BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 86

2016-12-19 7:43 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois

Hello all!

This showed up in my inbox during the Great BT Outage of 2016.  I think that STACEY should go for it.  TJ, don't you use Skirt Sports sometimes as well?  And that's not meaning to leave anyone out ;-)

2017 Skirt Sports Ambassador Search Application

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

2016-12-19 7:45 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Hello all!

This showed up in my inbox during the Great BT Outage of 2016.  I think that STACEY should go for it.  TJ, don't you use Skirt Sports sometimes as well?  And that's not meaning to leave anyone out ;-)

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I kinda feel left out. 

2016-12-19 7:59 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

Hello all!

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

We would all LOVE to see you in a skirt!  DOOO EEETTTTTT!!!!!!!

2016-12-19 8:46 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hello all!

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

Funny, I was thinking a male manatee should apply!

2016-12-19 8:50 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner 50 here in Tokyo Narita (well, outside--we got to stand around for a few minutes waiting for a shuttle bus) but the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. Yikes. I am watching sunset (just after 4--how can that be?) and realize I think I have seen sunshine and blue sky maybe three times since Australia in September. I wish I was joking--I'm not. Usually rainy season kind of tapers off in November and by December Saigon is pretty nice, albeit rather hot by North American standards between about 10 AM and 4 PM. But this year up to now it has just been endless weeks of super-humid, super-polluted murky yuck, with annoying daily drizzle that fails to clean the air or cool things off or do anything but increase the humidity even more. Desperately need to get new running shoes and restock my Nuun stash. I was down to 3 1/2 tabs after the end of yesterday's trainer ride. That is the closest it has ever been. (For those who don't know, you can't buy electrolyte tabs or powder in Vietnam.I have to sit down and calculate how many tubes I need for months at a time, between journeys to the US or Singapore, buy them and bring them in, then ration carefully.) For the last three weeks I have been down only to Nuun Energy--the tabs with caffeine. I bought a "bargain pack" at Worlds and unlike in the US, all four tubes were the caffeinated kind. I hope I haven't been teaching too fast in the mornings!

This made me smile!

I hope that the rest of your journey to Oregon was uneventful!

2016-12-19 8:52 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by Hot Runner 50 here in Tokyo Narita (well, outside--we got to stand around for a few minutes waiting for a shuttle bus) but the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. Yikes. I am watching sunset (just after 4--how can that be?) and realize I think I have seen sunshine and blue sky maybe three times since Australia in September. I wish I was joking--I'm not. Usually rainy season kind of tapers off in November and by December Saigon is pretty nice, albeit rather hot by North American standards between about 10 AM and 4 PM. But this year up to now it has just been endless weeks of super-humid, super-polluted murky yuck, with annoying daily drizzle that fails to clean the air or cool things off or do anything but increase the humidity even more. Desperately need to get new running shoes and restock my Nuun stash. I was down to 3 1/2 tabs after the end of yesterday's trainer ride. That is the closest it has ever been. (For those who don't know, you can't buy electrolyte tabs or powder in Vietnam.I have to sit down and calculate how many tubes I need for months at a time, between journeys to the US or Singapore, buy them and bring them in, then ration carefully.) For the last three weeks I have been down only to Nuun Energy--the tabs with caffeine. I bought a "bargain pack" at Worlds and unlike in the US, all four tubes were the caffeinated kind. I hope I haven't been teaching too fast in the mornings!

Bahaha ... you're actually a pretty fast talker. And tri-mover uh ... no, you don't look like a triathlete, you look like a PRO triathlete!

If there's ever anything you're down to emergency rations on, I can probably get it or something very much like it to Vietnam fast and cheap.

GO HAPPYSTONED!!!

GO TEEJ!!!

Randeetee ... noice, very noice btw yesterday was the first day I could wash my azz normally with normal soap and water. Just thought I'd share. (Stace Face this might make you happy too although for those who actually saw what my nethers looked like after IMWA ... I know nothing can make you unsee that!)

Here's a pic of Stace Face and I at the little tri we did the weekend after IMWA.

And, so ... this happened today. His name is Myu, after a beloved friend who died unjustly, and because that's what the damn thing kept yelling at me as I was trying to enter the airport to leave Bali ... (I did not leave Bali. I snatched that puzzy and my bags and headed right to the vet, now back at the Bali home with him for another week).

I don't think he's going to make it, he's that starved, but he's one very happy kitty in the meanwhile. As Horny Melon ... errr Ceilidh ... errr Robin once said to me of an erstwhile kitten, "He was warm, fed, loved, and not alone. That's all any of us could want at the end."

haha!  I like your Aussie accent there.  Very noice.

Thank you for sharing the photos. 

I was so sorry to see on Facebook that little Myu didn't make it.

2016-12-19 8:55 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Thanks all for the b-day wishes.  Was a nice one with the family (although I had a board meeting that day - fun!).

Got a Tacx Vortex!  Made my inaugural ride on Zwift yesterday.  Was a blast (now trying unsuccessfully to link to Strava, though).

Cold here, too.  Feels like 16 (actual 28), which is legit cold - especially for thin blooded southern types.  I'm actually loving it, as are the kids (although caroling was CANCELED tonight cuz it's too cold - whaaaaaa????).

Randee - nice ink!  

Matt

I'll be watching for more on this.  I think that next fall I'll be upgrading my trainer so I'm in the very early "I really should be paying attention to this" stage. I may end up just getting a Kickr Snap to keep things easy in the household but we shall see.

2016-12-19 9:08 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Thanks all for the b-day wishes.  Was a nice one with the family (although I had a board meeting that day - fun!).

Got a Tacx Vortex!  Made my inaugural ride on Zwift yesterday.  Was a blast (now trying unsuccessfully to link to Strava, though).

Cold here, too.  Feels like 16 (actual 28), which is legit cold - especially for thin blooded southern types.  I'm actually loving it, as are the kids (although caroling was CANCELED tonight cuz it's too cold - whaaaaaa????).

Randee - nice ink!  

Matt

I'll be watching for more on this.  I think that next fall I'll be upgrading my trainer so I'm in the very early "I really should be paying attention to this" stage. I may end up just getting a Kickr Snap to keep things easy in the household but we shall see.

yeah, I've kind of looked at smart trainers, but right now can't justify getting rid of my perfectly good kurt kinetic.  But, presumably I will be on the trainer a lot more in 2017 and if a smart one will make the time less miserable, I may talk myself into it!!

2016-12-19 9:11 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Hello all!

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

X2
2016-12-19 10:01 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Randeetee ... noice, very noice btw yesterday was the first day I could wash my azz normally with normal soap and water. Just thought I'd share. (Stace Face this might make you happy too although for those who actually saw what my nethers looked like after IMWA ... I know nothing can make you unsee that!)

Here's a pic of Stace Face and I at the little tri we did the weekend after IMWA.

And, so ... this happened today. His name is Myu, after a beloved friend who died unjustly, and because that's what the damn thing kept yelling at me as I was trying to enter the airport to leave Bali ... (I did not leave Bali. I snatched that puzzy and my bags and headed right to the vet, now back at the Bali home with him for another week).

I don't think he's going to make it, he's that starved, but he's one very happy kitty in the meanwhile. As Horny Melon ... errr Ceilidh ... errr Robin once said to me of an erstwhile kitten, "He was warm, fed, loved, and not alone. That's all any of us could want at the end."

I'm still having nightmares over that photo. Certain things stick with you, ya know? like the time my friend told me her dog had NOSE WORMS. I can't even think about it without grabbing my nose (and now you can't too) :p

I'm very sorry to hear about the kitty. You are good peeps Yanti. That cat was luck it found you.
2016-12-19 10:03 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania

Hey kids!  I'm a bit envious of the weather Chris/Ann-Marie/Karen are enjoying but hey, it could be worse. I'm thankful I have a warm house to ride out the weather.

EFP and I were going to go to MD to do a race this weekend (well, he was going to race, I was going to spectate because of rehabbing my Achilles) but we didn't go because of the snow/ice/mixed precipitation.  I'm glad we didn't. There were a lot of nasty accidents out there.  Especially scary was the crash/explosion/fire because of a gas tanker on I95 that turned into something like 65 car pileup. Perhaps you've seen the footage - The Weather Channel kept showing the video.  While we wouldn't have been on that road, it's still evidence that we made the smart decision not to drive to the race Sat. am.

2016-12-19 10:03 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Randeetee ... noice, very noice btw yesterday was the first day I could wash my azz normally with normal soap and water. Just thought I'd share. (Stace Face this might make you happy too although for those who actually saw what my nethers looked like after IMWA ... I know nothing can make you unsee that!)

I'm still having nightmares over that photo. Certain things stick with you, ya know? like the time my friend told me her dog had NOSE WORMS. I can't even think about it without grabbing my nose (and now you can't too) :p I'm very sorry to hear about the kitty. You are good peeps Yanti. That cat was luck it found you.

um, thanks for sharing?

2016-12-19 10:21 AM
in reply to: #5207693

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Botflies are NASTY but apparently "harmless." At least to the animal - they leave humans a bit scarred! I see them not infrequently in deer when taking lymph nodes for Chronic Wasting Disease ("mad deer disease") testing. Really nasty lifecycle, IMO... yuck.
2016-12-19 4:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by amd723

Hello all!

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

Funny, I was thinking a male manatee should apply!

They used do men's shorts too here in Australia but I just checked and they are gone from the site now.
2016-12-20 12:11 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Everyone can stop being jealous of me weather-wise..... We had a big ice storm here Wednesday night (though we did not get ice plus snow as Portland did). The airport and roads were pretty much ice-free by the time I got back about Saturday noon, but there are amazing numbers of trees (and parts of trees) and power lines down around town. Sunday's run was pretty interesting. Most of the main streets are now clear but yards, including ours, are a disaster zone. We have two medium-sized trees down; falling trees from a neighbor's yard knocked down two sections of our fence, and the yard is full of debris. It's going to take days to clean up and there is a weeks-long wait for a tree service to deal with the bigger messes. At least we have power--there are still a couple thousand people without!

Forecast is for a mix of heavy rain and clearer but colder days--ice is always a possibility with that mix.

Yanti....So sorry about the kitty. But you did your best. And he looked like he was already in heaven on your warm body! At that age (probably at any age), all they want is "Mommy" and you were there for him at the end.
2016-12-20 12:48 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Everyone can stop being jealous of me weather-wise..... We had a big ice storm here Wednesday night (though we did not get ice plus snow as Portland did). The airport and roads were pretty much ice-free by the time I got back about Saturday noon, but there are amazing numbers of trees (and parts of trees) and power lines down around town. Sunday's run was pretty interesting. Most of the main streets are now clear but yards, including ours, are a disaster zone. We have two medium-sized trees down; falling trees from a neighbor's yard knocked down two sections of our fence, and the yard is full of debris. It's going to take days to clean up and there is a weeks-long wait for a tree service to deal with the bigger messes. At least we have power--there are still a couple thousand people without! Forecast is for a mix of heavy rain and clearer but colder days--ice is always a possibility with that mix. Yanti....So sorry about the kitty. But you did your best. And he looked like he was already in heaven on your warm body! At that age (probably at any age), all they want is "Mommy" and you were there for him at the end.

I'm so glad that you have power!  I totally understand dealing with ice storms and all of the downed trees.  We get that here in Raleigh a lot more that anywhere else that I've lived.  It's no fun at all.

2016-12-20 12:50 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Manatees,

You may have noticed that BT is starting up the 2017 mentor groups.  That means that this group will be coming to an end. Fear not!  Chris and I are on it.  We'll let you know when our new group is ready.

2016-12-20 1:55 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Manatees,

You may have noticed that BT is starting up the 2017 mentor groups.  That means that this group will be coming to an end. Fear not!  Chris and I are on it.  We'll let you know when our new group is ready.

Thank you and Chirs!

2016-12-20 11:58 PM

User image

Seattle
Oh man, time for a new mentor program already? My goodness how time dissappears...I think I still owe my bio. Lol. In running news I ran a mile time trial on the track. I hadn't done that before, actually. It was on a dirt track wo spikes and I ran a 5:48:xx so probably a little wiggle room for speed gains on more ideal terrain. I'm definitely more suited for those longer (cough cough slower) events these days. Still undecided on what races I'd like to do. I've got my sights on some run ventures like rim2rim2rim grand canyon, another section of the PCT, a rim2rim of zion and maybe some others. I'm spending the winter beefing up my mountain skills (more avalanche education, backcountry first aid) and finally, making a summit bid of Rainier in September. Hmmm on the weather topic it's been colder than average here. I think we broke a record in fact. Just in time for our heat to go out! But don't you worry about me, we're all good now (no thanks to a predator of a contractor for the first bid) House heating aside I'm loving the weather. I make it a point to go frolicking in the mountain snow every chance I get. In case I don't get a moment to drop by again before the holidays I hope you all have a good one!
2016-12-21 4:59 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Hello all!

DOOO EEETTT!!!!!!!!

Go for it!
2016-12-21 7:06 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

So, I have my first race of 2017 on the calendar. Piggy's Revenge will be 40 miles on the MTB in a nearby Wildlife Preserve. 01/08/2017. I am doing it with a friend that I have known since Jr High. It ought to be interesting, to put it kindly. Or, more honestly, painful. And fun.

And no, I'm not applying to be an ambassador at Skirt Sports. No one wants to see that! 

2016-12-21 7:31 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

So, I have my first race of 2017 on the calendar. Piggy's Revenge will be 40 miles on the MTB in a nearby Wildlife Preserve. 01/08/2017. I am doing it with a friend that I have known since Jr High. It ought to be interesting, to put it kindly. Or, more honestly, painful. And fun.

And no, I'm not applying to be an ambassador at Skirt Sports. No one wants to see that! 

PLEASE be a SS ambassador!They have capris, you know

Where is the Preserve the race is in?

2016-12-21 8:03 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by ceilidh

PLEASE be a SS ambassador!They have capris, you know

Where is the Preserve the race is in?

Yeah, not so much.

The Carleton Preserve, off of Border Rd in Venice. The local Off Road group has done some single track work, so the race is a mix of Jeep trail and single track. I've been told the 40 mile option is the roughest one. The 60 miler is mostly Jeep trail, as is the 20 mile option. I didn't know this prior to signing up.

There is some video available on the link in my blog of the mudfest from 2016. I hope this year is drier...

2016-12-21 8:19 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Asalzwed Oh man, time for a new mentor program already? My goodness how time dissappears...I think I still owe my bio. Lol. In running news I ran a mile time trial on the track. I hadn't done that before, actually. It was on a dirt track wo spikes and I ran a 5:48:xx so probably a little wiggle room for speed gains on more ideal terrain. I'm definitely more suited for those longer (cough cough slower) events these days. Still undecided on what races I'd like to do. I've got my sights on some run ventures like rim2rim2rim grand canyon, another section of the PCT, a rim2rim of zion and maybe some others. I'm spending the winter beefing up my mountain skills (more avalanche education, backcountry first aid) and finally, making a summit bid of Rainier in September. Hmmm on the weather topic it's been colder than average here. I think we broke a record in fact. Just in time for our heat to go out! But don't you worry about me, we're all good now (no thanks to a predator of a contractor for the first bid) House heating aside I'm loving the weather. I make it a point to go frolicking in the mountain snow every chance I get. In case I don't get a moment to drop by again before the holidays I hope you all have a good one!

Thanks for checking in!  Happy holidays to you as well!

2016-12-21 8:20 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I really think that you need to reconsider. Stacey cannot apply because it's only open to US residents.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  

of 86

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.