she's killed dozens of her political enemies. I was watching with my pop-in-law the Nightly News the evening after Melania's speech...ya know, the speech she lifted an entire passage from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech? My ma-in-law comes into the room later after we mentioned Melania's words were the same as Michelle's, to which she replied, "That's just a lie. The Democrats always lie." ...okay? SMH. Trust me, I love law and order...but Trump's painting a picture that just doesn't match reality. Does anybody else read fact-checkers? https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-resurfaces-debunked-c...

Anyways, I was more referring to the Bernie supporters burning the place down because they are very angry at Hillary.   

I mean there are some like that, you'll always have some idiots on both sides.  the difference is that the vast majority of Bernie supporters say now, man I really wanted Bernie. Hillary isn't my favorite but she represents the majority of my beliefs. Trump is frightening and must be stopped.  I think the DNC will be just like most of the other DNCs.

So they're voting out of fear?  Just kidding, I know you're correct about many of them.
Time will tell how many for sure.

2016-07-22 4:42 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by ejshowers Here's some not so great news out of Cleveland. Maybe Trump fatigue is setting in. "Early ratings: Trump’s audience last night was slightly bigger than Romney’s, not as big as McCain’s"

I watched it from the RNC app on my phone and I think youtube streamed the whole convention live. Using tv ratings probably aren't a good indicator anymore. 

2016-07-22 4:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

So they're voting out of fear?  Just kidding, I know you're correct about many of them.

fear of Cheetos, its a very healthy crowd :P

2016-07-22 6:06 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'd bet any amount of money the crowd at the DNC convention is a lot healthier than the RNC.  

2016-07-22 7:14 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

I watched it from the RNC app on my phone and I think youtube streamed the whole convention live. Using tv ratings probably aren't a good indicator anymore. 

The internet and most apps, etc. were alive and well in 2012... Also, is that true for the core of Trump supporters: Old white folk?
2016-07-23 7:23 AM

User image

Elite

I'd bet any amount of money the crowd at the DNC convention is a lot healthier than the RNC.  

Healthier, maybe. Whiter? Not a chance.
2016-07-23 10:00 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Reminds me of the old Soviet era joke.  An American and a Russian were in a race and the American won.  There were only 2 runners  

TASS reported, "The Russian came in second and the American came in next to last". 

2016-07-23 5:58 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers

The internet and most apps, etc. were alive and well in 2012... Also, is that true for the core of Trump supporters: Old white folk?

live streaming was in its infancy though.  It did exist, but back in those days anything over a few hundred viewers crushed the Internet.

2016-07-24 9:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

live streaming was in its infancy though.  It did exist, but back in those days anything over a few hundred viewers crushed the Internet.

righhttttt. keep tryin tuwood

2016-07-24 12:19 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

And Trump had a higher tv viewership than Romney did in 2012. So what was the state of the internet and apps back in 2008? 

2016-07-24 1:09 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro

I've moved on to Philly, where Sanders supporters are poised to lose their minds. LMAO

2016-07-24 5:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

righhttttt. keep tryin tuwood

Lol, it's true. I design networks and was in charge of making it work for large businesses. It didn't work to scale until they were able to break out the distribution globally with multicast which wasn't really perfected until the last 2-3 years.I believe YouTube didn't even offer live streaming until 2013.
2016-07-24 5:32 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Left Brain

I've moved on to Philly, where Sanders supporters are poised to lose their minds. LMAO

Philly is all unity and tolerance. Duh. Oh wait, why are 50k protesters expected...

2016-07-24 9:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Kudos to the Cleveland PD and their leadership.  The RNC and the protest element had the makings of a complete meltdown, and from what I have read and seen the Cleveland PD was on top of every problem and handled themselves with discipline and grace.

Great job men and women of the Cleveland PD!!

Edited by Left Brain 2016-07-24 9:47 PM
2016-08-01 9:27 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Not good news if you are Drumpf supporter:

"National conventions typically leave presidential candidates with a “convention bump,” or a small boost in the polls thanks to four days of positive coverage. But a Gallup poll found the Republican convention actually put Donald Trump farther behind.

Two Gallup surveys of 1,000 adults after each convention found that just 36 percent said they were more likely to vote for Trump after watching the GOP proceedings, while 51 percent said they were less likely, a 15 percentage point disadvantage.

That was the first time since Gallup began asking the question in 1984 that a candidate has left a convention with a net negative. Previous conventions left candidates with a net positive ranging from a couple percentage points to a 45 point advantage."
2016-08-02 8:48 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Not good news if you are Drumpf supporter: "National conventions typically leave presidential candidates with a “convention bump,” or a small boost in the polls thanks to four days of positive coverage. But a Gallup poll found the Republican convention actually put Donald Trump farther behind. Two Gallup surveys of 1,000 adults after each convention found that just 36 percent said they were more likely to vote for Trump after watching the GOP proceedings, while 51 percent said they were less likely, a 15 percentage point disadvantage. That was the first time since Gallup began asking the question in 1984 that a candidate has left a convention with a net negative. Previous conventions left candidates with a net positive ranging from a couple percentage points to a 45 point advantage."

As I mentioned before the polls are really confusing this year.  There's no question Gallup is a respectable polling outfit, yet other respectable polling outfits have Trump with huge positive bumps after the convention.  One of them is wrong, that's for sure.  hah

2016-08-02 9:40 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Originally posted by ejshowers Not good news if you are Drumpf supporter: "National conventions typically leave presidential candidates with a “convention bump,” or a small boost in the polls thanks to four days of positive coverage. But a Gallup poll found the Republican convention actually put Donald Trump farther behind. Two Gallup surveys of 1,000 adults after each convention found that just 36 percent said they were more likely to vote for Trump after watching the GOP proceedings, while 51 percent said they were less likely, a 15 percentage point disadvantage. That was the first time since Gallup began asking the question in 1984 that a candidate has left a convention with a net negative. Previous conventions left candidates with a net positive ranging from a couple percentage points to a 45 point advantage."

As I mentioned before the polls are really confusing this year.  There's no question Gallup is a respectable polling outfit, yet other respectable polling outfits have Trump with huge positive bumps after the convention.  One of them is wrong, that's for sure.  hah

The question is different than the typical "who would you vote for" question that would show a "bump" in the polls. This poll simply shows how people feel about voting for the candidate post convention, and is significant in that it is the first time since 1984 when they began asking it that it showed a net negative.
2016-08-02 9:51 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The question is different than the typical "who would you vote for" question that would show a "bump" in the polls. This poll simply shows how people feel about voting for the candidate post convention, and is significant in that it is the first time since 1984 when they began asking it that it showed a net negative.

I can't remember the polling outfit, but I remember reading an article the day after the RNC convention and they asked the same question.  I can't find it now because google is littered with the gallup survey (funny how google does that).  Anyways it was something like 78% were more likely to vote for trump and was unprecedented in how much of a bump he got.  It was 100% opposite of what Gallup is touting now, but because of our media we heard nothing about the other one (and can't even find it) while this one is front page news nationwide.  
Like I said in the other thread.  I'm really trying to stay out of the conspiracy camp, but it's hard.   

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Cleveland Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 4, 2006
author : trijesse
comments : 1
After years of waiting....its all about to change! This was my first triathlon and I have to say that the whole thing was amazing to me.